FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Desert Crisis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may or may not have read Bada's post recomending the mod Desert Crisis. It's awesome and everyone should, at the very least, check it out (www.desertcrisis.com). The problem with it is there are a serious lack of servers for this mod. So I was suggesting/wondering if the Ville had any plans to add this mod to one of the servers.
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! I'll download it and see how it is. I wonder if theres any engineers and EMP's. :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: Sneaky_Lil_Mikey on 2002-03-18 18:07 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AFI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Mikey you won't regret it...this is a little info about the mod taken from the website:

Desert Crisis is a mod set in the near future, so there is a mix of modern weaponry (such as Desert Eagles and MP5's) and futuristic weapons (such as laser sniper rifles and plasma cannons). Desert Crisis features a modular objective system which gives the mappers _TOTAL_ freedom. They can link objectives as well, so you could, for example, shoot the VIP and take his briefcase. It is totally up to the mapper, they can even specify if they want rounds or not. The objective system also works with Half-Life's trigger system, so events can be triggered by the objectives. For example, you could capture the flag, and buildings could explode, it is totally up to the mapper.

The mod also features a character selection system similar to old-school paper RPGs. You choose your body-type, weapons, and perks (such as extra adrenaline, nightvision and so on). This way, your character is a reflection of your playing style. Also, not only can you customize how your character is equipped, but how he LOOKS as well. DC features a unique character customization system wherein you can pick skin color, accessories (hats, hair, glasses, etc.). There are literraly THOUSANDS of possible combinations. This mod will be one of the first games where u can recognize someone by how they look, not just the name at the bottom of the screen.

Desert Crisis is a pulse-pounding over-the-top war simulation. The focus is on having a great time, and using some of the coolest weapons to do it. We are not striving to be realistic, as we believe this simply limits what we can do with the modification.

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they have a map like rock2 and nuclear?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AFI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have some pretty nice maps...they even have one that looks similar to Avanti. You could always check out the maps in the "Maps" section of the website, or play all of them in a LAN game once you have the game.

PS: Sorry to everyone who thinks I am coming across as advertising this mod LOL. I just really like it that much.
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good I like what i'm hearing about this new mod. I finished downloading and i'm going to see how good this is.

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried to play Desert Crises I've gotten this error message saying my dll, and maps differs from the server. Maybe I should use my Roxio GoBack to revert my hard drive before I installed that on my PC.
AFI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to download the new 1.1 patch in addition to the full version. Theyre both on the website.

[ This Message was edited by: AFI on 2002-03-18 19:34 ]
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I downloaded the FULL version.
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool... I will d/l it for sure but i wonder how well it will run on my comp...and how long to d/l it... how big is the installer?

Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFI THAT GAME IS FRICKEN HOT. I WISH THERE WAS MORE SERVERS. I WAS ON THIS MAP THAT LOOK JUST LIKE AVANTI.
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have the same questions as Linktodeath...i want to know if my comp can handle it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reliable download site on the net? Every one I try to d/l from says it will take at least 2 hours to download it!
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You connection or Computer is slow if you are on a dsl you should download it in about 25 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes on a DSL cuz my sis was downloading something huge right then.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me 10 min to download it on a cable connection even on my home network.

[ This Message was edited by: Sneaky_Lil_Mikey on 2002-03-18 22:01 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: