FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help getting the voice option working

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I've done a clean install to 1.08 and have a Head set configured using HL
Voice Wizard and everything seems to be in order, using my Caps Lock key bound for Voice.
I see people with Speakers next to their name but not mine. I also cannot hear anything but the games explosions and such.

Can somebody tellme what I need to do to get this communication thing to work. TFC did such a find job explaining this option in their *Readme*... Pffft! Thanks 8]

erba_knoff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont use it. Its bad sound and i hate headsets.
but the command is: bind "x"+voicerecord

Mr. Magoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my understanding, you wont see a speaker next to your name ever. Some speakers have bubbles next to them. I now beleive this represents who has spoken recently. Also I was playing with BadaBing last night and noticed that a Speaker icon appeared over his head (much like Medic call for help symbol) when he was speaking. Even with out a headset though you should still hear people talking and a graphic will come up on right side to tell you if and who is speaking (pretty cool). In the games I played last night there was very little talking. There was one V-spammer but it is a snap to mute them.

Mr. Magoo

ApacheEyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I dont think you have an icon next to your name, ever either..

Also, that icon next to their names is their by default, it does not mean they have amic and are talking... the ones that talk I noticed to be brighter in color and "Bolded"

[ This Message was edited by: Apache_Eyes on 2001-09-21 14:24 ]
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You all very much 8]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: