FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/11

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Reply with quote

Five years ago today, on a teusday morning, september 11th, 19 men took it apon themselves to attack the United States and it's people.

Regardless of your political views and the countries of your origin, if you can find it in your hearts and souls to have the victims of these attacks in your thoughts and prayers, please do so.

Remember, the 11th of September.

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory has always been bad, except for that day. I still rember everything I did that day.

I woke up and went down stairs, my mom was watching the news. The first plane had already hit. I turn to see the TV just as the second plane hits.

I was on the hiway going to school when the first tower fell. And the second tower fell just after I got into the university parking deck.

I can still see the shock on everyone's face at school. No one could believe it. Then came the announcement that all classes had been canceled. I found my friends and we immedately went to the student center. The building was packed, every TV on with everyone tring to find out what was happening. Then came the Pentagon and 93. Then the order to evacuate the campus. Most of Akron cleared out. No one knew who had attacked us yet, just that they had. And while not a large city compared to New York or DC, Akron's reputation as the rubber capital, and the university's polymer science building made the are a theoritical target if it was a major country attacking using our own planes.

In one day our contry was crippled. Not just New York and DC, but the whole country. They hurt us that day, but paid dearly when we retaliated.

That day I learned alot. I learned what happens when you let fear take over. But I also learned what strength the human spirt has, because in the days following we were invincible. We were one country.

I do not believe in this "freedom towers" they are going to build. I believe the WTC should be rebuilt to show that they can try ot knock us down, but we will stand back up. Sadly not many have this view. but we all do share one thing...

We Will Never Forget
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remeber it well too. It was especially home-hitting for me. My baby daughter Kelsea was 2 months old. It made me wonder if I had done the right thing by bringing an other life into this world. I didn't want my daughter to have to grow up in the middle of World War 3. When I got to work, nobody was working, just huddled in the lunch room watching the news. I cried for all those people who lost someone close. It also made me realize how lucky I am to have all the blessings I do. How lucky am I to be so well taken care of that I can enjoy a hobby like gaming! A heart felt thank you goes out to all the families who lost someone. Thank you because now I know how sweet my life is!

September 11, 2001 will NEVER be forgotten

eternalVillealliance
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
September 11, 2001 will NEVER be forgotten

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Backwardsman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to all of those people how have died i pray for you all...god bless you..all of you will never be forgotton....

Thanks Srontium for the sig...!!
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwardsman wrote:
to all of those people how have died i pray for you all...god bless you..all of you will never be forgotton....

well said sir

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this KK. Last night my station all got together and went to dinner. We carried with us a large poster with the pictures and names of all 343 firefighters that died that day.

It makes me upset to know there is still a hole in the ground five years later. Regardless of what gets built, I think the United States should have started it by now.

Did anyone catch James Woods on Leno last night? I wonder how much of what he said was true?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should also remember everyone who as lost their lives since that day fighting the war on terror, that day was just the start.

God Bless them all.

www.3foottall.com
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v.o.c wrote:
God Bless them all.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i remember so clearly and i cant remeber last week!
i changed my tag for that day, its amazing how many ppl were like "wats 9/11" i hope they were kidding (i think they were) but all the same. i lost my great uncle in the twin towers, it was a very sad day

thank you strontium for the sig!
how many windows you know that come witha troll?-hoss delgado
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Tiju

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=[[hOt sAuCe]]=-tAcObElL wrote:
yeah i remember so clearly and i cant remeber last week!
i changed my tag for that day, its amazing how many ppl were like "wats 9/11" i hope they were kidding (i think they were) but all the same. i lost my great uncle in the twin towers, it was a very sad day

sorry to hear that tacobell

one of my good friends lost a couple relatives in the attack

yeah my memory sux but i actually remember that day...everyone should remember the day that changed our generation...

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
loka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9/11 hit Boston hard because many of those people on the planes were from Massachusetts/New England area.

I remember in school one girl had to leave because her uncle was the pilot of the plane. Some people who died on the planes were graduates of the high school I attended.

My girlfriend at the time was also suppose to start her first day at a job in one of the towers. Fortunately she woke up late, and got a delayed timing of arriving in ground zero before the Towers collapsed.

9/11 should always be remembered, but never an example for political correctness. That's just shallow, and selfish.

Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not watched this video you need to. This is a home video from 500 yards away 36 floors up. This is unedited and does not have all the media hype.

http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686

It is very intense.

xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also remeber the day like it was yesterday.
I was on my way to a client's office - and on the local radio station they interrupted a song and the guys on the station started talking about what was happeneing - a plane had just hit the tower and they were trying to figure out what was going on.

I got to a client's office and didn't put anymore thought into it. I had to get a part for their network, so I ran over to Best Buy and happened to notice a lot of people were by the big screen tvs. So I went over and was watching with about 50+ other people in Best Buy when the 2nd plane hit. I couldn't believe it. Everyone just stood there looking at eachother and not saying anything. It was obviously deliberate and no one knew what to say. It was like a train wreck, I couldn't stop watchin replays. Finally I said quielty, "this is going to be a big f****ng mess". And walked away.

When I got back to my client's office, they were sending people home, and Minneapolis had cleared out the IDS tower downtown Minneapolis, lots of organizations were sending people home. I called some people to see what they were doing and what they had planned to do the rest of the day. Most people were headed home to be with their famalies and locate those they know in NY and the surrounding area.

I went to a local bar (lived alone) and sat with my friends and watched tv.
Kixx
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That day is also a bad one for me, I was doing service work, and was riding in my truck to my first customers house. Listening to the radio, of course I heard about the first plane hitting the tower. THen I got to my first stop and the guys house I went to he was watching the coverage on TV, and then the second plane hit just as I started watching the TV, thats when we both looked at each other and of course knew for sure this wasn't an accident.
Coming from Washington, DC area, I have alot of relatives and friends who work for the Federal Government in the city and outlying areas. My Aunt Judy worked at the Pentagon at the time, and when I heard that had been hit as well, it really hit home with me. She was lucky and made it out with no problems, ironically, one of the offices that was destroyed in the attack was her old office she had just switched from a few months earlier.....
Taco, sorry to hear about your Great-uncle.

Kixx

Kixxin' Azz in DoD ~
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: