FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Canada has special forces, i had no clue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillieJean
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Canada has special forces, i had no clue Reply with quote

JTF2 (Joint Task Force 2)

I was looking up Pathfinder courses in the CF and found these guys check these sites out http://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/freedom/secretarmy.html
http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=397

Some pics http://www.dcds.forces.gc.ca/units/jtf2/pages/gallery_e.asp

I know stuff like this is common in the U.S. and Brittan. I was born and raised in Canada and have never heard of JTF2, even on regular Canadian forces sites their not shown. If you read the first site I have posted, down the page you will find that some of these guys have issues. This gets me thinking as a Canadian, our government does a lot more behind doors then we think.
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known about them since I came here!
JTF2 have been on Global News several times being shown linked to missions in Afghanistan.
Similar to British SAS although I'm not sure if the level of training is the same. With the Liberal government cutbacks, the armed services in Canada are shockingly underfunded and under-equipped.

I could rant about the green uniforms in Afghanistan, the Sea Kings that are only allowed to fly certain times or the purchase of mothballed British subs.... but I would only get angry.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BillieJean
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol guess i should watch the new more....
BillieJean
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i mean news
BillieJean
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
With the Liberal government cutbacks, the armed services in Canada are shockingly underfunded and under-equipped.

I could rant about the green uniforms in Afghanistan, the Sea Kings that are only allowed to fly certain times or the purchase of mothballed British subs.... but I would only get angry.

Stephen Harper changing all that. Going to take a while but were in the right direction
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the better????....ok ok, I'll spare you and I won't start on this again.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BillieJean
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA wrote:
For the better????....ok ok, I'll spare you and I won't start on this again.

-GaNjA

I am not a war dog. When you look at Canada’s recent history it’s for the better, it took the death of 10 solders and 2 crashes before the liberal government decided they should buy new choppers for the navy. Solders were sent into Hattie with no body armor and no gloves to guard an international airport. It took us weeks to get relief to the Tsunami victims because are Hercules air craft were too small to move the necessary equipment; we had to rent cargo planes, to make things worse (no heavy lift choppers) we couldn’t airlift the equipment we had to drive to the location. A sailor was electrocuted to death because of water leaking into our sub, which was in very bad shape. In more than one case fighter pilots die in accidents because our ejection seats in our CF-18 are old (I think it’s because the neck snaps when shoot deploys) and in these cases could have been prevented with upgraded seats. Can't remember in which case New Orleans Hurricane or War against terrier, on the way our destroyer engine broke down and the ship was stranded at sea until the engine was replaced. Our mountain warfare troops tie knots in ropes instead of using harnesses. Until a couple of months ago we were still using WW2 artillery canons. This is just what I know of. Oh yah mentioned by StrontiumDog green camouflage in the desert um… not smart

As you can see the up grades will save more lives then kill.
fuhrer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTF2 was involved in very early missions in Afghanistan, and yeah they were well publisized on the news. Yay for us!
The Tiju

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillieJean wrote:

As you can see the up grades will save more lives then kill.

thats good to hear, its pretty bad when the government fails its soldiers through lack of equipment and supplies

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly didn't even know Canada had an ARMY until I saw this OLD looking Canuck soldier here in Baghdad. I think he was just lost and looking for directions thou.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
You'reinSoup

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clothing Canadian soldiers wore into Afghanistan was actually not all that bad considering how quickly the earliest versions of CADPAT faded.

Canada's also creating a new unit called CSOR (Canadian Special Operations Regiment) From what I hear, they'd be kinda like the Canadian equivalent of the American Rangers.
BillieJean
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSOR (Canadian Special Operations Regiment), nice bringing back the Airborne Commandos, just softening up the name. We want to keep Canadian forces names friendly…. Yah....lol but if they called them Airborne Commandos, there would be wide spread protesting.

Back in Somalia four or five Commandos were charged for beating POWS I think to death and for this the entire unit was disband. You ask why they disband the whole unit for a couple of dum *****, government officials need spending money for #Beer .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: