FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MORE WORNOUT SOAPBOX: A challenge to all of YOU
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know some things are a blessing in disguise.

You know guys and gals, Bakuryu is right. The Ville isn't the same. It is a notch behind where it was it's prime when we had just Avantiville 1 and 2. I feel at times there is a less sense of community here then there was six months ago. I've talked to some old school players and they have echoed this statement. Why is this? Well a part of it is some old players have in fact moved on. A part of it is they didn't like the direction things were going. PWG and BR do their own thing now. So there is a void that needs to be filled.

I AM CHALLENGING EVERY ONE OF YOU TO MAKE THE VILLE GREATER THAN EVER!

Damnit, I am tired of hearing that first paragraph...aren't you? We have to be better as a community. Even though this is a game we have made some good online friends. I look a my Trillian and see 150 contacts there. About 140 of those are due to The Ville and PWG. I give a shit about our servers, so should you. Where else you going to get servers who don't allow respawn camping, flag holding, bullshit, and other crap that you deal with on other servers?

So who am I challenging? I am challenging a few members of TVB to "fix" a situation and make it right. I am challenging another clan to step it up and become big besides TVB. I am challenging a member of that clan to use the leadership skills he does have to make it happen. I am challenging the regulars to play here with pride and remember why we choose The Ville every single god damn time we come on TFC. I am challenging some of the long time players who go unnoticed to be noticed. Guys like Spiff, Sgt Stutter, Brian Graves, Death Before Dishonor, Ghanja, and EagleEyes. TVB guys like Twisted, Blue Ruler, Hamese, Jin, Sully, Monk, and The Titan (see if you noticed this one GREENBO.)

These are just some of the many names who have been here forever and make up all our servers. Everyone can do their and will. Make the servers great. Finger Demon came up with a great idea of fun at his expense. Let's hear more of those.

The newer guys can help out too. Don't feel it's necessary to defer to a veteran just because of BS seniority. A good idea is a good idea no matter how long you've been here. Goldom, Slick, OmegaSIN, and Hoax all are newer players and all put in their part. Same goes for all the NJK guys.

Also some newer players may get off on the wrong foot. Some newer players may just be misunderstood, some really are asses. So I am challenging Darkw0r to see what type of player he really is. Are you cool or are you a backtalking ass? YOU DECIDE! You want to be a part of The Ville? Show us.

All of us admins of TVB guys can't do it ourselves. Let's see everyone do it and put our rep back where it belongs. Just because you aren't mentioned doesn't mean you don't contribute. Start doing it tonight!

<TVB>FragFailure - Founder
<PWG>FragFailure
ADMIN - FragFailure

at the Ville since 1/01

PS: If anyone has an ideas or suggestions, post here or IM me
PPS: I think my soapbox broke at the end there.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[njk]Nopeace4u-DBD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preach it revern.....lol
Bravehart "Freeeeedoooommmm"

Lets go guys lets get "The Ville" back to %100 strong, even stronger, I will put every effort I can to keep "The Ville" the best place to play and meet friends FOREVER.

I'd like to give a shout out to Fragfailure,Greenbo,cstone,cycodad,spanish warpig,omega initiative and so many others to post.

Goldom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cheers*

well i got an acknowledge ment instead of criticism, AND your box broke! 2 in 1!

btw frag I've been here for about like 2 years so i'm not really new... its just i didnt play tfc between 1.5 years ago and .5 years ago..
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try to do my part as much as possible. i thought the whole TVB-H thing was gonna be great, add a little spice to the game, but it turned out to be a failure. seems to be the case with most of my ideas.. *cough* tower *cough* but hey, i'm trying. those of you who only play TV1 know how tedious it can be.. i get SO bored sometimes, but i dont want to leave bc these are the ppl im used to, the ppl i like to frag with the most. where am i going with this post? well, i dont really know.. i just hope NJK can take the spot Frag is talking about. we have some really good members, and i hope we continue to grow. k, i'm done rambling now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Bak is wrong. There are groups of regulars on all the servers. I see them all the time as I make the rounds. In the old days only a few could play. now a whole bunch can play. So the key word here is play. Come one and all.
When in doubt join a bout.

See you in game play ball

ROOFCUTTER
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**stands up and waves to be noticed**

I will agree with you. I come on the servers and play for a little bit in the evenings. I am generally on TV1 because that is where fellow TVB'ers are, and NEO is not.

During the day, if you see a guy named Compaq running around, that is me. I play on TV4 and 5 during the day on a different machine.

I am "boycotting" TV1 for a while. All this means is that I am going to try to play more on 3 and 4. I was on three tonight for bit with bada, and (imo) with neo it was just a little too laggy for me. But I have played on four and five w/o problems.

I will put my thinking cap on and try to help the Ville out. If I can help in the interm let me know Frag.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TVB-H thing was a good thought, but ppl just applied it wrongly, thats all. I really dont think you should feel at fault for it Whyb.

If there is anything that I could do and I think I speak for Deathbringer also we would do it in a second for TheVille. I know we are fairly new here compared to some of the others that have been around for a very long time but I feel like I've found a home here. I love the servers, the clans, the brotherhood and would hate to see anything happen to it in anyway negitively. We all make mistakes from time to time and I guess if you have you need to step up to the plate and correct them.

Since I do play on most all the servers I see alot of regular players that will only play on lets say 5, or some only on 1. Maybe thats part of it, I really dont know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready chief! This is like my second home, so I definately want it to do well.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it Frag, I'll do my best why, cause we rule here. Spread the word the ville is as Sully said HOME, well away from the other place!

Everyone take note stop the bullshit and lets frag on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of this challenge, I've issued one in the TVB forums. I'm going to go "Back to Basics" and I'll be carrying my old tag for the next couple of weeks, or maybe longer. I've come to realize, I'm not the player I was a few months ago. So, I'll be playing as Snaggletooth[UW] like in the old days, to get my fighting spirit back, and to prove to you folks, I can still slay with the best of them.
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frag,

Take it easy old friend. The Ville is doing just fine. The new admins are very active and doing great things to further The Ville's name.

With that said, I myself have been inactive for some time now...burnt out?...maybe! Everyday living?...YES! With two daughters (8 & 5) it gets hectic at some times during the year. Gymnastics meets, dance, softball yada yada yada....! Oh, and yes work! But I will be back in time. Had a very fun night on TVI tonight! My first in a long time. Had to kick/ban someone as a matter of fact, and it felt good!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get after you at all. Just relaying the things that are more important than The Ville!

I do agree with you though, that things are different on The Ville. Gone are the days of knowing everyone on the servers. The Ville is just too big for that now. Maybe we should create a "small community" server like the old Avantiville, for those who miss the old days? Who knows? I just know that The Ville is still alot of FUN, and thats all it should be.

Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone can do his or her part on the ville to make it a better place to play in. As long as people treat each other equally and respectfully then the atmosphere will be even better. People shouldn't judge for skill, people should judge for integrity, personality and good sportsmanship. Community is the essential ingredient!!! People like blown/others display his integrity to why he keeps coming back to the ville. We need more people like blown and others to "step up to the plate" and show how much of the ville is like a home to them. I'm starting to see more and more people establishing friendship!!! I mean, not only do I know that blown is a great player, but I also know what he's really like as an individual. I know he has a raw looking Mustang, and that he lives in South Oregon. And I know that some of you are married, have kids, go to high school or attend a university. Things like that are factors to why I keep coming back. Getting to know all of you for what your like behind the skills your display is priceless. Even simply saying hello/goodbye/goodnight can create its effect. The ville is like a whole different cyber world!!! Its a place where people not only play TFC, but a place where you can get a friend out of it!!! I'm glad to have found a place like theville and I hope to get to know all of you. My shot out goes too...

Swift: Of course my big sis!!!
Kinomoto Sakura: played with her even since I started playing TFC
Newbeeee Snipa: long time friend, great sniper
Omega Iniative: known him for a long time and known him for a while
Roof: He's always been so nice to me =)
Mulisha: He, too, is a good person and sociable.
Blown/Bringer: Two good players and darn good people to get to know.
Snaggle: great medic and a good, honest friend
Bada Bing: known him for a long time, too, and will make a great admin...
Rata: played against him before and displayed good sportsmanship
CyCoMom/CyCoDad: both are darn good players and I admire thier loyalty. In addition CyCoMom cracks me up, LOL.
Munkey: from what I've seen he's been the only none TVB member who's been very active as an admin.

So many people to lists and that's why I keep coming back. Every week I make more/meet new people and hope to continue that...Frag on!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Trigger Happy on 2002-03-06 01:57 ]
SpeCies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well FF you have said in these two posts exactly what has been bothering me lately.
I isn't 100% of why I have not been on here playing but a factor. I've been playing
TF since 1996 when TF was in Beta form and there was not any community atmosphere as it
is today. I got my ass kicked by TF's first clans like Clan Eyrines,Ministry of Pain, Clan Postal,Clan Null,Brave Hart,The Taken and many more...

I remember my first clan, Clan Doomsday started by a guy named Spaceman Spif(not sure if its the one you mentioned FF)Doomsday was the best as far as Team work and having fun went in my opinion.

Spiff,The Hal,Diehard,Flamefang,Doc, The Student,Tinweasel,Blackbird,Crasz and many more. As TF grew so did it's community and the involvement of leagues.I remember we used to get together every tuesday night for practice for an upcoming match in either DW Dragon War or IGL Iron Glove League. We wouldhold a scrimmage with our brothers back then known as Children of Chaos (COC) ran by Plaguebearer or another popular clan back then called Disciples of Syrinex (DOS) We used to get our asses kicked just as much as we whooped ass. Either way we were a team and it was fun. Doomsday did it's part in building this community in my opinion.

Spaceman Spiff created a site devoted to TF called TF Newswire which all of us in CD helped out with as far as news contributions and support.The rest was due to all the work that Sman Spiff and another friend of mine did named The Hal. Two great guys devoted to the same inspiration that thrived through my veins back in that time. I miss those days.
The Newswire that I watched and helped grow turned into what is known today as Planetfortress.com and is still operating today. Change things for the better folks.
Don't let the outsiders ruin what the Ville stands for.

MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An example of how things can sometimes be taken out of context in a forum:

Quote:

Gymnastics meets, dance, softball yada yada yada....! Oh, and yes work!

Bufford sounds like an all-rounder!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks Trigger glad to be thought of that way.

Had a thought and not sure how it would work but I know it would bring alot of the regulars closer together and thats a good thing right.

What if we took the grudge server and part of the week make it like it is the grudge server and the other part make it avanti or avanti/warpath or some sort of mix. Keep the password in place so it would really just be the regulars that would be on it. Maybe just do a regular map on the weekends or something like that. Not sure if that would even work for you munkey but I think something like this would accomplish alot. I guess it would stress the admin roles somewhat cause if they started playing on tv4grudge they wouldnt be around on the other servers to admin so I guess that would be a possible problem. Man its way to late to be thinking. Darn you frag, you have me up at 12:45am and I gotta be at work at 7 am heh. anyhow just a ramble on my part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: