FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Concing Tips??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, heres a question to all you conc-masters out there...
How do you do a handheld conc!! it's driving me crazy, ive been trying and trying on all sorts of conc maps, but i cant figure it out..once in a while ill go maybe ten feet forward, then fall..how do you do it!!!
OS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snag is the best at it, he taught me, but you have to jump just before it goes off. It is hard to get usewd to, but when you get it, it's very useful.

What I want to know how to do is a triple conc, sounds impossible, but Twisted (I didn't see it) did one on Tayconc.
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i was playing tayconc one time and i was on the jumps that have the multiple platforms (where you get the soccer balls) and i was on the first platform, twisted came up did a triple conc and landed on the platform with teh balls..hehe
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, whats your pings usually? I handheld conc quite a bit and you jump just before it goes off like omega said.

Triples are a bit different, usually you throw one in one corner and another in another corner. Hold the third. You use the first to get into the air and pop yourself over your second conc. When the second goes off you get some serious highth from it. Then most the time you can just HH the third and get the rest of the highth from it, but if you do let go of it at the right time it will make you go just that much higher. Timing is tricky with triples but once you do it a few times they are as easy as doing single concs IMO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mongoose_Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm confused..i was messing around on tayconc tonight and discovered taht i can do an ok hh as scout..but not at all as medic..whats the deal with that!
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mongoose -
try adjusting cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate, I put both of mine at 42 and it works great for me. Also try setting your rate to like 4500-5500. I dont know what kind of connection you have so those might not be the ideal settings, but I had the same problem until I smoothed out my connection.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: