FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Powder/Ville/Future
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Powder/Ville/Future Reply with quote

Well it is with sad disposition that I inform the Ville community of my resignation as owner of theville.org. Effective immediately I am turning over all day to day and long term operations over to Sgt. Stutter and Simpleman. I will have no control in what path the Ville takes from this moment forward. This goes for my partner in ownership Jfetzener as well, as I am talking on his behalf.

Truth be told this has very little with what transpired here a week ago. Those events were merely a sign to me that it was time for me to move on and transfer the Ville to someone else. What exactly led to this decision i will not share as it will do no good to anyone and is hardly important.

The short time I have owned the Ville I have enjoyed every second of it even the bad times and especially the good times. I am proud of what I have accomplished and feel confident that the future of the Ville will be profitable and productive in all the avenue’s it wishes to venture.

Even though many of you rarely see me on the servers partaking in what the Ville has to offer, my time spent behind the scenes making this place what it has become from what it was has been rewarding and time consuming in a way that very few can imagine. The Ville under my leadership has succeeded all my expectations that I held at the time of purchase in December of 2004. The work has been hard…but it has been very rewarding and the friends I have met have far outweighed the ones I have lost as a result. I have always done what is best for the Ville and the community and I believe this is the necessary action to take for her benefit.

Though I am selling the Ville to Stutter and Simpleman I will continue to be active in the forums and visit the servers when it is possible that I may do so. I will also be donating a server, which I have paid for, to the Ville. It will be a DOD source server running very limited maps so we can build a community in Source that will take the Ville into the future.

Thank you all for the effort, time, and heart you have put into the Ville under my ownership. I leave you with a poem by Robert Frost. This poem has always played a significant part of my life when faced with adversity and decisions that cannot be easily reached. Once again I thank you all.

Powdermilkman

The Road Not Taken
by: Robert Frost

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad to see yah go PMM but with law school going on i bet the bit of extra time you can dedicate towards that will be helpful. it was a fun year and a half, glad you are sticking around on the forums with everyone for the next few years as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now we won't be seeing Stutter or Simpleman on the servers anymore.. lol

j/k

we have had our differences, but have fun milkman
v.o.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck in the future pmm and thank you for what you have done.....

and welcome new owners stutter and simpleman....

long live the ville

www.3foottall.com
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all you've done powder. I'm sure it was a tough decision. Don't be a stranger and come in for a good ol' friendly blasting often. #Turn-l

The Tiju

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v.o.c wrote:

long live the ville

yeah pmm u gotta be back for the next ville Cup cause im expecting u to rejoin the newsteam

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:
v.o.c wrote:

long live the ville

yeah pmm u gotta be back for the next ville Cup cause im expecting u to rejoin the newsteam

I can't wait for a new Steam. This one sucks...

Anyway, thanks for all the time and effort you put into keeping TheVille going, powder. Good luck with law school and stuff.

And congrats to the new owners.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frosty1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank Fellas for all the time and effort you have put into the ville community. I pray that you bring the same abiltilies you have shown here into all your endeavors.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everything powder. Your dedication to the ville is appreciated

StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best with your new ventures Powder...some of them will be biggies! Thanks for all your work and effort into making this place the best gaming community on earth!

All the best.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't state it any better than anyone above me has. Your efforts to make The Ville what it is, and has been, is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you're going to stick around

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Powder for what you have done for the Ville.

Thank you Stutter and Simpleman for picking up the reigns and taking us further.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUj0 wrote:
I couldn't state it any better than anyone above me has. Your efforts to make The Ville what it is, and has been, is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you're going to stick around

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl pmm and thx for putting up the sever i havent been able u know u much but thx anyways rock on dude
Rohan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...pmm u will b missed sry to c u go...u have built an awsome community here...but every ending marks the beginning of something else and i have no doubts in my mind the stutter and simpleman will carry on theville traditions and continue building on what u have created. thank u for all that u'v done pmm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: