FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A -VS special night on TV servers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spank me if I'm stupid, but would it be interesting that maybe once a month there is a special 2-3 hours where only TV regulars including [TVB] and affiliated brotherhoods, clans, regular players etc, would play on one of TV server, kind of a pickup game?

The trick would be to place a server password here on the site for that night.
Just a thought...

PJ

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even TVB nights are few and far between. Because these are all public servers, we can't really take over a server for the entire night. It's usually only for an hour or so. Munkey's server is open to the public as long as they know the password. You usually only see reg's on the Grudge Server though so maybe you could talk to him about setting something up.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thats funny you mentioned that. I was discussing almost the same thing with Whyb and Deathbringer about the Grudge server used once and a while as a challenge server for matches. Since there is no TheVille Cup or at least not one in the plans. There isnt very many large clans here but even lets say two smaller ones could challenge one larger one. Kinda be fun I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I do agree that would be alot of fun to do. The hardest part about things like that though is getting them organized and getting everyone there. I think it would be alot of fun to scrimagge some of the other clans on this server, even if it's just for bragging rights

Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya true, but when its just two clans or three clans involved it is much easier. I dont think that the TVB ppl need to get involved with the schecualing so it wont overload them at all. Once things would be ironed out then get approval for it from Rob or whomever if the day/time would work for him. Anyhow, it was just a thought.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 on 10 {db+ok and [njk] vs some <TVB> would be kinda fun for some friday night.
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-11 14:06, Silent Snaggle wrote:
10 on 10 {db+ok and [njk] vs some <TVB> would be kinda fun for some friday night.

yes, yes it would.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that motion. I know njk is having a nice little scrim with PWG on wednesday. I thinka co-op effort vs TVB would be sweet.

db&ok'ers should get a hold of DeathbyDishonor or Maximus.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot woot! I'm down for friday night, sounds like it would be awesome. And I agree it wouldn't be that hard to get enough people from db+ok or njk to show up on a Friday... and I wouldn't guess it would be any problem to fill up a tvb roster.

SweetSensi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[BR] would like to scrim with you guys too. Lets try to work something out. We have a server too if that helps.
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes a newbie to the Ville question...

What was The Ville Cup?
Why was it ended?

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ville cup was set up for teams of Ville Regulars to compete for the fictional Ville Cup. There were about 10 teams made up and they played elimination till the best team was left.
It was a lot of work for the admins who ran it. With everyones busy schedules it has been postponed with no new or expected start date.

What Map (s) were you guys thinking of? I would like to participate. If Munkey is busy maybe he would let me password the Grudge server this weekend and you guys can pick 2 10 man teams and play. Does the Grudge handle 20 players. I will go check the maps available on that one.
[BR]maximus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great guys.....NJK is always interested in a good scrimmage...... We have enough NJK for a 10 on 10....not sure about db+ok...if they need some guys that would be cool too. We have our own private server that pings really well, so lets put something together guys. Any ?'s email me at njkmaximus@yahoo.com

Thanx
Maximus
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh thanks alot ROOF.

If we wanted to use something other than cutom maps I think warpath would be fun, probably my favorite map when you have a good team to help ya out.

but who cares what I think....:rolls:

Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm up for any map as long as its not well. I freakin hate that map and so does Deathbringer. Avanti and warpath would be my 2 favorite choices. For matches though I'd prob pick avanti since its more upbeat and doesnt stall quite as easily. 2fort is good cause you can attact at the same time for flag caps.

Oh and we dont quite have 10 ppl so would need maybe 2 ppl to fill some voids.

[ This Message was edited by: blown65 on 2002-03-11 18:54 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: