FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beware, Virus Alert!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I ran a virus scan last night, and was greeted with about 40 infected files on my computer. It seems I was infected by the W32.KLEZ.E@MM virus. Beware, this virus was just updated to a level 3 virus due to its ease of distribution.

Go here for more info
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

It is a pain in the ass because it overwrites exe files, I know it killed about 30 of my soundcard's files, which is fun. Its also gonna a pain in my @ss to repair, because I have to maually remove from my registry.

Just givin everybody a heads up!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stuff uses an "exploit" as they say that has had a fix, for almost a year I believe. If you are going to run MS products you really need to stay current with the updates. There is also a fix that was just released in February that should close the latest exploit that could be triggered by certain web page content. It's MS, they will find exploits and they will supply fixes eventually. You need to stay on top of it.

[ This Message was edited by: CyCoDad on 2002-03-20 10:54 ]
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got by accidentally downloading the attachment. It was from a guy I work with, so I thought it was a joke or something.

I went to the MS website, and apparently they fixed the exploit in IE6, which I have, so I have no worries there

Thanks Dad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: