FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I'm Finally Coming Home!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackBurton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a lone wolf who drifted through wastlands looking for a home. I can remember the day Turkeyburgerville closed. For a brief moment it moved to Avantivile but it wasn't the same. So I left and went looking for another server to call home.

** At one point I drifted into to OESM(I think) type servers** It wasn't the same.
** Turkeyburgers from outerspace shrank so I was on the move again**
** I moved into fragrus only to have some 13year old tell me to stop sniper her because she was the admin... sigh so on the move again**
** Vegas TFC was an ok stop nice guys but not the same. Although it was the first time I saw some names from the past**
I thought about all the people who used to kill me back in the day John_Doe, The Smoking Man, Darth Digler, Eddie Munster, Robert, and the list goes on. Back in the day where dying was fun.

I tired CS but if you do well your a cheater, using a wallhack, and having an aimbot. Everyone wants you to follow them as if they are the leaders. Whatever happened to just saving hostages? I shed a tear for those poor bastards that never got to see loved ones again. So I turned in my gear and went to Europe.
Once in Europe I meet up with these guys who were trying to take some beach. One of the guys told me "son... today will be the Day of Defeat for these Hunns. Pick up a weapon and charge this hill." After we took Omaha(I think that's what its called) I suggested that we have a beach party. I got a quick no and something about taking Caen. With that we parted ways.
I drifted till I happened upon this Ville. Something just felt right about this place so I entered. Once I read the message of the day I knew I was home.

Now I don't expect you to remember me, at one point I was N.Quigley and over time I took the name JackBurton. I used to walk with one more the Hudson Hawk with any luck he'll find the trail that I left and be here soon.
After drifting for so long, its good to be home!!!!
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this calls for a group hug people!!!
Though I'm a post TurkeyBurger regular here, let me be one of the first few to welcome you back! Quite a few of the peeps you mentioned are still here, and as you can tell, we've grown considerably since those TurkeyBurger days.
Make yourself at home, I'm sure there's plenty of catching up to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the servers where fun, teamplay and having fun is encouraged...and where llamas get scorned, llama, spd_cheat 4, and banned forever.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you found your way back home, and I do remember your name.

The spirit of TurkeyburgerVille lives on here and we even have TB Tuesdays on TVII again.

I look forward to sniper duels in the future.

JD

[ This Message was edited by: JohnDoe on 2002-02-15 14:13 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember N.Quigley and Hudson Hawk from my first couple weeks at AvantiVille. Welcome back and enjoy the growth and friendly competition. Hopefully Hudson Hawk will find his way here someday as well.

Wasn't Rob the one who used to be Eddie Munster ??
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.. I was Eddie.. Welcome back Mr.Quigly...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for you kinds words. I've spoken to Hudson and I'm sure he show up any min.

The big question has anybody ran into Darth_Digler[+SUF] lately?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: