FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Getting to know you...Part Deux
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after reading the wonderful link on the 1000th post, I thought I would continue it for those of us that showed up a bit later.

My name is Harry, I am a 19 year old student at Ohio State. I am a PRE-Industrial design major (I am taking my entrance exam as right now) The design program at OSU is one of the best and most competitive in the nation, so wish me luck. I started playing TFC last year when I started here at OSU and was finally exposed to broadband internet access (one of the fastest campus networks in the country, God I love my university )

I love watching TV, and movies. My favorite TV shows include The Simpsons, Junkyard Wars (and my non-straight indulgences) Trading Spaces, and A Dating Story (no that doesn't make me gay, nor do I hold anything against homosexuals ) Um, I love to read for fun, I am a big fan of Terry Goodkind, Tolkein, L. E. Modesitt Jr, and many others I can't think of. I also enjoy creative writing. I took a creative writing course here last year and it was amazing. So amazing in fact that I am taking the second level creative writing course here next quarter, English 565, I think its gonna be a blast.

Well, I have to run, classes and all. I hope that many of you new guys (ie joined after august ) will see this thread and we can learn more than the Nicks of the people we play with.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Bill. I am a 19 year old male from Idaho who is depressed more often than not. You see, i was dating this girl for more than two years, and just about a month ago she dumped me. She's already dating another guy. We still have contact, and i keep hoping that we'll get back together. She's the one i want to marry. She was my first everything, if you know what i mean. Anyway, my emotions are really fuc*ed up right now, i've thought about suicide a lot lately. The only thing that gets me through is the hope that we'll get back together someday. So i play at Theville.org to relieve my stress/tension. Gets my mind off of the shit in my life. I work at a call center for AT&T (which i hate). everyone that calls is an asshole, but i stay b/c it pays better than anyplace else around here. ($8.50/hr). I am currently saving money to go to college, where i will take the law enforcement course. Future plans are to become a cop, and move on to the FBI/CIA/cool gov position. Enough self-pity for now, see ya at the ville. (theville 1 mainly. ) oh, wait,
FAV MOVIE: Fight Club
FAV BAND: Smashing Pumpkins
FAV BOOK: Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card)
FAV GAME: TFC of course!
FAV ADMIN: WHAT?? they're ALL great! (yes, i'm kissing ass here)

[ This Message was edited by: Whybkuul on 2002-01-31 12:17 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is BitterBeerFace, and I'm an alcoholic...

errr, wait, wrong introduction, that's later tonight...

I'm actually Jim... about half the people I know call my JimmyP, so either name works. I am still a freakin' college student (in my 7th year, 2nd degree) I have a Professional Geography degree with a History minor, and I'm less than 1 year from having a Computer Information Science degree, as well. I'm 24 years old, spent the last 2 years working part-time as an IT services guy, but I got canned/phased out/I quit a couple months ago, so I'm unemployed now (one of the reasons I've been playing TFC so much)

I've traveled a $&#^@*$-Load, I bowl, I play hockey and golf. I live in MinneSNOWta, and I love winter. My favorite activities are strategy games (usually relating to WAR... like Axis and Allies or Shogun).

The best job I ever had was a few years ago I was working maintenance and was assigned to "guard" the freshly poured concrete... so I got paid to sit in a chair outside, in the summer, and read a war book... that was nice.

</Introduction>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Didn't know there was a new one started)

In real life, I'm a 21 year old college student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. My name is Joe and I'm an advertising major with a possible web dev minor. I've had a computer around my house since my dad brought home the Commodor 64 back in the day. I'm more of a Mac guy, I even have an original SE from the mid 80's. Anyway, I'm a drummer in a punk/emo band, and I DJ *with actual records*. I'm somewhat of a music junkie, I was going to teach music, but didn't feel like capping my salary before I get out of college. I'm really shy when it comes to girls, so I make an @$$ of myself around them to try to get a laugh out of them. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. ROTJ was the first film I ever saw in a theater. My nickname is a character in the first film. I was tossing around lots of obscure references, like Anaman or Pote Snitkin, but Snaggletooth just sortof rolls off the tounge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wonderfully gifted with the name Ted. You college punks all remind me of myself about. . . .wow! only three years ago! I left WVU with three associate degress! I kept changing my major! You know how it is. 1. Criminal Justice 2. Computer Information Systems 3. Psychology. Mad degrees that do crap in the real world! I am the assistant manager at the Nightmare Factory. The largest haunted house in all of Texas! WOOT! 6,000 square feet of terror! I also help with the website http://www.nightmarefactory.com I am 24 and have a wonderful wife and daughter! My wife's name is Melinda and my daughter's name is Madison. Maddy is two! Yikes! Just so you know, she plays this game and I think she has fragged many of you! HAHAA! Not really. She is a Nickjr freak!

Fav. Movie - Texas Chainsaw Massacre! I know Gunner Hansen (Leatherface). He's kind of a perv but he's ok. I've met Linda Blair from The Exorcist. . .BITCH!
Fav. Band - That's impossible to determine.
Fav. Book - The Great and Secret Show - Clive Barker

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Kilaak Kommander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI MY NAME IS KILAAK KOMMANDER. I IS A SINGUL KILAAK FROM THE PLANUT KILAAK. MY EYES ARE GRENE AND MY SKIN IS READ. MY FANGS ARE VARY SHARP FROM CHEWING. I LIKE HAIKU POETRY AND LONG WALKS AT BEECH. MY TURN-OFFS IS CHEETERS. KILAAK KOMMANDER WANT TO METE NICE EARTH HU-MAN GIRL FOR COME TO SUPPER. NO DRUGGEES OR HED GAMES PLEEZ.
OBTUSE OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOO AR MI HEERO! I WISH TOO MEET YOO! I LIK MOOVEES AND KWIET ROWMANTIK DINERZ! MI KILAAK BLUD SWOOONS FOR U!
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Bak, if you don't already know me. I play varsity hockey (i'm a new breed of intelligent athlete) and ultimate frisbee. What little free time I have is spent primarily with my girlfriend but the rest is dedicated to gaming (that is, discounting my friends, frisbee, and hockey as being school-related).
Favorite Movie: The Crow
Favorite Band: Staind
Favorite PC Game/Mod: Tie between TFC, Max Payne, and Science and Industry
Favorite Admin: Myself, though I am not an admin here I am on BR's server. (Sorry Frag )

[ This Message was edited by: Bakuryu on 2002-01-31 20:08 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gindapoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this and the original "Getting to know you" thread are great. I am a 32 yr old college Mathematics instructor--actually have degrees in Mathematics and Statistics (or as my students say: Sadistics ) I am married with a 5 yr old daughter and another on the way.

My brother introduced me to TFC and Avantiville (as it was then) at the first of August 2001. I used to bounce around servers, but since I finally got DSL, TV is just about all I play now. It is great stress relief to see someone explode in front of you.

As for the nickname...something my daughter said when she was 3 that ended up on one of our home videos.

where the name came from<---clicky
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah
movie : happy gilmore
band : 311
tv show : simpsons
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is grant and i play AA ice hockey. i am in the 11th grade and am 16 years old. i like to party and play tfc when im not. oh and school is boring.
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name's alex. In real life I'm a lazy little sob, who's in his 3rd year of high school.
Nuthin like chillin wit my homies after school.
Fav movie: Matrix
Fav Artist: So many good ones...
Fav song: Got yourself a gun, by NAS
Fav game: (other than tfc) FALLOUT 2 BABY!
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm a recent high school graduate who goes by the name... nope, not Roger. I'm Jamie to most of my friends, Jay to all others. I like just about anything that doesn't involve work, TFC and RPGs more than all else. I'm a very nice guy to be around. Friendly, calm, the whole nine. Just prone to worrying and shy.

When i'm not scrambling around looking for a job, having problems with just about everything that could cause a problem, or worrying over something totally pointless, i usually sleep or play TFC online. Reading books comes in close second... usually HP lovecraft, Edgar allen Poe, or Ambrose Bierce.

Favorite Movie: Pootie Tang.

Favorite Band: Outkast.(Fav song: The whole world.)

Favorite Book: Fall of the house of usher, by Edgar Allen Poe, or Call of Cthuhlu, by H.P. Lovecraft.

Favorite Admin: CyCoDaD! Even if he is a pushover.

What i do in those two minutes a day i have to myself, other than TFC: Roleplay. I love it. It lets me get away from the nervous, shy person i am in Real life.

Nice meeting you all. Have a nice day.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda cool,so here goes.

Real life name is Brian,21yrs old,Call NC home.Racing,anykind big around here.Its all this area has ever known.Dale Earnhardt's shop is right down the road.I like paintball got several tournement guns an play when im not working.Its the real TFC.Drive a little 96 an 99 mazda rx7's both black.

Favorite Movie: Blow

Favorite Band: Metallica

Favorite Book:Nicolae by Tim LaHaye & Jerry Jenkins.

Favorite Admin:Frags got a really nice soapbox an JD's donuts are real big i like munkeye an his monkey the cyco's are really sane.....All of them are cool.

That spare time i got ? You mean as if you couldnt tell where it goes? When its not on theville its under the hood of my car,Computers an Going Fast is two of my favorite things in the world when you put tech with speed you go really fast.

Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok time to add my short bio on this one. My name is Jared (duh) I'm a 17 year senior in high school (I agree it is boring) and I love to play sports, especially hockey. Unfortunately, we don't have a school team ) I plan to major in music education with a minor in math. My free time is usually spent with my friends and soon to be g/f. Oh yeah...I wish I had cable lol
Fave Movie-Scarface
Fave Band-too many here
Fave Game-TFC of course

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: