FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spawn Camping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to pose this question again to see what the admins think. If I keep getting killed by snipers or remote rockets that are launched "from a no go area" aka spawn, can i go in and get them.

I only think that it is fair if they are picking you off from spawn then go for em!!
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember one of my mottos-- I can always be wrong.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins have different opinions on that one so I can't really comment.I will bring it up in our next meeting for you though.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna know the answer to this question as well. Often times I must restrain myself from enter respawn to kill someone who begins fighting me and runs. If your activly fighting out of spawn and then retreating (or shooting from spawn in snipers case) shouldn't the defenders be able to defend themselves? What's the party line gonna be on this one?

ToRaK

shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought that if a sniper was shooting at you from spawn, you can shoot back, but you can't follow him in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am SERIOUSLY getting tired of snipers cowering in spawn 1 on avanti. i've started specifically targeting them with nades, rockets, and hovering JUST on the line of spawn to kill them. so far i haven't entered, but i am SO ready to. i think that if someone is attacking FROM spawn, we should be able to enter it and kill them. spawn is for spawning, NOT for making cheap shots.

And thank you Bada for paying attention to this! i hope for a response soon

[ This Message was edited by: Whybkuul on 2002-03-22 11:16 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Why, but I think there will be too much trouble deciding who's attack from respawn, and who's just respawning if we're allowed to enter to kill pansy snipers ...I feel ya though, enemy snipers cowering behind the gates have become the number 1 target of all of my 'nades.

ToRaK

BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely hate remote rockets... Ban 'em and there's no problem.

As for sniping from respawn, why be a sissy and camp there? The best snipers are the ones who are always moving around and advancing... just when you know where they got you from, they move up and cover the spot you'd have to go to see them... *bam* another headshot death...

As long as the attackers respawn where you can't hit them, spam through the gates as much as possible! It'll keep the snipers from camping there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play sniper and my team is going for cap 1, I normally snipe in spawn (yes I admitted it! )I do this because the second I cross the line, I almost instantly die. And if you think that snipers are being cheap by sitting in spawn before their team has capped 1, then tell YOUR snipers to shoot them. After 1 is capped, then there isn't a whole lot of sniping to do unless you move up. And I personaly almost never run back into spawn or run from anything (except soldier or HW) after 2 is capped. And the snipers on the defending team often sit in their spawn as well once the attacking team is going for the church.

Both are equally cheap, but unless you have a coward sniper, ALL of the snipers have to move up to where they put themsleves in danger eventually. SO while it is annoying to have snipers camp in their spawn before 1 is taken, just wait for their team to cap 2. Then you can maul the snipers at your pleasure. Trust me, I do
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If lets say a sniper runs into respawn on warpath at 3 and the team isnt actually respawning there can you run in and kill him. If you have a teammate stand at the door so it wont close the other person can get rid of the sniper hiding out. I know when I snipe I try to get to 3 respawn as soon as I can cause it helps my team out quite a bit, but I dont have anything against someone coming and killing me in there. It shouldnt be a safe haven for a sniper just because its a respawn IMO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NerUKierFKeal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u guys think sniping from our spawn is wrong then why are u guys shooting us from cap 2

hoaxie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be okay to snipe from inside that respawn (Avanti), as long as it is okay for me to shoot you there too (without actually entering, of course). But everyone throws nades, etc. and fires into that respawn at the beginning of the game because everyone inside is firing and throwing stuff out.

And, if you think about it. it is not like you respawn right near the doors. You respawn around the side of the building so that you are not in immediate danger right when you respawn. But, what do I know?

[ This Message was edited by: one big hoax on 2002-03-22 12:55 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone continually runs back to spawn on Avanti, they're toast for playing wimpy. This isn't just one time either.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really think sucks on Avanti is the snipers on defense who focus at the area right in the very bottom respawn and shoot you as soon as you respawn from dying while trying to cap 1.Bam as soon as you pop up half your health is gone.Soldiers and hws do the same thing and I don't know why that is not considered respawn camping.

Are you threatening me ???
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on both sides of the battle (not sniper only med). I respect both sides of the issues.

Since it has not been clearly stated to me I will be the A Hole.

If you are in spawn sniper, HW GAY gy, remote solly, or if you run back to hide from mg or sg, I will go into spawn 1..

I think that this is only fair and will make the game better. We all love TFC so lets do it.

. I do not want to piss off no one, but I want resilution to the issue.

(IF I GET BANNED HELP ME)
DK Wild the alcohol fueled boy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: