FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Medics..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI. It is one of the hardest to master and doing nothing but infecting is not it. For those that say it is a hard class and do nothing but infect. You are doing about 2% of the classes skill. I played Coldstone and he kicked my ass no matter what class I picked. He never infected me once.

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2002-02-20 15:38 ]
Meat Juice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't have this players skill you speak of but as time goes by, I develop new and better skills. I am of the opinion that a medic is most effective when using all of his skills including infecting. At the least, infecting frustrates the heck out of the opposition. Often times this relieves pressure at key points in the game by drawing manpower. Not infecting is like asking a sniper not to shoot at a distance. Just my 2 cents.
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meat I have never seen you do anything other then Infect, Ever. Asking a medic not to infect ..that would mean using a weapon and maybe aiming it at someone. They are in no way weaker for not doing it. All the best medics I have seen don't cause your dead to fast anyway.

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2002-02-20 15:08 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, saying a medic doesn't infect and is good, makes me wonder why he is a medic ? I will always attempt to infect 1st. If I can, I stay and fight. A medic has his kit, nades, superng and super shotgun. He has speed and can conc into and outof trouble.

Infection is part of the game and you don't always want to kill when someone can spread your infection and WEAKEN others on their team. I decide wether I want to kill or just infect based on class etc. Having 90 percent of the team infected is VERY effective defense or offense. Having 80 percent of a team chase you is pretty effective as well. I do try to ALWAYS kill medics when I see them though
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no prob with medic that infect. It is ppl thta JUST infect that is sad. They ignor all the other strong points to class has for easy kills.

As to why he did not infect, as stated I DIED TO FAST!!!!..next time read thnx.

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2002-02-20 15:29 ]
Enrico

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just infecting is one of the medics stengths in my opinion, especially when you are handy with a gun too. if you keep a lot of people infected, someone becomes frustrated and becomes a medic. Usually that means forcing someone from their favorite class into a class they are not as proficient with. There, the enemy team, doent have everyone at 100%, perhaps he is unfamiliar with the medic too much and now he can only go at 75% of what he would normally.
DreadVile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I am alone in my way thinking well hats that then.

[ This Message was edited by: DreadVile on 2002-02-20 15:39 ]
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, to infect is a great tool, especially when they are hwguys cause most all the other players will end up passing him and contracting the disease I just handed to him. On avanti I'll pick on the snipers quite a bit cause it keeps them tied up with me either coming for them or trying to get treatment and again being in one spot as a sniper they spread my love. If I know there is a good medic on the other team then usually I'll infect throw a few nades to weakin them and usually they dont have enough time to go and get some health before the infection takes its course.

Oh ya, and if your on my team and you need health, dont just call the medic once cause after a short amount of time has passed that nice symbol on top of your head goes away and I'm not aware you need health anymore. If your in my path on the way to battle I always will give health to make sure everyone is at 100%
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is what i have noticed from those good medics, they go in and first infect you or multiple people..and then they pull out their shotgun and grenades and kill me.. i was playin the other day and i forget who it was, but all they used was a shotugn and they owned me b/c they were so fast...but i think that combinin infections and shotgun can make a good match:)
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-20 15:19, DreadVile wrote:
I have no prob with medic that infect. It is ppl thta JUST infect that is sad. They ignor all the other strong points to class has for easy kills.

As to why he did not infect, as stated I DIED TO FAST!!!!..next time read thnx.

You stated you died to fast in your next post, not the post I was replying too ... no need to get rude.

I infect first so you must die VERY quickly indeed.

My points were:
1) if you don't infect then why be a medic.
2) Sometimes you want an infected person to live (for the better of the team)

My new point is "soldiers that just use the rocket are sad and missing all the oportunities for easy kills Sounds pretty stupid that way doesn't it ?
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I agree with you. I had a friend that used to be a medic back in the day that people could still play good on 56k. He could own anyone with just the supershotgun. When I talk to him about TFC, he always tells me to be a good medic. As for infecting, I do not like it. It's usually my luck for the people I infect to go any get killed.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if they get killed because you have weakend them then you are a true TEAM player. nuff said.

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, I could have killed them flat out as a soldier or with a medic and a shotgun, and not have risked my team getting damaged and having to get more health. That could help my team just as much.
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched quiet a few good medics play even though I stink at the class. Most of them that I consider good infect a HW and 2 snipers or so and let them infect others by blocking doors and sitting on packs as their team passes by. They then pull out their shotgun or superng and blow the heck out of everybody, healing their team as they go.

As I said before, I stink at medic and probably will never play it. I only watched the medics play so that I know to avoid my team's HWs and snipers if I just saw a medic run by. Works most of the time.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my pack to mostly keep my team alive, and infect when I know I'm gonna die soon. I tend to use the medics speed to my advantage and run when need be. No sense in sticking around to infect when you'll die before you can power your kit up. I'm more of a shotgun man, infect.....and then gun them down.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: