FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bizarre Night...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[swn] Kerrigan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Bizarre Night... Reply with quote

Last night was one of the most bizarre nights I've ever experienced, and I need to share it with someone, so here it is.

Lance and I were hanging out in my room. He was on his laptop while I was starting a game on the gamecube. My condo faces one of many parking lots we got in the complex, and you're able to see the entrance from my room (just to get a little feel where I was).

Lance went to the kitchen to put a glass in the sink when we both heard a commotion outside. Two or three guy around our age (18-21) jumped one of my neighbors who lives in the building across from mine and tried to mug him. The neighbor kept calling for help, so I ran to the phone and dialed 911 while Lance was getting ready to go out there and physically help the guy. But by the time I looked out the window to describe what was happening, the group of muggers ran off, and the neighbor was no where to be found.

Lance went out to his car and took out his bat from the trunk while I finished talking to the emergency operator. Thankfully though, the operator told me that the cops were already there and that they found the muggers.

I went outside to tell Lance that the cops got them, and we went back inside wondering if an officer would show up to my place for questioning, but no one came. We went back to my room, where Lance spotted the neighbor, shirtless and beat up, and overheard the guy talk about how he was attacked to a curious/concerned woman in a SUV. Since he was right outside my window, I opened the second window in my room and told him that I was the one who called the cops (I'm on the first floor, so it was pretty easy to talk to him). I offered him a glass of water, and he lost his glasses during the chase, so Lance and I helped him find them.

The cops were still all over the entrance way, but they never came up to us (not even the neighbor who was attacked) for questioning. There was an ambulance too, which stumped us 'cause they didn't approach us either. Eventually the cops left, who literally ignored us as we tried to wave them down, but as the ambulance backed away, I noticed one young guy in a blue and white striped shirt looking down on someone else who was probably in the stretcher. I looked over to my neighbor and asked him, "Hey... Did by any chance one of the attackers had a blue and white striped shirt on?"

And the guy said, "...Actually, yeah! He did! How did you know that?"

"'Cause I just saw him in that ambulance over there with someone else who's lying in the stretcher..."

The guy bursted out into laughter and told us how he managed to stab one of the muggers with his keys. He was happy to hear that the cops found them, but was even more happier that he beat the crap out of at least one of them enough to have them ride away in an ambulance.

I've lived in this complex for 12 years, and not once have I seen anything like this happen right before my eyes. We do have some bad neighborhoods around here, but very rarely does something actually happen in my complex 'cause most of the folks here are retired. But the thing that bothered me was that knowing how snobby most of the neighbors are around here, not one came out to see what was going on. As a matter of fact, someone was having a little party outside right across from the scene, and the people there didn't even pay attention. If you ask me, that's pretty f'ed up. =/

But yeah, I'm glad we managed to help someone, though Lance still doesn't feel that greatly justified since he wasn't able to go beat up one of the idiotic muggers during the chase.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's crazy!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sargee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoaaa
bigfoot hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stabbed with keys? That's gotta hurt.

Homer Simpson
TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owie and awsome way to go !

thank you strontium for the sig!
how many windows you know that come witha troll?-hoss delgado
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
regis
Guild Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Wow that's crazy!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Pink boots
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a typical day in South-Africa, except for the cops showing up, that never happens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....umm whats the guys name cause i guy i know that works at jewel got beat up(not sure if it was mugged i came in at the end of the conversation) but i heard that his attackers were arrested and that the cops just happened to be in the area at the time

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Malanthros

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy stuff, glad everything kinda turned out okay in the end? Although still weird.

You should probably put Lance in a batting cage for a round or two, take off some bat swinging steam.

I want to live where stuff happens =(

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
[swn] Kerrigan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker's Xeno wrote:
....umm whats the guys name cause i guy i know that works at jewel got beat up(not sure if it was mugged i came in at the end of the conversation) but i heard that his attackers were arrested and that the cops just happened to be in the area at the time

I don't think you know him, but his name's Phil. We kind of live in opposite directions, so yeah.

Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh interesting, kinda funny though...I guess when your in the Law Enforcement field you tend to get a little more immune to a situation like that. But, it is always interesting to hear a fresh take on incidents like that one.

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Kate78
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Mugging Reply with quote

Pink boots wrote:
Sounds like a typical day in South Africa, except for the cops showing up, that never happens.

LOL ditto - right on the spot
it is strange though, that the cops never came to get a statement from the beat up neighbor or the people who actually called for them (which in this case would be YOU)

Be careful from now on!!
Take Care,
Kate
loka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel_Rouser wrote:
heh interesting, kinda funny though...I guess when your in the Law Enforcement field you tend to get a little more immune to a situation like that. But, it is always interesting to hear a fresh take on incidents like that one.

For real.

My Criminal Justice classes aren't close to the real thing, but when it happens to me personally I feel like I've already heard all the wacky crap that could happen. In which case I've seen worse than this personally...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: