FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Yet another reason to hate EA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of real advertising in games. It will add some more realism, and I'm sure they will find cool ways to incorporate them into the maps to look realistic.

And about esclusive rights, isn't the company that sells the rights just as guilty as the company that buy the rights? EA is just doing what they can to make money, but it's up to the other companies to decide whether or not to sell.

In conclusion, I don't hate EA any more than I hate any other major corporation...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lt.Tango
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to complain about a big company doing bad things why dont you look in too walmart. I dont think Ea with exculsives have put people out of bussines. EA is just like any other company in the world. They will do anything in there mean to make more money out of less. They dont care the Little billy down the street cant get NFL game 2k for his N64 and Take Two doesnt care that Stevie cant fet MLB O7 for his Dreamcast. They do this too make money. Its just like Pepsi only being sold at KFC and Coke at McDonalds. But I dont see you making a post about you hate KFC because you cant get your 9 piece bucket and a Coke.

I dont know why you have this hatred for EA. I realy Dont care. I have a lot of EA games and love them. Maybe its just me. It your right not to like them but do us all a favor and dont come in and tell us how much you hate them. You shouldnt hate anyone just because you dont like what they are doing. I dont hate you because you dont like EA. Its just want every company does to make some extra cash. So just remember if your going to hate EA hate EVERY company in the world for trying to make money. OR move to Cuba

Just my two cents

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." John Lennon
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt.Tango wrote:
If you want to complain about a big company doing bad things why dont you look in too walmart. I dont think Ea with exculsives have put people out of bussines. EA is just like any other company in the world. They will do anything in there mean to make more money out of less. They dont care the Little billy down the street cant get NFL game 2k for his N64 and Take Two doesnt care that Stevie cant fet MLB O7 for his Dreamcast. They do this too make money. Its just like Pepsi only being sold at KFC and Coke at McDonalds. But I dont see you making a post about you hate KFC because you cant get your 9 piece bucket and a Coke.

I complain about them because they do alot more stuff then just that, refer to what i quoted a few posts back. Your KFC example is alot different, Its not like the only place you can buy pepsi is in KFC. Plus it's the other way around, soda companies dont pay fast food resturaunts to use thier soda, the fast food resturaunts just choose a certain one as thier retailer and pay them.
all-star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually soft drinks do pay stores to only carry their products. because they have to make up the revenue that a store would have carrying both items. cause i know people who will only by coke and vice versa for pepsi. so a store now only carrying one of the items will lose companies, but they get that monney back cause the soft drink payed them to only carry that item

its the same thing in movies like i said before which you didn't understand mike.

the soft drink companies pay the movie producers or directors to incorperate only their product into the movie, thus they have exclusive rights to advertise their product in that movie

and i couldn't of put it better tango

and i mentioned its a good thing for EA to buy exclusive rights to nfl and porche etc cause it motivates for the competitors to change direction and make other games, possible games with less competition, and new gameplay. i don't wanna have 3 NFL games where they are all the same :\ (generally the same pretty much, yes i know they have their differences, but come on how many different ways are there to play a game of football?)
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soda in movies example isnt related to the exclusive rights discussion because its not like only certain stores can sell coke, Its just an ad in a movie. I also doubt coke pays for the millions of cokes sold in mcdonalds each day, mcdonalds just probably gets a contract with a price cut.

Quote:

and i mentioned its a good thing for EA to buy exclusive rights to nfl and porche etc cause it motivates for the competitors to change direction and make other games, possible games with less competition, and new gameplay. i don't wanna have 3 NFL games where they are all the same :\ (generally the same pretty much, yes i know they have their differences, but come on how many different ways are there to play a game of football?)

thats a good idea but it leaves publishers no incentive to make thier games better because they dont have competition, thats why I don't like exclusive contracts being sold to publishers.
all-star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats if the publisher is known for making shitty games. but i remember when madden 05 came out for pc, everyone i knew was playing it online then cs, lol

i think the way they are going with madden games they aren't really lacking of anything
loka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all-star wrote:
yeah thats if the publisher is known for making shitty games. but i remember when madden 05 came out for pc, everyone i knew was playing it online then cs, lol

i think the way they are going with madden games they aren't really lacking of anything

Madden is one of those games that will never lack anything because it's a sports game. Madden has been around for how long now? 17 years now?

When a game like that starts to get immemorial recognition it becomes harder to try to add anything because in the 17 year radius they have exhausted all efforts, and the only thing that changes now is music, and the team rosters.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: