FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD Mishaps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeaconFrost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: DoD Mishaps Reply with quote

Dunno if this has been posted before but i thought it'd make for good convo. Whats the worst thing thats happend to you in DoD. Lag issues, too dark, teammate just shot me... 3 times, etc. Whatever it is post it up.

Heres mine:
1. PPL on my team not working as a team.
2. My optical mouse freaking out and causing me to spin out of control.
3. Shots not always registering.
4. I shoot but nothing happens cuz i died just afterwards.
5. Getting the first shot at the enemy (w/mg's) but still dying.

Those are the top 5, but that whole ppl not working as a team thing really makes me mad. I mean REALLY. I've broken keyboards and mice from ppl either doing stupid stuff such as going afk in doorways or mg-ing down our entire team by accident then the entire enemy team gets by (while not seeing him and letting him live) because he was typing out "sorry im new" or something of that sort.

If i start to get really super mad i just have to leave... and that doesnt help cuz then im mad that i still wanna play and i have to stop cuz of some non-teamplaying morons. Speaking of which, to save myself from having to get more keyboards or mice etc. I simply will not be on a team anymore, if that team refuses to work together.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
loka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people who take the game too serious.

thats why i dont bother logging in.

vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, what do you expect? these are pub servers not everyone will play together as a team. people just want to go around and have fun. Sometimes you should just play for fun too . I know how it is sometimes for people not to listen and you could get really frustrated and upset. Just remember if you have a mic dont press down and start swearing, dont be a fool dont lose your cool
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and there will be lots of "new" people trying the game out - that's the joys of a public server... We were all new once and people do make genuine mistakes. We still do. Frosty still gets mad at me for leaving MG42s lying around

Team play is part of DoD and you'll notice that it's a big part of The Ville. I'm glad you like the idea of working with your teammates...but it isn't always gonna be that way... You will realize that certain people will be fun to play with and as vTec says fun is really important.

As for your mouse...talk to Preacherman whose mouse is possessed. His always seems to make him look up in the sky at random and often critical times. Has he fixed it yet...? Is there a fix? You'd think he could exorcize the demons in his mouse being a holy man and all that.....

As for shots registering/people killing you before they do even though you fired at them........it's all part of the game. The same thing will often happen in reverse. Now if you mean "when three of us run into a house, why do I always get killed first".....dunno - it always happens to me... Think Think Think Think

Fortunately mowing one's own team will not be possible playing DoD at The Ville as FF is off. However, if you play DoD:Source on TV1, be careful... as FF is on!

We love to have you around...but please remember that fun is what really matters!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DeaconFrost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i know about the whole pub situation not gonna work like a swat team or an oiled war machine. But i do expect some common courtesy when it comes to simple commands and tasks.

IE: Cap the flag instead of just running past it, dont go afk in doorways or my personal "fav" picking a sniper or mg class and camping an absoloutly useless spot like a wall or... door to our spawn.

Just simple stuff like that and yes i know its just a game, but for me if its DoD or checkers it doesnt matter i have fun by winning. More so in this case i have fun when my team is working to help each other. Now i'll obviously be unahappy when i die and i understand that the game has its mechanical flaws but it doesnt mean i gots to like it

I dunno if there was more i wanted to put here but im kinda tired so.. uhm yeah g'nite

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate getting blocked in doorways with primed nade in hand.

...or picking up primed nades lol

oh, and Deacon, try to be patient with people. I greatly appreciate your passion for team play

eternalVillealliance
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: DoD Mishaps Reply with quote

DeaconFrost wrote:

Heres mine:
1. PPL on my team not working as a team.
2. My optical mouse freaking out and causing me to spin out of control.
3. Shots not always registering.
4. I shoot but nothing happens cuz i died just afterwards.
5. Getting the first shot at the enemy (w/mg's) but still dying.
[/color]

You should find that most of the regulars play as a team. Yes it is just a game but teamplay is part of the game. If u don't want to play as a team just play the game solo and don't go online! I mean what is the point.
My team play is slightly different - I use myself as cannon fodder to assist the person hiding behind me to find the opposition.

My mouse (as Strontium says) goes possessed - I run round a corner then spin looking up in the air - Optical mouse not the best idea - but have a few mice and don't wanna change it (ok can't be bothered to go downstairs and get another one).

AS to the other things u don't like - we all have them to

My biggest hate is that if 5 of us run arounda corner (and I am in the middle) I am the only one to die - go figure - however with all the other hacklers around me maybe that aint such a surprise

Oh - but don't leave cos someone/thing is annoying u - there are people around that maybe can help - teamplay - just look for the TPF and they/we will work together to make this a better world

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
DeaconFrost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: DoD Mishaps Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
Yes it is just a game but teamplay is part of the game. If u don't want to play as a team just play the game solo and don't go online! I mean what is the point.

Thanks, i couldnt have put it better myself. With Half life, Half life 2, several Medal of Honors, several Call of Duties, Pariah, F.E.A.R., Halo, Halo 2, several Quakes, and countless other FPS games ALL having a standard deathmatch or team deathmatch mode. What would the point of joining a team game such as DoD, and playing it solo? At the very least i ask that the "solo" players continue to push to the enemy while team players cap flags and win the rounds for us.

Sure people might join it just to have some fun and get a few frags. But keep in mind while your doing that, your going to have to take into consideration the other people in the server and more importantly the people on your team. Something you do, or dont do. May cause others to suffer. "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction", my solo fun may be another teammates bad game.

A personal note on myself. I'm actually a fairly paitent guy. I started my FPS life out as a sniper, waiting and watching. Hiding and looking for the right time to strike. Then my instincts of teamplay kicked in and i wanted to see what it was like being on the offense. See where the best and worst spots to attack from were. To see how i could better offer sniper support should my offense need it. As a result it made me a better rounded player, not only could i do sniper support more efficently but i also found that if my team needed help with another class, i was the guy they could ask to do it for them. Hence is why in TFC i went all over the place, from sniper - engineer - medic - Soldier and so forth Untill i pretty much could play as anything.

It on the other hand has kinda been my downfall, since i do play as so many different classes. I tend to never be "the best" at any sort of class, i rather am a jack of trades. I admit i have a fairly off the wall temper, but it usualy takes a great deal to get me there. Thus is why (as i stated before) i just will just leave the server, rather than hitting that talk key and spewing forth enough vulgarities to prolly ban my bloodline from the ville

The Tiju

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when 3iron gets by the sandbags in the house by tank on Donner and just shoots me again and again and theres no way i can kill him because he hacks way too much...

i also dont like it when im minding my own business and FOPP i die...cmon i was just trying to kill some ppl peacefully and i get a shovel to the back of the neck...that just isnt cool

hmmm...i hate the fact that my hacks dont work anymore...all the regulars found anti-tiju hacks and just dominate me now

i think that pretty much sums most of it up...

oh yeah i also hate it when im just destroyin the enemy team, but my team doesnt move up at all then all of a sudden vTec pops outta nowhere and puts a k98 bullet through my head...that always bugs me, well vHack killing me just bugs me all the time cause he HACKS!!!!

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
bigfoot hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate priming a nade and "lose" it only to find I'm actually standing on it. That drives me nuts.

Of course the fact that I'm my worst enemy in that I usually run directly into fire over and over. Do I ever learn? Do I spend some time to plot a more stealthy course? Nah. I don't play for stats (mine are below bad) I know that i'll respawn and get the chance to do it over.

Maybe my blundering path will reveal enemy positions to my team mates. I like to help out whenever I can.

I have a lot of fun on the ville. A really cool bunch of cats to play with and admin does a pretty good job of keeping retards out.

Homer Simpson
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:
i hate it when 3iron gets by the sandbags in the house by tank on Donner and just shoots me again and again and theres no way i can kill him because he hacks way too much...
i also dont like it when im minding my own business and FOPP i die...cmon i was just trying to kill some ppl peacefully and i get a shovel to the back of the neck...that just isnt cool
hmmm...i hate the fact that my hacks dont work anymore...all the regulars found anti-tiju hacks and just dominate me now
i think that pretty much sums most of it up...
oh yeah i also hate it when im just destroyin the enemy team, but my team doesnt move up at all then all of a sudden vTec pops outta nowhere and puts a k98 bullet through my head...that always bugs me, well vHack killing me just bugs me all the time cause he HACKS!!!!

As u may already have noticed I don't use the Tiju hack - we all drew straws and again I lost - the fun thing is that we all use ventrilo so we can tell stevo where u r - the reason why we don't move up is cos we like to watch u die

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
Pink boots
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys since your on the topic of team play I'm using the opportunity to just let you know I really want to help the team when and where ever I can. I know that sometimes it must look like I just ignore some people, well I'm not. My English is terrible, and most of the time I have no Idea what you guys are talking about LOL. Thats also why I almost never talk. So I'm really not rood I'm just blond.
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink boots wrote:
and most of the time I have no Idea what you guys are talking about LOL.

Thats probably a good thing Pink, I understand what there talking about and I'm still confused and I'm not blond at least not all the time.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try not to understand....
It's easier that way....

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that i dislike the most is when I'm being all stealthy and hidden sneaking behind enemy lines as i most of times do. And I've found a good spot to hide while i wait for the opportune time to cap a flag or such and a teammate comes along and starts shooting out or otherwise draws attention to my hiding spot getting me killed in the process.

The lost nade syndrome hates me as well as the whole, throwin a primed nade to only have it bounce off a teammate who jumps suddenly and have it blow up in my face.

My second most peeve is when you get killed say behind your forward line and hardly anyone from the front line will backtrack to kill the enemy leaving them to set themselves up in a defensible position or sometimes capping the last flag
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: