FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
In the Admins We Trust
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is addressed to all vill'uns, new and old alike.

I've noticed a lot of crap on the forums latly targeted towards the admins. Everything from their attitude to removing threads from the forum. These sorts of posts are only going to further anger the admins, not help your cause. Take some time to think about what it's like to be an admin here.

--Having people meesage you while you're at work, to kick a llama off of one of the 24/7 servers.
--Spending your evenings updating the ban lists and working on bringing better things to the ville.
--Everytime you enter a game, have people ask you all sorts of questions.
--Driving to the server at all hours to reboot it, just so we can play for an hour or two.
--And, taking all of this crap in forums, questioning their decisions.

These are just the things that they do for us that I know about. I'm no admin, and I don't claim to be an authority on them. But they do a lot more for this server, and all of you, then most people realize.

So the next time you don't agree with an admin's action, or what they say...take a deep breath. And deal with it. Their decisions are final here, its part of the ville. There is no reason to question them, or accuse them of anything either here or in-game. If you have a large problem with them, please settle it with a private message. I've found the admins are much more receptive to this approach anyway.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't talk with the admins, or even share contrary opinions. Just please do it constructively. The admins do need your input to make this a better place. I know the line between criticm and opinion can be very fine at times, I'm just asking you to take note which side you're standing on.....

<TVB>Twisted29-VS-
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right, Twisted! I don't think that people appreciate the hard work that the admin's do around here, for the sole reason of providing a good gaming experience for us. They take their responsibilities very seriously, and deserve our respect.
Thanks guys.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know peeps do not appreciate the admins they take them for granet, makes them feel rich I suppose, but admins are here to maintaine the fun. Not to do all the peeps needs. All they need to do is keep the server clean of llamas cheaters and people that are not being respectful towards their fellow players. everthing else is extra.

Tracking down squirrels is my new job!
I can put one right thru there eye when they come up out of there holes. All I need now is a red dot scope!

[ This Message was edited by: KillerRoofcutter on 2002-03-21 20:43 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go dude. what you said has had a long time coming. i've played here since november, and the more i play the more i see people bashing admins. i think it is totally disrepectful to cop an 'tude with an admin because YOU'RE not happy. these guys go through a lot of crap to make this place as kick ass as it is. i think some people need to wake up and start realizing how great the admins are. the ville is the best servers i have ever played on, and it is totally because of the admins who run it. so instead of bitching, next time you see an admin in a game, or post about something in a forum, tell them thank you, and try and let them know how special we are here at the ville to have admins like we do.

*jumps of the soapbox and gives rob a hug*

* or maybe just a handshake. *

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins got it tough that is why there needs to be so many of them.

One thing is why i dont ask much from the admins is that i dont want to take away the 'fun' factor of the admins here.

They work hard at keeping this running smoothly. I feel sorry for them too because there are people that just make this game a job and chore for them.

Love the admins and dont take them or the server for granted.

I love you server and admins
Thank you.
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right on chan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEVUN KILAAKS UHPRESHEEIGHT VIL ADMINS! WEE WIL MAIK THEM OVURSEE-ERZ OF REST UV PUENEE HOOMUNS!

ToRaK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing here for a little while, been posting for only about 2-3 months. I've got where I rarely play on other people's servers...why? Because the other servers don't have the wonderful admin's us Villan's have come to love and respect.

Sometimes, people are going to disagree. This is just a fact of life. However, when you disagree with an admin, you should talk it over in a resonable and understanding manner. This is not only nice but will keep you from getting into trouble. Don't forget, even though most admins take more crap than they should, they have the power to ban you. Next time you consider getting upset at an admin, just think it's the wrong thing to do, and it could be your last thing you do on the Ville.

Keep up the great works admins! You make the Ville great!!!

ToRaK

Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres not to much to add to the above postings. The admins here do an outstanding job. If you feel that you have been wronged then deal with it in a respectful manner and privately without spamming the fourms with YOUR PROBLEMS. And if that dosn't work for you, well then good-bye you must have been really bad cause the admins ruling is final and fair or they would not have the position of trust that WE ALL have in them. And that is IMHO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WORD!!!
OBTUSE OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEWMAN ADMINZ UV THUVIL WIL BE SPAIRD. WE HAV YOOS FOR YOO ON KILAAK.

WE AR AFTR YOOR HEWMAN ROBRT EE LEE. . . . .WE HAV SPESHUL YOOS FOR THIS WUN . . . .MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some random admin thoughts.

[soapbox]

We admins take pride in the community that has fostered here among the servers and web site. It's Rob's "baby", per se, though he has asked many of us to help him out. The game servers, the stats, the forums, the web site file downloads, even The 'Ville store, have all contributed to this thing that we all take part in. Many people enjoy the fruits of our labor, and we appreciate the service we provide in making this a fun place on the net to visit.

Sometimes, people push our buttons. Occasionally people give us kudos or thanks for what we do. Everyone criticizes the decisions we make, for better or worse. A few are downright nasty to us. But in the end, it's our site, and we run it as we see fit.

The only thing I hope for everyone is that you get your money's worth.

[/soapbox]

Now back to our special feature: "When spelling teachers are laid off!"
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the positive comments folks. I say "folks" because we have some very nice ladies that like to play on The Ville servers and post in these forums. I agree with everything said in the previous posts. The admins do spend alot of time making The Ville a better place to play TFC and DOD. But we are not the high and mighty that some players choose to claim. We are basicly a service that is offered to The Ville peeps. Please DO let us know of anything that can better your gaming experience.

With that said, also remember that ALL admins perform this service FREE OF CHARGE. We give freely of our time, and resources, to help everyone that asks. Yes, a nice attitude will go a long way in making the admins provide a helping hand. We do not like being bashed, but it does come with the job! Sometimes things happen in the heat of battle that would probably be handled differently without gameplay involved. We are only human, and we will make things right if they need to be changed. (ie: unbanning when warranted) We appreciate everyone's comments, and help, in making The Ville servers the best on the net! Use your head! Some things are better off said in a PM to the Admin in question and some things are easily handled within the forums. If we all work together, this place will remain the best group of servers for all!

Soapbox removed and returned to Frag!

[ This Message was edited by: Buford Pusser on 2002-03-21 22:08 ]
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-21 21:58, Warhammer -TPF- wrote:
Just some random admin thoughts.
The only thing I hope for everyone is that you get your money's worth.

LMAO! hey! i clicked my banner for today!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: