FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
:::Chan's 1st SOAPBOX::: >BBF
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::pulls out an old soapbox:::

:::clears throat:::

Greetings all I have gathered you all here to address a topic that i feel is one of (if not) the most important part of TFC. The 'fun factor'. I have been meaning to address this for some time now but I never got the chance to.

What I have been noticing is that people forget sometimes that this is a game and not some compition. Remember the last stat reset? How Robert E. Lee 'played a trick on us' and was keeping stats that week even though he said he wasn't? That was one of the best times I ever had here, no one cared about their personal goals and kills per death. Everyone had a jolly good time crowbar fighting making a fool of themselves and gerally having a better time with the game.

Maybe it is time that we remembered why we bought the game- To Have Fun! What is the fun of trying to be better then everyone else and trying for your own personal profit. The game is about having fun and making it enjoyable for those around you.

I go under a lot of aliases because sometimes I want to see what happens when no one knows you and see if anyone can reconize me.

The Kilaaks (please dont reply to this post if you are a Kilaak) add fun to The 'Ville at least in the forums, I have not seen many Kilaak actually play. They are here and even I must admit bring a little smile to my face.

What I am asking
Robert E. Lee
if you really feel giving or if you feel moved at all lets have another no-stat week, it will allow those hard-core stat-wors to be free.
TVB Members
Take a little break we have all earned it go under aliases, pick classes you dont normally pick. (Frag no spying )
TVB and Everyone
When someone asks (or you can) start a crowbar war! It is one of the funnest elements of the game!
Get into a chicken fight! Have a friendly admin (that is all of them) turn everyone into chickens and have a massive chicken fight.
Have a entire map nothing but scouts. Avanti would be awsome if everyone was a scout think of it!

People that I can think of that really bring the fun factor to the game
(sorry if i dont mention you)
FragFailure
Robert E. Lee
John Doe
CycoMom and Dad (when they are both on it is better)
KRG- never backs down from a cbar war
Chen - one of the most memorable members I have been with
5th GHG E.G. Mine - always fun (likes to SPAM)

What am i doing about this?
For the next week I will be sporting a tag >BBF< meaning Bring Back the Fun. I am encouraging you all to participate! Hell, I wouldn't mind if those FUNEE KILAAK PEEPOLE would sport the tag. If anyone feels strongly about the topic please post your thoughts and wear the tag for this week.

-Until next time video gamers

Chan Tanaka
(self proclaimed King of the Crowbar)

:::gets off soapbox and puts it back under Frag's work desk:::

LONG LIVE THE VILLE AND FUN!

[ This Message was edited by: Chan Tanaka-TPF- on 2002-03-25 16:08 ]
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stats?
hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't buy this game for fun. Oh, no sir! I bought it so I could satisfy my homicidal tendencies in a legal manner. Oh yeah. And I don't have worry about cleaning up any dried blood, picking bone bits out of the capret, scraping splattered brain matter off the walls, or hiding evidence. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Kill Kill Kill

Just kidding, Chan. I always have fun when I play, and I play to have fun.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but honestly, I AM having fun. Well, as long some of my friends are playing, and I am not playing on TV3

I have honestly, not seen a lot of the people I started playing with here very often. I have not seen Chan or Chen or Omega or KRG. I have lately been playing with WhyB, Mul, DBD, VP, an my other njk friends. What happened to all my other friends??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The only reason I like The 'Ville is that you can have fun and laugh at the n00bs stupidity too.
Seriously, if anyone needs a boost in a sense of humor, I got mine REFINED at a unique site. It's http://www.lunatix-online.com. It is worth visiting if you need a lesson in how to have fun. If you don't wanna do that, I happen to know a certain person who will show you that the crowbar has its usefulness.
I mean, honestly, what's the point of even playing on The 'Ville servers if all you have are respawn killers and stats whores?

Here at The 'Ville we have a unique outlook, shit, take a look, I mean how many servers do you know of that have their very own mascot (I especially like putting an anti-missle launcher between his legs and saying "Feel the power between Rob's legs!", even though most people won't look those who do get a laugh out of it )put directly on the map? How many servers have as many servers as The 'Ville? How many servers have so much set up as The 'Ville?

Sure, you can find some servers that have a sound bite or two to go along with your bind. I have "1" to "=" bound in the order of the readme for sounds. Sure, if I go the whole way and back, I'm booted, but doing that alone is one of the fun things I can find to do here at The 'Ville.

And besides if all else fails in the humor department, there's always someone to rip on for your own amusement, isn't that right you silly Canadian?

This is about fun, this is about the heart of all gaming, this is The 'Ville, so have fun or leave damn it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! I see "BBF" in the topic, and I get all excited... but no! LOL

I like the <BBF> tag though, I think every single ville reg should wear one... it'd pump up my ego even more than pwning nOObs on a 2fart server
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW it is >BBF< not <BBF>
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun is what its all about. Come on in, kick back and have some fun.

BTW, BBF is BitterBeerFace so will he be >BBF<BitterBeerFace or can we call him BBFBBF for short?

JD
King of Off topic Posts.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan, while I do support your idea and the enthusiasm behind it, my name is just too freaking long! Unless I go for <TVB>KRG~VS~>BBF<-TPF-

Great idea though! I am behind you all the way.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'd be (TVB-H)BitterBeerFace-TPF--VS->BBF<

Since that's just tooooooo long, I could be (TVB-H)BBF-TPF--VS->BBF<

Ok, forget it, I'll just be (TVB-H)BitterBeerFace-TPF- like I have been for a while now

BBFBBF works, I guess, I've been called worse!

[ This Message was edited by: BitterBeerFace on 2002-03-25 17:50 ]
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUN FUN FUN the daddy will take the Tbird away.
Heck if you see me in game ask me to turn on fun mode as well.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those wearing the BBF tag this week will receive some admin_chicken and maybe a no-clip for some aereal chicken fights with thier crowbars.
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my damn chicken had a medic pack that wouldnt work. My conc grenades worked well though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all that have suppored me so far and thanks YPAWOM for that litle gift.

Who else wants to BBF?
Chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: