FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sully's tip of the week
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPY CHECK!!!

(grumble, grumble)
I'm not going to go into how to recognize spies. We've discussed that ad naseum(sic).

I'm just gonna say, "Do it!"

Remember, your engineers are your defense. They (with their sg)have got a good shot at any class except spy. Every other class must get the spies!!! Spies killin' my sg time after time after time after time af-
you get the point! Anyway, it's a bad thing.

The epitome of team play is spy checking. So please do it.

That is all.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
{PHM} KaV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Sully all I really ever play is avanti and I almost always use Spy on Offense and Engineer on D. It kills me when I am chasing a spy with my super shotgun while he is lacing nades all over the map. The worst is when no one else realizes that its a SPY. Even the Best spies give you a hint that there disguised. On the other end when I am a spy and no one detects me, its all over I will atleast take out two Sg's and whomever else is in the vacinity. So keep hitting your own teammates its worth the small amount of damage you take.

"They played the game with the bravery of being out of range" -Roger Waters
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt wipe them out.
Recently I let one go I knew they were a spy but for some reason I let it go. Well he stuck me good and made me repeat...When in doubt wipe them out.
Who was that?
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spies? they're a myth.. if it is your color, it is someone on your team.. TRUST ME! i wouldn't lie.. so in conclusion, don't waste your ammo spy checking, because there are no such things... :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Whybkuul on 2002-02-22 18:06 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree totally..it is the most annoyin thing to see a spy walk by and u know it but you can't do anything..and no one on ur team does anything.....well i think that spy checkin is a MUST in a game
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the regulars who play spy have trained many times against mg's. Once they master taking out mg's, taking out sg's is like child's play. It has gotten so bad that having a soldier or HW hang back on D is almost a requirement at times.

Either the spies have gotten better or players are not spy checking like they used to.

Shoot everyone once. Even if they come from your respawn! Like in Avanti! Practice whipping that shotgun out and blasting a round into every players chest. Some spies are very easy to spot. If anyone is running toward you, it's probably a spy. The biggest give away, to me, is that most spies look down when they run past you. It's like they are ashamed or something! I'm serious, look for it and you'll see it. If someone runs any were near your sg and is pointing downward, it's a spy. They are about to "loose" the grenade!

The one thing I learned with going on sg killing sprees is this: . . . . .wait should I tell you? . . . . . .hmmmmm...trade secret. . .ok

SG's have three legs with three gaps in between. You follow? When you toss your grenade, try to get it to lodge in between the spaces. If you hit it right, the grenade will stick there no matter how hard you throw it. It will not bounce back! Throwing a nail grenade in those spaces will take the sg out in 2 sec's!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the spys have gotten better by practicing against MGs the defense may have gotten lazy because of the spy spotting ability of the MGs.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to admit that there are really good spies on theville. Every weekend it seems that theville. attracts a lot of skilled spies and skilled players in general. It's cool to have a lot of skilled players come to the ville. Not only does it make theville. more fun to play on, but it gives the "regulars" a challenge. It is imperative to spy check because they can do some major damage in terms of offense and defense. One tip for spy checking is to LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCTS!!! Shoot the guy if you think he's a spie because it will give your team more time to strengthen their D and the O can push the enemies back!!!

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point Dad. That's seems like what is going on.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
{PHM} KaV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"it is the most annoyin thing to see a spy walk by and u know it but you can't do anything.."- Curious George I completely disagree you can always do something about it. When you know a spy is disguised they can't do anything but throw nades, and if they attempt to shoot/stab you there cover is blown and usually there is alot more of your on teamattes around to kill the spy.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if it's lack of spy checking or guru spies... I have a lot of trouble actually hitting a spy with anything in the open, and keeping them from getting behind me... I can usually tell who is a spy, but I can't kill them... doesn't seem to matter what class I am. I know I don't suck that bad, I think the Ville has some big-time spies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would spy check more often, but that is certainly a dangerous game as a sniper. If you have a fully charged rifle, it can kill most any class with one shot, unfortunately, the same holds true for mirror damage. Sometimes, I think I see a spy, but I am afraid to spy check because I might mirror kill myself. Now, I know there are no stats, but I f*ckin hate mirror deaths. IMHO, I think mirror damage should be removed, but thats just my $.02 worth.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the mg thing. Most you of people got lazy and started to let the mgs do all the spy checking. Now I can just waltz right in there and reek havoc on your engis. And for all of you having trouble killing spys, heres a saying; if you cant beat them join them. Youll see what i mean by that.

aa, oshiete sensei-san
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always shoot people once. If you are moving in a direction other than towards the enemy? Prepare to get a good five rounds in the head. If you are running towards the enemy? I'll probably pop ya one anyway.

I try to alert my team to what he is with Voice com, and play it goes through...

And DaD, i think that's very true. On tv 3 on any map other than acropolis i tend to slack off some, as far as spy checks. On that map though i give it my all, but, that's cause i'm a sniper all the time.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
Firehellkite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehehehe I occasionaly play defensive scout to help our spy problems... If I see anyone in the vicinity of our SG, like if they just rounded the corner to the apc's in epicenter, i will run into them so they loose their disguise... it makes the ng love me...
P.S. would it be possible to eliminate mirror damage KO's if you had, i dunno, like over 50 life or something?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: