FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
most useless weapon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the general concensus on what really is the most useless weapon? i have to disagree with the railgun being it, as i actually used it for one game today instead of SSG, and got a bunch of kills (though they didnt register in the daily awards..?)...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daily awards don't post till the next day. i think for killing someone, the spies dart gun has got to be the most useless
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I really think the railgun is the most useless weapon. You almost never run out of shotgun ammo as Engie. The shotgun is a whole lot better than railgun. And the railgun's slow too. The shotgun is better long range too. At least it does damage, while you can easily avoid the railgun. The only thing the railgun's good for is if someone is holding a railgun out, then it's most likely a spy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the railgun is really useful. It can take out SGs like butter.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep snaggle the railgun is made to kill sgs and it works hella fast

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Sniper, I am gonna go with the auto rifle. I personally think that weapons sucks my ass...I mean, I can UNLOAD into a player, and they walk away and I end up dying...F'n autorifle...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna have to go with the dart gun,either your mad skilled or mad crazy to try an get a kill with that fker.Either way crazy or skilled if you get a kill with that puppy i wanna shake your hand.

oh an that railgun will have a busload running for cover on shortbus2.lol theres nothing like seeing a solly run around the inside of a bus tryin to keep from getting soldered to the steering wheel

[ This Message was edited by: Tommy.Chong on 2002-01-27 01:49 ]
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol soldered... what the heck is that railgun supposed to be anyways? a green squirt gun an engineer stole from some kid or something? its like no railgun IVE ever seen... there should be an option as engy to take a REAL railgun, like a quake2 or quake3area railgun instead of the ability to build SGs or something...then the enigneer would really be a force to be reconed with...or at least give the engy akimbo railguns...mmm...akimbo...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually love the dart gun! It's a very effective weapon. Granted it's extremely hard to kill with it, but it's not really designed to kill. My fav moment is when a demo or fatty is chasing me in some underwater passage. If you shoot that tub of lard with the slow dart gun, he will drown everytime! It cracks me up!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
DeMoN1101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually killed someone with the dartgun, on avanti. A pyro was in front of my facing the opposite direction, and I decided I'd try to slow him down before I killed him. Apparently he was extremely low on health, I shot him once and he died. lol

"If it moves, kill it. 'Nuff said."

[ This Message was edited by: DeMoN1101 on 2002-01-27 14:49 ]
kazebari?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Never underestimate the power of the dart gun! I killed a lot of people with it, believe it or not. Of course, most of the people i killed with it were feigned spies, but oh wells.

The sucky thing is that the tranquilizer pistol isn't considered a weapon. If you kill with it the game will register that kill as "nails." I mean, come on!
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, but maybe this could be the topic for the next vote on the home page or something...people can choose from the dart gun, railgun, autorifle, and any other ones people think are useless. I think it'd be interesting to see what the people here at The Ville think is the most useless weapon.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say the hw's crow bar. How many
times have you seen a hw pick a cb over his
chain gun?
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno what the hll that rail gun is but it isnt like any one ive seen.It is deadly accurate at long range,so its a prime weapon for S&Mgs' couple shots an they are toast.

It can be a telsa's worst nightmare.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crowbar is a badly-made weapon becasue it cant be too powerful or recon would be too strong...it should definateatly do differing damage based on class whos using it, because a recon with a cb is alot easier to get someone under your bar than with a HW...the slower classes should get an instagib or something...nothign is more fun that sneaking up on a pesky sniper zoomed in and just beating them relentlessly...hehe...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: