FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I know someone posted on this but I can't find the link. I have my screenshot key as F5, but I looked through my whole Sierra folder and never found any screenshots and I know I've hit F5 when I took the screenshot. Where do I find the screenshots I took, or what am I doing wrong when I take the screenshot? I'm just pressing the F5 key, that's all.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember which folder, but the bmp image will be in either your Halflife OR tfc folder. It'll be a bitmap image too. Lastly, if all fails, make sure that your F5 key does indeed map to taking a snapshot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks munkey...unfortunately, I checked every single file from half on and all the subfolders and I didn't see a single bmp file. I must be taking my screenshots the wrong way, because F5 is my screenshot key. DO you just press it or do you have to hold it down? also, is there a way to tell in game that the screenshot was taken successfully?
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can also do a search on your harddrive for the map name you took the screenshot on. I cant remember what folder its in either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single click will do. What I've noticed when I take a screenshot is that it seems to pause for a very brief millisecond. Nothing that will affect your game, and barely noticeable. I'd make sure that your F5 key isn't bound to anything else (check your autoexec.cfg or config.cfg file) and also check the main TFC Controls UI.

KRG, any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks very much for the help both of you. I did a search and I found them. They ended up in a file called gfx or something lol thanks again
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: