FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TeamFortress 2 is Getting released
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: TeamFortress 2 is Getting released Reply with quote

Well it is acutally coming out. IT will be realeased with Half Life 2 Episode 2:

":34 Newell's gone on to discuss the episodic-gaming business model. Short version: Valve likes it. It will even let them explore new types of gameplay in a new upcoming game called Portal (which seems to be a working title). It looks like they took the portal concept from Prey and slapped it on a gun--you can shoot them into walls and floors to solve all kinds of crazy puzzles, teleporting objects around and stuff. Looks like a total mindbender.

TEAM FORTRESS 2. WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? Hey, they're still making it! It's got a totally exaggerated, crazy art style now. Looks a little like Spy vs. Spy or No One Lives Forever, kind of a '60s spy feel. It's going to be the included multiplayer mode in Episode 2! Class-based, etc. You know the drill. Great news for shooter fans. We all thought this game was dead years ago.

And hey, Half-Life 2: Ep 2 will ship for Xbox 360 and PS3 simultaneously with the PC. The console games will basically include all of the HL2 back content, so you'll get everything on there that you can get on the PC. Who expected all this Valve news? "
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they may have ruined the way TF2 was supposed to be.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the LINK?

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its on gamespot. I've been search around for a while now trying to get as much info as i can. I'm hearing rumors that its basically TFC:S.
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
its on gamespot. I've been search around for a while now trying to get as much info as i can. I'm hearing rumors that its basically TFC:S.

Well, it that's the case, I'll just wait for Fortress Forever to be released. If anyone wants some info on that mod, I'll post a link.

Last I heard Newell mention anything on TFC was back in the winter, and he let on that TFC was a dead horse. This kinda gives one a clue as to why Valve won't allow any mention of Fortress Forever on the Steam forums.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad-Hammer wrote:
This kinda gives one a clue as to why Valve won't allow any mention of Fortress Forever on the Steam forums.

They wont because its not TFC when its posted on the TFC forums.

When i said it was basically TFC:S, it was just a rumor. I wouldn't know if it were true or not.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lies lies all lies jk here it the article , and the truth

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/halflife2episode2/news.html?sid=6154006

THe hAXis of evil
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to buy episode 1 before episode 2? Lame if I need to buy both to get tf2.
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
Do you have to buy episode 1 before episode 2? Lame if I need to buy both to get tf2.

no
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:

I am pretty sure all you have to do is get the next hl2 episode, and it comes with it. Then after that comes all the old school tfc people saying "omfg they ruined this game. The game was so much better back then, and i will never play it"......... I am gonna try it out I used to play a long time ago in like 1999 I think

THe hAXis of evil
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need screenshots of tf2!!!
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

group screenie of all tf2 classes in the article.

The only classes that i really don't like the looks of are the med and soldier, which are sadly my two favorite classes. Actually, the soldier seems fine, but i don't really like the look of his old looking rocket launcher. I also think that they'll take away alot of skills like bhopping and conc jumping simply because I can't picture that old doctor doing a hh across well and the game will be on consoles. Luckily FF is still being made so we'll all have veriety, but at the same time have a split TF community. Hopefully we can find out alot more about TF2's gameplay in the video next week.
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an opinion but the classes look like a cross between "A Toy Story" and "Small Soldiers"

junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That group screenie actually has me intrigued. With the havok physics engine, and source graphics this could be really really good. What is the possibilty of the old tfc server going to this or one of the ville servers going to this?

THe hAXis of evil
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad-Hammer wrote:
Just an opinion but the classes look like a cross between "A Toy Story" and "Small Soldiers"

agreed. apparently their cool original idea was so awesome, they had to ruin it by making TFC: Source

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: