FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HWGs Who Needs Em ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone does obviously. If you ever stop to think about out without hwgs you know the guys everyone complains about. The down right truth is they are a must to have in a game. Without a good set of hwgs the game slows to a halt as engies dig in around corners. Without snipers hitten sgs who can go in and take out alot of the defence so the rest of the team can move in ? Hwgs are the ice breakers of the game. They step in to give the team a little push into the right direction. The walk in and break that ever so regular stalemate in avanti. With those 4 sgs and 4 mgs sitten high and proud near cap point 3. So next time anyone thinks dang these hwgs just think about the hwgs on your team that saved your butt back there with all those sgs and spies etc. They are your cover fire for vitory. There should be a week long celebration to all those hwgs that risk there life for those who come behind them. All of those hwgs that take the buck shot to the buttocks while the team runs. So next time a hwg kills you think of how your hwg saved you and it should ease your mind. Insted of insalting and provoking others

P.S. this is in no form a complaint about the treatment of myself. Just a way to open the eyes of people.

Rata-tat-tat on yo hat. Eat it up fast or you will get the bat.
thewz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the truth with all classes?
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 things to say
TEAM FORTRESS

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-05 19:08, Bada Bing wrote:
I have 2 things to say
TEAM FORTRESS

I have one thing to say
AMEN

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 things to say HW guys are funny cause they are called HW GUYS! HAHAH GUYS ARE FUNNY HAHAHA
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rata, I'd just like to say that I've shot you many times, and I've never intentionally aimed at your buttocks.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HW's, Solly, Spies, and Snipers make or break a push. If your two hw's are hiding in respawn it's almost impossible to cap points 3 and 4. Solly's and Spies are incrediable at taking guns down. Snipers, they can destroy a push, or they can snipe out the other snipe and your team can quickly roll up and cap the next points.

ToRaK

EagleEyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HW's are a MUST on your team. Just not on the opposing team.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, 4 SGs and 4 MGs? No one could ever get anywhere near 3 if you actually had that.

Only a mad 8-man demo rush with MIRVs primed would stand a chance of breaking that!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:grin:rools: at the thought of the spamathon that would become.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would totally benefit a team to have a skilled HW. HW's can smoke any class at a given distance. HW's can push the enemies back and I do agree that they are, indeed, heavy weaponry. They kill almost anything quickly and persistently: SG's, MG's, and so forth. Not only can they own with their AC, but they can also use MIRV's and Nades which classifies them a very deadly class to use. Why do you think a lot of people complain about them?!? They are like walking giants with powerful weaponry, armor, and health. But to be honest I think HW's are like bait to spies. Once they start mowing down people in front of them a spy can easily sneak up behind and stab, stab, stab them into meaty morsels!!! Well anyway, I got to stop here before I ramble even longer. Frag on!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Trigger Happy on 2002-03-05 22:47 ]
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the people who cry the worst about HW's are the ones wont adapt to the problem...they keep coming up and getting busted instead of switching to another class or using different tactics...in my opinion part of skill is if something isnt working, try something different to achieve the overall goal...if a HW is making it damn hard, that should add to the game...if its to easy it will get boring...

I played a game of avanti tonight that ended with the team scores 208 to 200...the team with 200 had about 40 seconds to cap point 2 for the win and it was a nasty 40 seconds because everyone knew the game was on the line...the whole game wasnt easy for either team...I enjoyed this game more than the massive blowouts I have played in...challenging games keep people coming back and a good HW can be a big challenge...
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mother was a hamster and your father stunk of elderberries. I fart in your general direction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<---Wipes tear from his goggled covered eyes.

You Love me...you really love me...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time for me to dust off my old Auto Cannon and clean the dried blood off my goggles. Prepare for the return of "The other <TVB> HW guy". You will die.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: