FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Warpath 3-D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't have to put your special glasses on! This is for anyone who wants tips on defending command point 3 on Warpath (engy's wet dream). Since owning this command point can really decide who wins the match, it is very important to know how to defend it.

The following is an example of the Red team defending CP 3. You can do the same for Blue, just flip the positions. Numbers represent SG placements.

1. This is the fastest place to get an sg up off the start. It mostly guards the nmy snipe deck, below the bridge, and CP3. However, it is an extremely vulnerable spot. The enemy can shoot at it from their tunnel and the sg is too far away to shoot back. Also, it can be taken out easily from under the bridge and it will not fire back in most cases. I do not recommend this spot but it will work for a while if you must use it.

2. This is a very effective spot for an sg. It covers three main points but is just as vulnerable as 1. This spot covers the nmy snipe deck, nmy tunnel, and CP3. It is easily taken out by grenades from the nmy snipe deck and nmy tunnel. I use this spot before using 1.

3. Excellent place for an sg. It covers several areas as you can see and it is only really vulnerable from below the bridge. Because most do not see it from the nmy snipe deck, they usually don't see it until they jump down. This spot has an added plus as well! If you build a dispenser next to your sg, your team can climb up onto the snipe deck! I use this spot as much as possible!

4. The most protected sg placement I have found. It's also right next to a respawning pack! It is completely out of view of the nmy snipe deck. It covers three key points: nmy tunnel, ladder, and CP3. I use this spot as much as possible.

Keep in mind that no sg placement is flawless and spies will make sure of that. These are just the most effective spots I have found. I recommend having a fatty guard CP3 with you. That is a hard combo to break through. If you have any ideas or additions, please add them! Hope it helps someone!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll completely agree with you on those positions. I love setting an sg at point 4 (on your map), even though it doesn't get as many kills as the other sgs, but it is overly protected. I like an sg at point 1 as well. I haven't tried having an sg at your point 2, but perhaps I'll try it.

Very nice write-up KRG, thank you.

[ This Message was edited by: SuckGod on 2002-02-20 10:55 ]
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have two engies on your team (again, two engie tips) Put your SG right below one of the ladders below 3 preferably the one that covers the NME tunnel, and have the other engie build at KRG-point 3... so they cover each other. If it's NEO, forget about it, nothing will ever get past that. One tesla on the bridge, one on offense... your team will win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

your team will win.

From what I've seen, if you can control CP3, you'll win 90% of the time.
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With two good demo's that communicate on the other team. They can take down both sg's and tesla's very quickly. If there are some good players on the team, offensivly, then anything is possible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These maps are great. You should find somewhere to put them up permanetly so TV residents can always find them.

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyrozen, do you mean the map itself? You can d-load all of the maps in rotation and more in the files section. Or do you mean the pic?

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
sSdD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i agree with hamese, two good demos or some good snipers can take it all out..i was playin the other night, and we were gettin killed, we couldn't get past 3...so i went sniper...and man was it easy to take those things out...i cleared everything out in about 1-2 deaths..the only way i died was b/c of engies and their emps...but like one good sniper and some good demo can control that...and with some good engies...your team can own...but good points KRG..those are the best place...i also like to put a sg on top of the column...it holds the sniper area and exit...but snipers kill it alot..
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, good tips KRG, here's my tip, don't build your defense like this:

When I saw this, I thought about switching teams and being a spy... almost popped wood just thinking of that. 2 grens=3 SGs!

[ This Message was edited by: BitterBeerFace on 2002-02-22 11:29 ]
thewz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-22 11:28, BitterBeerFace wrote:

When I saw this, I thought about switching teams and being a spy... almost popped wood just thinking of that. 2 grens=3 SGs!

Hmmm...you might have a bit of a problem if you "pop major wood" when your team has bad defense. I can give you the number of a doctor who can fix that.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what were those engys thinking? I personally like to keep moving me sg up on warpath, trying to gain ground, while securing 1/5. It's very possible to come back from being stuck at 1/5 if you try. As for those engys, that doesn't qualify as trying
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL avenger, just trying to illustrate the point that they are actually vulnerable that close together...

Actually, they were trying, but not very smartly... we had spy trouble, but they didn't understand that spies walk right past SGs.
sSdD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i love it when peps don't notice that.. it is funny b/c they just sit there and watch you throw grenades at their sg's, and think ur jst foolin around...hahaha
PyROZen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i meant putting the pics up somewhere and sort them by level. this would be alot of work taking pics of every level though

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: