FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
To all of ya..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all of ya that have been offened by my posts or just put off. I don't mean to sound mean, mad or to insult. It is just the way I post and never have had anyone say they think I am getting mad till I post here. Well anyway just so ya know it is not meant to offend ya or make ya mad and I don't get mad sorry if I come off that way.

Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people from Vegas are friggin mean.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be it, all those flashing lights 24 hours a day will make anyone a little short tempered.

Glad to see you are aware of it now at least. All the times I've played with/against you I never got the impression you were rude or mad or anything other than a nice guy. But there is something about the way you post here that comes off antagonistic.

Not sure if there is a place to go learn posting etiquette. I do know that I'll try to remember this post from now on and try to take that into account when reading your posts. Some people accuse me of being sarcastic and abrasive too sometimes. Can you believe that ?

hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been mistaken here as well. That is the bad thing about the written word... you really lose a lot when you cannot see someone's facial expressions and body language.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to tell me about coming off the wrong way to people here! I seem to always tap on subject matter that everyone has deep opinions about. But everyone gets to put their two cents in and usually all is well after the post dies. The problem here is no one can see your facial expressions or hear the tone of your voice. So your attitude in the forums is derived completely from your typing.

I have publicly done the same thing you just did! I try my hardest to stay away from calling names because your point is immediately lost once you do that. But sometimes they slip. A lot of people have trouble listening to others opinions without blowing up, or getting offended because they are taking it the wrong way. To them, I say !

Now matter how much thought or effort you put into your post, there will always be some shmuck who says, "It's only a game!". That is sometimes the worst cut down you can use here and people do usually mean it that way. Ah, just try to be cool and that's really all you can do.

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-21 12:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-21 12:50 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: