FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Registration

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two friend that just started playing here at the Ville and one of them was really interested in being able to get on to our message board. However he can't because he doesn't have an e-mail address other than his hotmail adress

I was wondering, if he has DSL, does the company that provides the service also supply an e-mail adrress, I have cable and I don't remember ever getting an e-mail adrress. For this reason also I can't modigy my profile.

Does anyone know when the ban of free e-mail will end? Or if DSL providers also provide and e-mail accout (assuming that this wouldnt' be considered free either)? I would just get a real e-mail account, but me and him are both broke college students so.....
help

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about using your University email account?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most DSL providers give you an email account when you signed up. You may have just ignored the setup they gave you. Call them up and ask.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DSL service does provide email accounts (they are not actually free as I pay for the DSL service and they are part of the package). Most cable modem ISPs also would include an email account. (In both cases this is the account that the ISPs want to spam advertising too, just like MSN for hotmail.)

Also the suggestion about your college student email. The email I use the most is provided by the college where I teach.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: