FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
F.E.A.R

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: F.E.A.R Reply with quote

Was released as a free dl now. I guess its going the same route as RTCW:Enemy Territory did.

Anyone check it out yet??

http://files.filefront.com/FEAR+Combat+FREE+Multiplayer/;5417592;;/fileinfo.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might need this info also.

F.E.A.R. Multiplayer to be made available for free.
http://www.joinfear.com

08-08-2006 - Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R.™ (First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:
- 10 Multiplayer Game modes.
- 19 Multiplayer Maps.
- 12 different weapons.
- Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
- The capability to download user generated content.

To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.[/quote].http://www.joinfear.com - Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R.™ (First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.F.E.A.R. Combat features:- 10 Multiplayer Game modes.- 19 Multiplayer Maps.- 12 different weapons.- Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.- The capability to download user generated content.To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
.Nazi.Slaya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for a few days - and now im dl'ing it! w00tsauce

[deviantART] [Portfolio] [Able 6]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
all-star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a pirates dream, not having to pay for the game in order to play it online

that only happens every once and awhile
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that there is going to be a F.E.A.R. tourney with a prize of $15,000. I have no firther info on the subject but that would be awesome.

EDIT: Google found this: http://forums.vugames.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28434&tstart=0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey rancor, don't be such a stranger!

FEAR looks like a cool game, and its FREE! I'm gonna check it out.

eternalVillealliance
regis
Guild Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think the free multiplayer looks good, try getting full single player version. retail only i believe. it will blow you away! also play it in the dark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regis wrote:
If you think the free multiplayer looks good, try getting full single player version. retail only i believe. it will blow you away! also play it in the dark

yes, this must ONLY be played in the dark.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
all-star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, F.E.A.R. is a little bit more creepier/scarier then Doom 3. but Doom 3 is alot longer of a game, and has alot more bonechilling/scary jump at you parts in the game. F.E.A.R. only has that on a few ocations, but definatly not as much as Doom 3. So Doom 3 gets my vote for being more thrilling/scary.

im still playing through Fear right now, im just taking my time and not wasting it. its a good game and all, but i wouldn't like the multiplayer, i don't think the physics would fit me well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: