FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What Do You Use

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To launch TFC or other games? I use GameSpy and for the most part I like it. What do you all use. If its something different does it show who is in the game, how many ppl are playing etc etc. If anyone uses gamespy and wants to add me to thier playerspy my id is blown65. Original huh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the TFC launcher. I have all the servers in my favorites.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten in the habbit of using the "Current Players" link on the web site. Like to see whos playing, along with map selection. If the server is full then I will just refresh and hop in when someone leaves.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I just launch straight from here also, I look for a couple of buddies of mine to see if they are playing and if there are any slot available on TV5 since that's really the only place that I play anymore.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just do it from in halflife. besides, GS arcade freezes my comp.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the hl console. My computer hates HL, and freezes or doesn't give me sound (even after resuming) most other ways.
cstone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The All Seeing Eye. http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Best server browser ever. It recognizes tons of multiplayer game servers, and you can add your favorites to special folders so you don't have to search for them. You can have different folders for different games (tfc, dod, rtcw, etc). You can add people to your buddy list, so you can tell where your friends are playing. You can also set it to automaticly set a server password (Grudge server!) or your rcon password so you don't have to activate them every time you join that server. Oh and if you have the rcon password for a server, you can access rcon through ASE as well (without even opening HL).

Highly, highly recommended.

I'm not sure if it is a limited time demo, but it is easily worth the $20 registration fee if you like to play any online games. Registration also gives you an unlimited buddy list (shareware is only 4 buddies)

Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool cstone. I'll have to check that out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the TFC dealie on my desktop. The x-plug thing on the site never worked for me, and I have never tried gamespy. Its just no big deal to hit "update" and look for the ville.

ps-my favorites never get saved, anyone know where they are stored? Like in the TFC directory or elsewhere?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AFI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use the all seeing eye...very good program, i only have the unregistered version though ... and it says on the website you need to delete the program in like 2 weeks or buy the upgrade, but Ive had it for like 2 months now and it hasnt given me any problems about registering or anything.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: