FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD could be much better

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOD has some cool aspects like killen eachother and the cool maps and guns. But damn the physics of the game are messed up. Yeah the gun would kick but it would take less movement to bring it back to the original point of fire. This bull with having to bring the mouse down every time you shot is crap. Personaly I think DOD is a horrid game not due to the graphics but simply... the game play. Return to castle wolfenstein is a much better game on all aspects.

Rata-tat-tat on yo hat. Eat it up fast or you will get the bat.
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I mean you jump twice and you have to stand there for 10 seconds to get your energy back.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't stand, squat and it comes right back. It is different and no one really owns on it. It has other things that make it good for me. Like all the windows that are potential sniiper spots. It has its faults but overall I like the game.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
The best WWII game I've ever played. Give it a shot. You can download the demo online from several places, and even play a demo multiplayer online.
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've played that. It's got the graphics and coolness of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but it has true DeathMatch on it, otherwise Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the better for a team oriented game and has more multiplayer weapons.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the game, but like you have some real problems with the physics etc. I know a MG is tuff to shoot standing up but from 3 feet away I should win over a rifle if I get the drop on them plus I'm getting killed way to often by single shots from a spring rifle or nades going off outside the building or on the other side of the sandbags. Plus I can hold a sniper rifle steadier with my feet then this game allows when you are standing. And the deploy and reload time is a bit slow considering the adrenaline that would be pumping . Plus how lame when someone lays in your path and you can't jump over them. I got boxed in between 2 newbs today and couldn't move for almost a minute.

But a lot of concepts are good like dashing, prone shooting and the group respawn. There is also a certain level of realism too it. Sure it isn't perfect but what is ?
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sure it isn't perfect but what is ?

Very simple answer.........ME
[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTCW is a hold your hand game. Its forced team play. Thats ridiculous. And how can u play a game that is FREE. Then tell everyone it sucks. If you dont like it just dont play it. Games that cost money seem a but better in quality anyway. For the price, this game is awesome.

[ This Message was edited by: Dog on 2002-03-13 08:58 ]
El Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles
[B

[/B]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only complaint about DoD is the stupid damage modeling when proned. The other day i was standing above a proned sniper. I fired an entire clip into the guys head and they went through his head and hit the floor. I reloaded and fired another clip into his torso and it went straight through him and made the little dust clouds. Finally i shot at the very lower back and killed him, but it shouldn't have taken 3 clips to do it. Hopefully they fix this in the next version.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: