FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HW... playable w/o being a llama?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear people that everytime they get killed by a HW they call that person a n00b. However simplistic it maybe to play i think it is still possible to play the class and not be a total llama. They are rare.... but they do exist. Just wanted to hear everyone elses opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not a llama for killing someone with a hwguy... I don't know what you're getting at.
Dahak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a HW can be killed easily one on one. A good HW though, just doesn't die
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'm saying that some people actually play a HW well. Although most people who play the class are llama and whenever someone with any actual talent plays this class and kills someone they tend to get lumped into the HW=llama belief. I've also heard a lot of people say that there's no way to play a HW with any talent because it requires none. And that's basically the pot that I'm trying to stir here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a good HW is the most dangerous killing machine in the game, except guru snipers on some maps. Soldiers are usually the ones who frag the most, but damn, I've been pwned by HWs alot, they can't all be lucky nOObs!
HWs are great if you can establish yourself and be able to get the NME close to your gun, they're kibble if you get that. I've never seen YPAWOM playing HW, but I hear he's deadly.

I just wish the fatty would have a decent long range attack, even something as sissy as the railgun... then I'd play them alot, but not being able to take down SGs without a lot of Shotty-time or 'nades... I play other stuff usually

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like we cannot go a week without someone calling a class weak and easy. Usally it is the HW that gets ragged on. You will find that the opinion accross most regulars that know how the game works, that to be a "good" HW takes skill.

Every class has there part to play and not everyone understands what the HW role is. Therefore, when people get killed by them they spat out things like wuss, n00b, and what not. In-fact it happened to me last night, and it was because the guy could not kill me unless he was a spy.

To me that guy is the wuss becuase I am not a "good" HW and I was just playing around. Just watch or play against some of the TVB HW's and say it doesn't take skill.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitter, dahak and I just played on avanti. As for skill, I ended up 55-57, bitter ended up 55-20something, and dahak had 100something-some low number When dahak was a hwg going after me as an hwg, I got owned. When he was a soldier and I was an hwg he once again owned me. When I was a soldier and he was an hwg, did in fact own me again. Proving that skill is required to play hwgs effectivly against good people.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean anything against Dahak, but it's really easy to pwn someone as a fatty or soldier defending when there aren't very many people attacking... they're usually slower because of the flag on their back, and you get plenty of time to heal and get more armor... that being said, yeah, dahak pwned us pretty well, and I think he'd do well in a 10 vs 10 game, too. He wouldn't let me knife him, either... grrrr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a huge conversation about HW about a week ago. Just like any other class, it requires certain skill. (biased opinion) As a HW I will whoop any Llama HW any day of the week!!! But the bottom line I think for a HW guy is this... don't be a wuss who camps and throws 'nades into nothing (certain exceptions and circumstances make a difference). Get out there on the front line and die like a man!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take an HW out with a fully charge sniper rifle. Just aim it at his head!
Dahak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, avanti is an easy map to defend with all the packs around. Just have to stay at a high location, shoot rockets down at your feet, and resupply when needed.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well computer, a Llama is someone who is in the game just to piss people off and ruin everyone's good time. If someone plays HW because they think it is the easiest class to kill with, that doesn't make them a Llama. I have no fear of HW. They are fat, slow, and from a distance, they can't do crap!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It requires more skill than most think, though, it is argueably the easiest class to play in general past perhaps pryos and scouts.

However, all those people that call HW players newbs probably are just upset that they were steamrolled by one. Yes, HW are powerful. But a single spy, a single medic, a single soldier, a single demo man, a single sniper, can take one down so fast they wouldn't have a chance to move.

It's hard for me to take anyone that Cries HWs are all llamas, ever, for any reason, seriously after they do.

By saying all HWs are llamas/newbs, you are basically saying that all classes are llamas for doing what they do best.

"Hey, that soldier shot me with a rocket! What a llama!"

Get that outta here.

Just my opinions, though, since i play mostly HW, i'm sort of biased.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody is the Llama it is the person who
could not kill the HW

Goldom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Pyros are not easier than HW... I mainly play pyro, and believe me, when you have a weapon that does about 1 dmg if you are lucky, and then mr anybody comes and shoots you dead in 1 hit that is hard.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: