FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Attacking from respawn.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing. Same ideal as my Respawn spamming post.

Is this Illegal? Is it frowned upon? I never really did it, but once i made it as a sniper to the respawn at point 3, and was sniping at people from this.

I was told in game from someone i respect and trust that it was frowned upon.

Granted, being a HW is frowned upon by mosted, but... regardless.

That got me thinking, is this thing that i see, well, a large portion of players, including a few regulars, do, wrong?

I just wondered what the general opinion on this was. Llama-ish? Disliked? Ok? What's the deal?

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, jinx!

Well, as you know, my opinion is that it's kinda cheap to attack out of respawns "behind the lines" like that... theoretically it's fine to go in to get healed, but what got me was going back in repeatedly... Oh well, time to see what the general opinion on the matter is
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i would have Asked if i would have known anyone actually minded such.

Then again, i'm one of those people that you can tell, 'stop shooting at me', and i will.

Repsawn Spamming i had a bit of a better grasp that it wasn't liked, but didn't know if i shouldn't do it or not. Meat Juice told (ok, implied ) that i shouldn't, So, i didn't.

This? Alot more people do it, and rarly do people mind, it seems. They just go in there and sock em one.

-JollyRoger.

[ This Message was edited by: JollyRoger on 2002-02-08 07:05 ]
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not against the rules per se. Anyone attacking, anywhere, is fair game to be attacked. I think the only time this is an issue is when Avanti attackers are going for CP2 and snipers are standing by the gate, it's possible for grenade spam directed at the snipers to hit respawning units.

I personally make it a point to pay a "visit" to anyone sniping from their respawn, especially at the ramp by the fountain. Repeatedly.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in your Warpath example I have had some great fights with folks whose team "owns" the respawns around CP3 but don't own CP3 and get stuck in there. I think its fair game for them to come out and try to take out their enemies and recap CP3. <edit> Heck, what choice do they have? Suicide? </edit> And since they aren't respawning in there I think its fair for others to try and kill them when they come out. I have had some memorable and fun little cat and mouse games with snipers in those respawns. I've never had anybody tell me it was unfair one way or the other. Its been done to me the other way, too.

On the other hand, KillerRoofCutter did get mad at me for killing him when coming out of respawn over CP2 or 4. But I'm not sure if he respawned there or not, so that may have been my bad. Either way since it bothered him, I didn't do it anymore.

I figure if you are nailing someone as soon as they have respawned or as they exit their respawn "birthplace"... you a llama. If they get themselves to a different respawn or return to theirs later and get trapped? They are a "target of opportunity".

Curious to see if others see it this way or not.

FingerDemon

[ This Message was edited by: FingerDemon on 2002-02-08 10:01 ]
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finger, you're absolutely right. In the other post concerning this issue was whether could camp at the respawn and kill a guy hiding out there. In the case you're discussing, it is not their respawn at the time.
In my opinion, they are fair game. Many is the time that I've snuck into the team room at 3 and distracted the other team so that we could cap 2/4.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, being a sniper, I usually clear my was out of respawn 1 and 2 on Avanti, but that involves sniping from respawn. I rarely camp there after we get cap 1 though. The only reason I am stuck there in the first place is people on the defending team sniping away and spamming. I got no problem with it, I have learned to deal with and play around it

All you gotta do is wait for that Damn Demo to reload and snipe the hell out of 'im

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a post a couple weeks back about shooting snipers that are in the respawn at cap 3 in warpath, I believe the response was as long as they are using the door as a shield of sorts when it opens and they are shooting at you they are fair game. Im guessing this goes for avanti as well. Basically from what I understand is if you can and do shoot at someone your fair game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: