FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mirror Damage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see reasons for having mirror damage but is there anyway to have it less powerful or maybe strip a persons armor instead? Reason for asking is if you shoot at a person you think is the enemy disquised as a spy and as a light class you will have an instant death, or ppl standing in your pipebombs, grenades, etc etc. You set a detpack is almost a guarentee suicide. Maybe I dont understand the reason completely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror Damage is either on or off as I understand it. Its better than having FF on and it also prevents llamas doing FF kills of their entire team.

JD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, I believe I've been on a server that had mirror damage but dropped you armor instead which would make you an easy kill but wouldnt instantly kill you. I agree FF would never and should never be used, unless you want a LLAMA night..heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I thought that I've seen servers that stripped armor or had reduced dmg, but I've also been and idiot before. I seriously die more from mirror than anyone else, seriously, especially since I play demo alot, it frankly has turned me off from using detpacks. but I agree FF would only be worse and create llama land.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, there are different settings for mirror damage. I guess I never thought more about it and I've since grown used to dying by my own hand. But it's definitely made me a more accurate player!

Hey what do I know, I just work here...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... can this be considered to be changed or should i just shut my hole?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-27 19:14, mymyMunkeyEye wrote:
yeah, there are different settings for mirror damage. I guess I never thought more about it and I've since grown used to dying by my own hand. But it's definitely made me a more accurate player!

Hey what do I know, I just work here...

And I totally agree with you on the part of making you a better player. It has made me able to pick out spys so much better, but then again its still annoying.

Like computer said, is this a dead subject and let it fall to the bottom. heh
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moving this to the top, hopefully to get some response

EagleEyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the cheapest way to die is when:

You try to help out a Sniper/Engi/Scout by throwing a nade to kill the person chasing them. They decide not to run but to fight him and step on my grenade, bringing me down to about 30 health, when an enemy comes around the corner and kills me with one shot.

I think that if people paid attention more to Mirror Damage it would be a lot better.
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You set a detpack is almost a guarentee suicide.

LMAO!! i love this, when i see a teamate set a detpack, i hang around until i hear the whine, then i run over and stand on top of it.... ROFL!!!!! jk..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something you'd do, Whybkuul!

-Omega SiN
Deathbringer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the damage meter should be set to something that allows a sniper lets say to be at a fully charged shot...hit a scout and only be 1/2 dead...instead of completley dead.
Not sure but something would be great.

OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The armour stripping thing is the best.

-Omega SiN
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, Rob basically sets the specs for the TV servers to run on. This gives the servers some form of uniformity. If anyone, it'll be him that will decide on whether mirror damage will remain or not.

...and btw, if he doesn't respond to this post, chances are that it'll remain!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....we're all waiting on him to respond?

This will take a while!!

-Omega SiN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: