FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Presidents Bush's speech
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-09-21 21:11 ]
Axis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best political speech that I've actualy been alive to hear. He said all the right things. He showed just the right ammount of passion too. How could he not?

It was nice to have Tony Blair on hand as well. We need our allies now more than ever.

I can't remember a time where the nation has been so close. Even durring the Gulf War it wasn't like this. It's sad that it takes events like this past week to pull a nation togher like this.

Axis

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-09-21 21:10 ]
Axa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was moved by the speech, and by the overwhelming sense of pride and patriotism displayed - seems George W is really developing as a leader, and hopefully will be remembered as great a wartime (if it comes to that) leader as Churchill.
I have been in USA for only 7 months, but am proud to say I feel it is my home.

http://www.melenie.com
The Axacam® - Now more popular than pr0n
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't I chastised for mentioning this on the "Kill Bin Laden" thread?

Maian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont believe what I hearing!!! So many republicans! How could you even think this guy deserves the presidency? He won because of a "loop hole". And not to mention that this guy is a total idiot!!! Didn't you see him on his first speech the day of the bombings? When he went on T.V., he just sat there for like 30 seconds, not doing anything. He looked really stupid. Plus, hes always stupid, if it werent for "daddy" he wouldnt be prez. I'm just appaled at how you guys can support him. I may be 15, but I know that this guy is going to drive the country into the ground, like most republicans do. Luckily, next election, I will be 18, and old enough to vote, and you'd better believe it will be for Al Gore, or whatever democrat is running!!!

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-09-21 21:10 ]
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF! Listen all, this is annoying to no end. Perhaps its time to have Robert create a topicd that deals with politics and politics only. I am tired of coming in a seeing people spouting off about politics or religion. If I wanted that shit I would get involved with those sorts of idiots.

IMHO the general rambling thread should exclude politics and religion. That way we dont get into all these debates that just waste storage on this server.

But on one note, Maian, he is your President, he legally won, and after several other organizations did recounts they confirmed he won on votes (If you want I will find the information on the Net for you). Your country is in a time of crisis and you should support your leader, not be whining that he cannot handle the job. Do you think Clinton would take time out from his boinking the interns to even give a love what was going on? No, I doubt it.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll stop no more from ROOFCUTTER
PLAY BALL
cstone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The only thing we have to fear... is fear itself." --President Roosevelt, 1933, on the Great Depression.

"Ask not what your country can do for you: Ask what you can do for your country." --President Kennedy, 1961, during his inaugural address.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." --British Prime Minister Chruchill, 1940, on the battle of Britain.

Bush's speech was good. But certainly he cannot be ranked above the speakers listed above. Just listen to a recording of them and you will see what I mean.

That said, whatever Bush's shortcomings he has employed many capable people to fill postions of support around him, and our country is in fairly good hands.

Sorry JD, I always enjoy a good debate or intelligent conversation. I apologize if this stuff is out of line. Maybe we do need a Controversal-Political-Religion board.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE THIS WILL BE MY ONLY POLITICAL POST HERE
-First off I voted for Bush
-Second You've pissed me off Maian

If there is something that annoys me to no end is liberals still trying to take potshots at Bush. Maian's post is what's all wrong here. In this time of crisis WE DO NOT NEED THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I don't give a piss if a Republican or Democrat would be in charge in this time of crisis, I unite because the country's welfare trancends our politics right now! To politcize this is bullshit. I supported Clinton on the attacks in Afghanistan and Sudan in 99.

1 - Bush is not an idiot. He keeps proving himself everytime. All I ever hear is Bush is an idiot and Laura Bush is ugly. I'm sick of it. Those are some of the worst ribs ever. You are nitpicking and looking to do anything to politicize this. As a conservative I didn't start the immature tirades on Clinton about his sex0r life.

2 - Maian is a hypocrite. When he was on the ville touting Gore he said I "abused" power by saying "Gore Sucks." When I asked him when if it was ok if I said "Bush Sucks?" He said "Of course!" YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS LIKE SOME LIBERALS WANT! IT GOES BOTH WAYS.

3 - Liberals expect everyone to be sympathetic for their cause, but have no interest of returning any favors. These people act like jerks if you "dare" oppose anything they think. They have called me an idiot in college because I was Repulican. I spent 3 years at a liberal arts college and never heard more crap in my life.

You know when everyone stops being liberals? When they settle down, get married, and have children. Then priorities change and your paycheck becomes more important rather than a "cause." Instead of marching on Washington you have to go to work and pay for your mortgage, bills, utilities, childcare bills (two workers now a days), and $2.00+ a gallon for gas. Suddenly you see all the taxes you pay and realize that you shouldn't be paying that much. Then views will change.

I guarantee that people who have lost loved ones in NY and DC don't give a shit about liberal/conservative ideology. They care that Bush was there. They care that Bush wants justice by necessary means. They aren't concerned about the pettiness of calling Bush an idiot, which I don't think he is. You liberals are doing anything to nitpick to make this political. He is your president. LIVE WITH IT!

Now, I do not want to see anymore political crap on here (this forum) in the future. If this continues you will deal with bulldog who has turned all his friends into Republicans. I don't want to be like this. I come here for fun not political discussions. Let the political bullshit go and let's unite as a country for one bleeping time in our life.

We did in '41 (attacked by Japan)
We did NOT in '68-70 (political war)
We did in '91 (Genocidal Dictatorship)
Now on '01 (attacked by terroists who want America destroyed. That is want Bin Laden wants.)

-{TVB}FragFailure
-Founder of {TVB}
-Admin on TheVille.org
-and just a plain overrated bum

Have fun 'yall and see 'yall on The Ville!

[ This Message was edited by: FragFailure on 2001-09-21 22:55 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't the message borad admins lock and end a topic? and delete others that spawn?

In Sociology my instructor said 2 things never to discuss in class, or most anywhere for that matter when speaking like this in a large discussion group. They are, I bet you can guess them, 1.Religion and 2. Politics
Everyone has a side, and everyone has an opinion. Everyone's opinion is not always the popular opinion and will offend someone. This causes a cascade of back and forth argument that isn't productive and leads no where....so instead of worrying about all that, worry about who's going to cover your ass while you run the flag for your team.

Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Do you think Clinton would take time out from his boinking the interns to even give a love what was going on? No, I doubt it.

LMAO!! He said boinking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Robert! I'm glad as the mayor/owner you have the ability to keep some humor in this. For anyone who wants to know. Frag/Chris had a good time on Frag's b-day and had to spell check this twice! Muhahhaha INCOMING HANGOVER!!! This will be very painful in 4-8 hours.

-{TVB}FragFailure
-Founder of {TVB}
-Admin on TheVille.org
-and just a plain overrated bum

Have fun 'yall and see 'yall on The Ville!

[ This Message was edited by: FragFailure on 2001-09-22 04:18 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, actually I do think Clinton would be very active at this time. WTF, do you not remember anything about the past 8 years???

I'm sorry Frag, I know we greatly differ in political opinions. Weve had this conversation before. And no, im not a hypocrite, when you asked if it was ok to bash Bush, and not Gore, I was kidding. Admin powers should not be used for opinions like that. Frag, you put that big message that everyone sees saying "Al Gore Sux". Dont tell me thats ok. And all of you republicans are hypocrites. Do you thnk that conservatives even believe in playing this game in the first place??? Do you think that Bush or Cheyney would play TF??? Do you think that any conservative who actually believes in what they stand for whould play a game like TF??? NO!!!!, they wouldnt!!!! So dont tell me im a hypocrtie, if anything you republicans are. And yes, I, and everyone have to unite in this time of crisis, but I really hate Bush. You can vote for him if you want, but think about what you're doing. Now Frag, please dont let this debate interfere with our gameplay, I greatly enjoy being friends, and playing with you.

Sick Cycle Carousel
Lifehouse
No Name Face
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: