FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Are all scripts considered cheats?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Roof, Canada is pretty back asswards with its gun laws. Not as bat as the UK, but I dont doubt that they will try to take away all firearms within the next 5-10 years.

I believe in the right to bear arms, to protect ones self, family, and property.

I believe that an armed populace may be the only way to reduce the amount of terrorism that may start to happen in the United States and perhaps the rest of the Western world.

I believe that many people in the US are sheep, they feel that the police and the government will protect them from everything, well I have news for you all, just look back to the riots on LA in the early 90's, the police couldnt protect you or your property.

I think I have said enough, is this topic really off topic now or what?

JD

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one way to look at it.
The Goverment is required by law to provide for the National defense. Now I read that to mean foreign invasion and so forth on a national level. (boy have they blown it)

The national guard provides states protection during disasterss and time of national defense.

The local police investigate and arrest known criminals etc on the local level.
Only after a crime has been commited.

This leaves only yourself to defend your "own" exactly when you need it defended. How anyone could or willingly give up this "RIGHT" is beyond me.

The further off topic the further we learn.
LOL Its hard to stop and start a new thread.

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-10-28 10:02 ]
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi!
We're not backwards!

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Greebo, I just dont like the UK's laws where they pretty much have outlawed the ownership of firearms. There are a few shotguns left in the country that are owned by "gentlemen" but private ownership is pretty much gone.

Canada is requireing us to register all our firearms by January 1, 2003 as well as apply for a firearms license to prosess firearms. The only reason for registration is to prepare for confiscation. They say "We need to know if you have guns so that the police can prepare properly if they are called in for a domestic dispute". I say that they dont need to know how many guns I have, they know I have a firearms license so they can assume that I have firearms.

I'm going to stop before I say anything else, there are 3 things that should not be discussed as everyone has strong opinions. They are Politics, Abortions, and Gun control.

JD

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Greebo, your signature is wrong.

I think you are the official song writer, but I guess we need to have a vote on that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we've jumped onto the discussion on private arms, I feel I have to comment. I find most of the laws they make here in the US are both foolish and poorly planned. For example, it is illegal for an 18 year old here to buy a .22 caliber starter pistol because it is a pistol, but we can legally buy a thirty dot six rifle since it is a rifle. Tell me there's logic in that, somehow. At least they could pick an age for ownership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thewz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-10-28 04:39, Kronic wrote:
Avenger I just played a game with you.... you are stupid. Psychologically aswell as physically stupid in the way you work that demo
Dude you're so stupid it scares me.... you never make any sense.... even insulting you doesn't seem to make sense any more after speaking to you. And by the way this is to everyone he stole my line. he uses "Stooge" THAT'S MY WORD GIVE IT BACK or I'll give you and the hole of crystal vaginas {CV} a serious arse wooping.... infact I nsk challenge your dumass squad

Why does kronic wanna kill me and my "dumass" squad all of a sudden...I feel so hurt. Now i'm gonna go in my room and cry into my pillow. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot religion JD
Cannae discuss that either.

As for gun control - after what Thomas Hamilton did to those kids in my town - I can't bring myself to even see why anyone wants to allow private ownership.

That's my take on the matter.

Hehe post a poll in my sig if you want

Kronic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude roof I was just kidding and I think Avenger knows but for future reference everything I write is a joke man when I'm angry I'm never serious. I didn't even overdo it this time
by the way incase you don't know I was kidding avenger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bumper sticker that say it all re Gun controll.
FEAR THE GOVERNMENT THAT FEARS YOUR GUNS!

There are others almost as good but that one is on my car.

My Father fought in the S. Pacific, my Uncles in Korea and My Firends and I fought in Vietnam for our country. It was ok for us to have guns then but not now? That Is utter nonsense.

Just think about this.
If even 2 or 3 people on any of those 4 airliners besides the bad guys had guns on board di you think the bad guys would have been able to pull of what they did. Look what several unarmed men did on one flight.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you *nuts*?????
Advocating the right to own firearms is one thing.
But allowing anyone to take them on a plane????????
You realise hijackings would sky rise don't you?

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont believe anyone but trained people should have firearms on a plane. If a round penetrates the airframe the sudden depressuriation would be a serious problem.

Training and special ammunition will reduce this risk, but the average person wont have this sort of training.

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very concerned about the direction of liberty in the U.S. following Sep 11. People are running scared and are willing to trade in their liberty for "peace of mind". A very dangerous thing.The following is attributed to Thomas Jefferson:

Quote:

Whomever would trade Freedom for Security deserves neither.

I wholeheartedly concur. I believe that disarming the populace is the first step towards oppression.

Sorry Greebo, but I do not know enough about the incident you refer to, to make an intelligent evaluation.

I stink, therefore I SPAM! [doctored Descartes]

[ This Message was edited by: DukeNukem on 2001-10-29 15:47 ]
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think guns on airplanes is the answer.
Not all pilots are rambo types.
Then the hard part of getting guns on the plane is already done.
Heres the important part you must be willing to kill somebody for the gun to be effective.
IF not you've only gottern the gun on board for someone else who may take it away.
It's easy to say you would kill someone but harder to actually do it.
That is why Sky Marshells who are trained (well) should be the only ones with guns on the plane.

I feel that the best thing is a proper door between pilots and passengers. The flimsey thing I've seen on TV news is unsatisfactory.
I 'm not sure what the Israelis have but I bet it's a whole lot better.
Frankly I would not want to fly on a plane without a good door installed. A major advertising point IMHO. (Of course pilots are going to have to be trained to ignore people possibly being killed until they land the plane.)

As has been proved the passengers will have to make possible sacarfices but with the power of many against non-firearmed baddies and with no access to the pilots, hijacking any plane will no longer be a logical or practical terroist action.

Don't confuse this with 2nd amendment rights in the United States they are not on equal footings here, IMHO.

DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

JohnDoe wrote:
I dont believe anyone but trained people should have firearms on a plane. If a round penetrates the airframe the sudden depressuriation would be a serious problem.

I saw an interview with several engineers (may have been Boeing) that indicated that a bullet hole would not allow a sudden depressurization. The pressurization system could easily keep up with quite a few such holes. The real concern seemed to be hitting wiring or hydraulic lines. DOH!! That WOULD be a problem.

An airplane is private property and as such does not fall under the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If you come on my property I have the right to ask you to disarm or leave. In the same way you can disarm or not ride their airplane.

At this point in time I don't think letting passengers carry is a good idea. Especially given the state of fear in the country. I fear that untrained individuals would carry and just exacerbate the problem.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: