FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
very interesting...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kornholio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that after stat ranking has been done away with, they are less engy's playing the game. Now this may just be luck, but also the SG has fallen out of the top 3 weapon kill for the week. Used to be it was always 3+. I think no stats is a good thing as it widens the playability of the game for us HPB's (who were concerned about stats). The only other thing I can think of account for less sg killing is the new rewards for taking down sg's. This is also very cool, as it promotes team play and makes the game faster paced. Just my thoughts, anyone else think this is true?

Korn
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I think you have a point kornholio. I think the reason for the SG kills going down is the NTF mod. The tesla can steal kills from your SG pretty easily. Just my 1 1/2 cents.
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NEO mod didn't effect it as much as you tink because the Engy slots are always filled on the NEO servers. There was abit of a drop but with the etection of spies by the MG the SGs stayed up longer on a NEO server as well. This was just the start of the decline.

IMHO The big drop has been since the SG Killer award. I find myself getting 1 or 2 kills per SG I buld if I'm lucky. It is almost imnpossible to keep a SG up, let alone get it to LVL 3. I've even been playing a few games on TV 1 lately where they never had an Engy on either team the entire map. This sure makes for quicker captures in most cases.

This isn't bad, in fact it should have been this way before but the STATS kept SOME people from committing Suicide to take out a SG.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although people tend to take out sg's more than before, I hope this doesn't discourage people from going engy. I still go engy every now and then and it is much harder to keep an sg up. It's a combination of things. From the sg killa award to the fact that everyone knows where the places sg's are placed. Now, I prime nades coming around corners just because I am expecting an sg to be there! Ah, character choices fluctuate back and forth all the time.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will even out given a little time...by the way, thanks to the 3 engies who all built sgs side by side on the ledge over looking cap3 in avanti...2 grenades later I had 1 engie and 3 sgs kills...lol
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly I like less Sg's and more fighting classes. The personel fights are so much fun and defending the church in avanti with no SG's is a great challenge and leeds to good games for me.

But it really dosen't matter as long as over all we have a little of each and a lot of it all.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: