FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whyb's tip of the Month. (too lazy to post once a week)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tip goes out to all the medics out there. Please medics, remember to heal your snipers. I think snipers are the most passed over when medics start throwin out the health. Remember guys, a good snipe can take out almost everyone that comes to cap. If the sniper has to leave to get a health pack, that's a few enemies that can make it through! keep your sniper in good health and it will be a lot harder for the enemy to get through. I can't tell you how many times i've cried "MEDIC! Excuse me, I'm in need of medical attention!" to no avail.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medic Tip...

The best defensive medic is often the stay at home medic. True, you very likly will have a horrible kill to death ratio, but your team will thank you, and so will your teams score. It is unbelivable how well an HW + MED can mow through enemy attacking CP3. It is possible to get by them, but very hard. Remember, one hit from the med bag and an HW is fully healed. Having an HW at the top of three fully healed all the time is quite nasty if the team is worth anything at all. If you have an engy repairing your armor, it's damn near unstopable.

ToRaK

EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another very important tip.

LEARN HOW TO CONC!!! A good conc'er can go right past a very good defense and capture the flag.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to play medic, and I agree, medic and HW make unbelievable combinations... I just wish the HW could have a little backback I could ride in, that'd make it easier to keep my medkit attached to their backs!

Never underestimate the power of infections though... your team will cut through the NME EASILY if they have all been infected and are down to about 70% health when they join the fight... The GURU medics are the ones who infect and heal, seemingly at the same time.

Oh, and engies, when you're running around behind the lines, HIT EVERY TEAMMATE with your wrench, HWs and soldiers especially like that... nothing worse than seeing your team with 100% health and 2% armor with an engie running around aimlessly!

[ This Message was edited by: BitterBeerFace on 2002-03-22 12:11 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-22 12:04, EagleEyes wrote:
Another very important tip.

LEARN HOW TO CONC!!! A good conc'er can go right past a very good defense and capture the flag.

oh hell yea! forgot about that one! we should clarify this tho EE, learn how to HOLD and conc! it is such an asset! if you're good, you can conc from spawn 1 to cap 2, or from the sniper balcony to the sniper bags. or hell, if you're playing D, conc from the sniper bags to the snipe balcony! it's SO funny to conc from the bags to the balcony, infect the snipes, then conc back to the bags! i've done it a couple times.. heh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Muls played med, torak and me played hw. The other team had a hell of a time capping at cap3 since me and him were constantly healthed up. If only the engies would of wrenched on us more I dont think they could of ever got cap3 without some sort of miracle. If you play medic make a point to run back to cap3 and health your team up constantly. Then go infect the other team.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-22 12:29, blown65 wrote:
since me and him were constantly healthed up.

uh, blown? i believe you could use a visit to http://www.m-w.com

Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I cant spell worth a crap and you know Im on pain meds, so its even worse. So STFU
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Twisted29

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I managed to conc from the sniper balcony to just about the main entrance of the church. I think an sg pushed me part of the way, but it was still cool.
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

...we should clarify this tho EE, learn how to HOLD and conc! it is such an asset!

Is HOLD and conc different than regular concing? I assume you mean to prime the conc, and not let go? How is this better than throwing one on the ground and timing it?

Has there already been a thread on this?
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, target, it's a lot better because you

1. aren't standing around waiting for the conc to go off (snipers love that)
2. don't have to have any room to throw the conc
3. don't have to worry about throwing the conc too far away.
4. you can be prepared to conc as soon as you turn a corner.
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. hand held concs also will give you greater distance usually. Timing is more critical though and if your ping is fluctuating alot it will be very difficult.
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i want to know is....when did whyb get good enough to give tips

just kidding!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me a brief description of exactly how you want to do it? Is it your speed that determines your direction?

How do you get the most distance?

Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-22 18:39, TargetDummy wrote:
Can you give me a brief description of exactly how you want to do it? Is it your speed that determines your direction?

How do you get the most distance?

well, how i do it is: i hold the conc (of course) and wait till the very last second of the last beep-at that moment i push the forward and jump button. prepare for distance? hell yes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: