FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
time to panic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that I agree for what ever its worth. It is a game and yes it's all about having fun, but at the same time it gets way out of hand; to the point that you cant even play the game. I wish source was the answer but thats for another thread. Thank you shuya, for bringing this to light and thank you squirrel for backing it up as it is indeed getting out of hand. Sure it can be funny when the odd comment of banana or something crazy comes out of no where, but at the same time. What is and isn't spam, which I thought was frowned apon. #Beer

So I guess you know what grinds my gears...

-GaNjA(Proud Owner of Rohans Soul)

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MAKAVELI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided not to panic about "time to panic!" I am as guilty as anyone with mic psychobabbling. I will do the best I can to keep my mouth shut. However, I must admit that this will take a mircle from Jesus in order to do so. Please pray for MAKA.

Maybe if I play the game with a banana in my mouth this will be the solution.

You Villians are the bomb.

MAKA
Willie Busserhimen
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP PANICKING!

Willie Busserhimen.v-V$
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know Stevo is the king of spam. Don't follow in his footsteps unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences.

eternalVillealliance
cpt.diesalot
Guild Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto the panicking thing is stupid.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot thing on Source is beginning to annoy a few people. I've had one or two people complaining....

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I, alone, caused this much havoc on the server. Sorry if a .2 second pop interrupted urgent messages and caused terrible losses. Sorry for everything I said that wasn't completely serious and necessary for the team. I'm sorry that I made a chat bind. I'm sorry that the Marines never won a single game (except for all those other times) when I was playing NS a few years ago.

I have unbound that key, and I will refrain from poping on the mic or saying something not serious. Squirrel will mute me the first instance of something not serious as long as he is on the server. He probably has a key bound. Although it makes me a little angry, maybe it is for the best, as it will protect a few people from major annoyances.

One more thing, sorry if anything I said above was not 100% serious. I'm just not the serious type...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Sorry if I, alone, caused this much havoc on the server. Sorry if a .2 second pop interrupted urgent messages and caused terrible losses. Sorry for everything I said that wasn't completely serious and necessary for the team. I'm sorry that I made a chat bind. I'm sorry that the Marines never won a single game (except for all those other times) when I was playing NS a few years ago.

I have unbound that key, and I will refrain from poping on the mic or saying something not serious. Squirrel will mute me the first instance of something not serious as long as he is on the server. He probably has a key bound. Although it makes me a little angry, maybe it is for the best, as it will protect a few people from major annoyances.

One more thing, sorry if anything I said above was not 100% serious. I'm just not the serious type...

...are you being serious?

eternalVillealliance
shuya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can do whatever u guys want in here its your server i just saw it as spam cuz there was so much it was crazy ,it must be my time of the month i <3 u guys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::hands shuya a tampon and midol::

#Beer

Pink boots
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loka wrote:
::hands shuya a tampon and midol::

#Beer

LOL

Stevo, it's sad to read all these very serious posts. It's a game it's all for fun. Everytime you say something I laugh. I enjoy listening to you.
The Tiju

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone this is just a game...have some fun with it...yes it does get a lil out of control sometimes but not enought to stop the stop panicking...

we are panicking bout not panicking which completely defeats the point of not panicking but a little panic over not panicking is a good thing

hopeuflly that makes a lil sense

PANIC!!!

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Squirrel will mute me the first instance of something not serious as long as he is on the server

That’s funny I don't remember saying it like that Think

powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuya i want to address something...these servers are not just stevo's servers...stevo is not an admin...stevo is not a server op... stevo is not the owner of the ville...stevo is a long time regular of the place...but he is none of the above mentioned things.

The ville is a public server and yes it does allow you to voice your opinions on how the place should be run or could be run...but one thing we will not allow from anyone no matter how long you've been here is to violate any of our rules. Stevo has done so and he has been addressed in private...mic spam or spamming text is kickable or banable offense it is up to the admin to deciede. Mic spamming is disruptive to the game, the players, and the feel of DOD, TFC, or CS. We do expect a certain type of conduct from our regulars and we do allow our regulars a little bit more wiggle room (every server does), because they earned it for being loyal, but there comes a time when that wiggle room runs out and we must act or stop the conduct by the regular or by anyone.

Also with these being public servers there are plenty of other places for people to play if they see our servers are filled with mic spamming or annoying people...and they will go to those servers and more than likely never return. We would like to try and keep everyone possible thus is the reason why we are very strict on this type of behavior.

Though i will admit we love stevo...he is a part of the ville and he is what makes us unique...do we get upset with him sure...but hey thats life and your not going to be happy with someone 100% of the time..if your lucky maybe you will like the person 60% of the time..anywho just wanted to address some things

Powdermilkman
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
Stevo wrote:
Squirrel will mute me the first instance of something not serious as long as he is on the server

That’s funny I don't remember saying it like that Think

You didn't but it came across like that to me as well.

It may not be Stevo's server, but without him it wouldn't be the same...just like you said...the regulars make the server what it is and without them (us) it's nothing but just another pub with a transient population.

I'm a supporter because I want to support this community....but not if the community is going to act like 3 year olds because someone else is having fun.

I'm just as bad as Stevo for doing the popping and not panicing when he and I are on teams and I would just like to say that I have been doing it simply out of fun. At no time when I've been on has anyone asked Stevo, or myself or anyone else for that matter, to stop, slow down, or otherwise change anything...and most people join in and have fun.

It's a god awful pitty that someone has taken this so seriously that it even gets addressed in the forums let alone addressed as a serious grievance to a rule that is NEVER enforced unless the "spam" is someone blaring music or cussing (thereby violating 2 rules).....but it's for damn sure never enforced on anyone who's just enjoying themselves....ever...at all...period.

And I've been on several times when admins and/or other players are carrying on everyday conversations about how their day went, work, etc... and NOTHING is said and you want to talk about stuff that has nothing to do with the game (the very definition of spam) then some random guys work day is definitely spam and it's not addressed......of course those conversations help the "home" feeling of the place...but so does this issue...it breaks the monotony.

Basically I feel a little let down and I'm actually shocked at how some of you admins have responded to this...something that was actually adding a little fun to a place that's seeing a reduced player population (during the times I play is what I'm refrencing here) and is, arguably, long past due for a map rotation change to break the monotony...which is just what the things like Stevo was bringing to us do...it adds, not detracts, to the atompshere, gives us something fun to breakup the dredges of getting our tails whipped....and is just generally goofy...which is a good thing.

At any rate I choose to be a supporter to this community because I had finally found a place that didn't take itself so damned seriously that fun could not be had.......I hope that doesn't go away...but given the general attitude of some of the responders in this thread that doesn't look good.

Stuff like that can go to far...I agree...and I see the point that some are trying to make...but if people are still allowed to talk about work, daily life, etc...without interference...then you guys really need to stop panicing about someone trying to have a little fun.

I'm sure these words will be looked at, barely, passed over, mostly, and generally in one ear and out the other...but I feel better now.

tot ziens....

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: