FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blowns first tip.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is for all players. Drop you bags for the engies. Especially at cap point one on avanti. They can get thier sg up to a level 3 rather quickly and possibly build a dispensor to help block grenades and the path of the other team. You have nothing else to do at that point before the gates open anyhow. Making a run to bags and dropping them for the engies just helps out that much more.

Engies, if your sg is at full health try to wrench on your players whenever you can get the chance. You will get thier armor up to 100% rather quickly. Dont go out of your way though cause then it will make your sg vulnerable.

Oh and if this post is not making much sense. Im on pain meds..hehe

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and to help that engie trying to build an SG by 1, DO NOT TAKE THE AMMO BAG BELOW POINT ONE!!!!! There is no reason to!

Man, I was in a game yesterday where two different times, people went and took that bag, then threw their bag toward my SG, and into the well... my lvl 1 SG didn't do diddly to slow down the attackers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of places where people grab packs they don't need and an Engy desperatley needs to get his SG to a level 3.

The one by cap 1 has to be the most annoying, before the gates open. Now once the gates are open I can understand people grabbing it to stay alive but NOT before. The one on the side of the church is also another pet peeve of mine.

Only grab a bag if you NEED it, DON'T just take it out of habit. That goes for most anywhere. I also hate when I'm at 2 health and someone with over 90% health jumps in front of me to grab a bag. Grrrr.

Unfortunately the people who NEED to read this never wlll.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycodad, that is when admin_slay works really well. I try to drop bags for engies, but I'm in the habit of respawning then hitting X right away.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh thats the worst cycodad...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ktulu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

cycodad:

The one on the side of the church is also another pet peeve of mine.

CycoDad taught me many engie tricks but the best one he showed me is.... on Avanti when the enemy is trying to get CP3 and your team is taking those bags on the side of the church just build a disp in front of it on the side facing your spawn so that your team still has easy access to it but the newly spawned players will have to go out of their way to take that bag which they do not need.
This little secret keeps my sg's alive on CP3 more than anything else.
Thanks again Dad
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a trick for cp1 on avanti... which also works well in other circumstances. If you are NOT playing engie, switch to pyro and follow an engie to where he is building his gun. Then kill yourself, your pack will give him enough to upgrade his gun, and you still have time to run back in position before the gates open. Unfortunately its near impossible to be an engie and talk your team mate into it hehe.

[ This Message was edited by: stupid on 2002-03-26 12:43 ]
Ktulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid, where have you been dude? Long time now see, what's up?
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, if any engi sees me as pyro, just ask. i'm more than willing to die for my team!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaaazup ktulu,
well lets see.... after playing over 100 league matches TFC kinda lost its edge for me. So ive been doing other stuff, but Ive been picking it up again, so you'll see me around .
Ktulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stupid, looking forward to fraggin with you, I'm sure you did well in the leagues. Whatever happend to your buddy Quest Blows? You and him together are the unstoppable team, dare I say 1337
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question...

If a player takes the bag at cp1 just to help out and throw a bag closer to an engi, does that bag not give enough to the engi? Because I sometimes try to grab the bag and toss many bags by the level 1 gun, so that he can grab the bags and upgrade w/o having to move.

If im wrong and its best to let him run around let me know.

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smack your teammates with that wrench!
In DustBowl you spawn at low levels of armor.
Come on guys hit us!

Get those dispensers up for a recharge too.
Help us out and we can be more effective at the front.
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamese - its a lot better to let the engie pick up the original bag, they get a lot less mojo from a bag that you pitch them.

ktulu - Qwest still plays some, I'm sure you'll see us stirring up a ruckus together soon .
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had a dollar for everytime NO ONE dropped bags for me at 1 or took bags right out of repsawn at 3 in Avanti.
I like the idea of a dip at the bag at 3 but I like to put one at foot or so off the wall before the steps at the cap point as a block to the neme and for our players to get ammo.

Also when guys get pissed at me for hitting them with the spanner to build them back up. You would be surprised how many think I'm hurtting them and run away or shot me.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: