FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How do you bunny hop?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not looking for a script, I'm just wondering how do you do it? Is it just space + ctrl? And if so, how should I time it. And lastly, do I already do it when I play I try hitting space + ctrl all the time, but I see no distance increase.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just play with your jumping and running and you will get it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to hit ctrl first and let go of it really quickly and press jump almost immediatly after. Sort of like a crouching jump I guess...I think I have done it but I can never really tell
Enrico

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if this is bunny hopping or not but if you runforward and jump while alternating sidestep keys you seem to go faster
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure but I jump/crouch and just before the jump ill strafe either right or left. Get into a rythm and you do gain some speed. Ive seen others that go way way faster though. What is it that causes your legs to wiggle in the air while doing this? Since I cant watch myself I'm not sure if mine do. heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive the legs wiggle in the air when you are crouched. So, if you jump then crouch your legs will wiggle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I strafe and jump I can feel myself going faster. I guess I need to play with the buttons a bit more.
Dahak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to gain speed first, by strafe jumping. basically, it's pressing forward, (strafe left, move mouse left in one motion),jump, forward, (strafe right move mouse right in one motion), jump, forward, and keep on doing that till you have some speed, afterwards, just stop presseing forward and keep on jumping/strafe left/right move mouse left/right. lol.. kinda hard to explain.
cstone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, Bunnyhoping as it is traditionaly defined has been removed (or at least stunted) in HL 1108. Bunnyhoping, I think, involves NO use of the moveforward key, and only uses the strafe keys. You keep momentum by swiviling back and forth. At least that's the theory that I've heard. Regardless, Valve reduced that speed increase to 140% in 1108.

Any other technique used to gain speed while jumping/crouching etc has its own name like gliding, skimming, or whatever term they come up with.

EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BunnyHopping and Strafe Jumping are two different things. Strafe Jumping increases your speed only a little, while bunnyhopping can increase your classes speed by 140% (I think). When you bunny hop you do not use the forward key, it is a combination of using the strafe keys and moving your mouse in a 45 degree angle in the same way you are strafing. It is very hard to explain, as well as perform. If you are really interested in learning how to Bunnyhop go to this site:
http://www.planetfortress.com/misanthropy/bunnyhopping.asp

That was a reply to how to bunyyhop, I am to lazy to write it again. Hope it helps.
Dahak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, skimming is just jumping continually when you land from a rocket blast or a conc and you keep going fast. Valve removed that completely, since as soon as you reach the 140 maximum speed you come to a halt and lose all the speed that you have gained.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going a little faster in a lan game, but doing the strafe jumping, but it was in a wide open area and I was going all over the place. I need practice.
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crazy leg thing is how you can tell if Frag is playing under an alias. Gives himself away every time.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albion you are right re Frag but he is damn good at it. I was a medic with him the other day and he was bunny hopping, legs just a wiggling all over the place. I got a good view of course since I was behind him.

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btt

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: