FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
time to panic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.B.Cooper
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ganja i will share.....

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is not really hatred. I was just exaggerating to get a point accross. Like you said, there were several others doing the panic thing and various other binds. I made up the panic thing and made a bind, but I didn't expect it to catch on like it did. It was intended to be something I would say every once in a while. I thought it was getting a little out of hand myself, but I didn't think too much of it. I thought it was all for fun.

Now this thread started with the intent to discuss the panic spam, which I think was referring to everyone who was using it, not just me. Then the first reply singled me out, and it went downhill from there.

I think this panic spam actually got to some of your heads and caused this huge outburst of panic in the forums. There really is no need to panic this much about something this trivial. There could have been a much more civil and rational way of dealing with this.

Now I think we should all catch our breath and relax for a while. Maybe some of you will look at your posts and realize how rediculous this whole thing has gotten....

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kixx
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love you all

Kixx was here

PS. what popping noise...I am confused!!!!!

Kixxin' Azz in DoD ~
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loka wrote:
Stevo is great to play with along with many of the others including Frosty, oXo, pink, etc.

And what about FUSE ......i'm shocked that i was only included in the "etc" part lol jk.

Well.....I don't mind a "Don't panic" to pop up every so often. Same concept as loka's "Dont look at my boobs" lol. But I love to panic AND look at boobs so....I dunno i have no complaints lol. But things like mic spam or chat spam happen every so often but I don't complain about it unless it's some 10yr old who just started playing on the server. The phrases I don't mind every so often because we've all got them. I dunno.....I say we drop it and have my post be the last post in this thread to avoid any further discomfort between us Villuns.

I love TheVille

FUSE.TVR -V$-

Last edited by FUSE on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Backwardsman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed

Thanks Srontium for the sig...!!
loka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUSE wrote:
loka wrote:
Stevo is great to play with along with many of the others including Frosty, oXo, pink, etc.

And what about FUSE ......i'm shocked that i was only included in the "etc" part lol jk.

you will enjoy etc!!!

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, this is great, we have a serious drama post here again

Its been so long that I cant even remember the last one.

I will throw my two bits worth in here for whatever its worth.

First off, Stevo is a long time reg and a long time supporter of the Ville, I respect him greatly for that. I know he has done lots for the Ville to help make it a fun place to play at and I will also agree that he has taken spamming to the highest levels of the art

Its sad that this thread got down to an attacking Stevo thread, but it no doubt was due to how the thread started, complaining about one of his binds. I know of many people on our servers that have binds although I cant say that they get used as much as Stevos. What has happened with Stevos "dont panic" is that its caught on. I have seen many others saying similar things after he types one, either in reply or otherwise. Heck, I know that as an admin I tend to spam the Csays with dont panic just to keep the mood light.

There are rules as others have mentioned, and the admins enforce them with good judgement and lots of restraint IMHO. If someone gets out of hand on a server and an admin is present, well the matter will be taken care of.

I truely believe that Stevo and anyone else's typing can be a distraction in game, but its never done with an evil intent, its always done with fun being the driving motivation. I truely believe that all the regs here are just trying to enjoy the game as well as let others have fun playing here.

Hell, look at Elroy, the Ville whipping, errr, slapping boy. He really enjoys getting slapped around the maps, and I know its a heck of a lot of fun slapping him around and watching people reactions. (Thanks Elroy, your the best person I have slapped in ages )

What it all comes down to IMHO again is about having fun, different people find different forms of gameplay to be fun and what one person enjoys doing may annoy the heck out of another person. Just enjoy the game and if someone is annoying you with their actions, just remember its only a game, have a little thicker skin and try to have fun.

K, thats all from the JD front, cya in game, and dont panic! (just think, wouldnt it have been annoying if the Kilaaks all said DUNT PAKUK !!)
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully said, JD.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
Beautifully said, JD.

Yeah, I think he summed it up pretty well!

Don't blame me, blame JD...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fist of Kilaak
KILAAK WHO TALKS TOO MUUCH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUNT PANUK!!
Lt. Black

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I'm never around when Stevo is, so I can't complain.

Take note of that, too, because I usually always have something to complain about.

Always.

Unless of course I'm shoveling the lot of you as you pop out of the sewer.

Never gets old.

Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fist of Kilaak wrote:
DUNT PANUK!!

EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
psyduck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see the need to mute him. the popping i can see as annoying and the spam as well but it's easy to ignore as well. i hardly talk to anyone or write out anything and mainly pay attention to sound and it doesn't bother me at all. i think stevo has some attention issues but other than that it's real easy to ignore.
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fist of Kilaak wrote:
DUNT PANUK!!

RUN STOOPID HEWMANS RUN...
they're back...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loka wrote:
FUSE wrote:
loka wrote:

you will enjoy etc!!!

At least u got included there!!! - but not shocked about that

Any how - just to add in my wee bit - I find it fun when anyone does the don't panic (for me it reminds me of Dads Army, old British show, which was set in Britain during the WWII - which is fitting for DOD)

And Stevo this is not directed at u - but I have a little problem with the WTF (cos every time I c it I say it (crap there I go again) - oops maybe that is directed at u . WTF is not really pushing the language but MIGHT entice someone else to push it further (however that is their problem and an evil admin will deal with them)

Stevo keep up all the good work u do and keep having fun - and we can all keep having fun - and slapping Ellroy - I must do that a little more often (note to self)

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: