FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jagd ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Jagd ? Reply with quote

New maps always need new definitions around the rules. So first question when an ally makes it up to the church, and starts killing axis. I have just been going off CAL rules that the moment they hit the ground outside the church they are fair game except for the church tower anyone up there is fair. Shooting into the church is against the rules imo, and also against CAL rules.

The next would be when allies are camping the sherman which seems to always be the last target. They get up in that hole in the building looking down on the sherman, and usually snipe, and mg from there. Imo anyone in that hole is fair game regardless of whether they are firing or not since they eventually will. The reason I ask on this is that it is directly out of there spawn.

And another thing mani mod must not work on Jagd because I have seen the timer go past 30 minutes several times.

THe hAXis of evil
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is a grey area, but definitely if they're firing at you, they're fair game. If they're coming out and will be firing at you....I think in this pariticular case it's also fair game, but we'll see what others say.

The timer runs over in 2 similar situations:

1) If the 30 min timer has ended but there's still time left on the round timer.

2) If winning the final round ties the game, even if it finishes after the 30 min timer is done, it'll do another round to get a winner. At least this is what I have been lead to believe.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with these rules. Allies shouldn't be shooting into the bomb depot, but camping around it seems to be alright because there are several exit options. All those holes in the Allied spawn where people camp were meant to be open to Axis fire. There shouldn't be any immune camping spots imo.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fair game except for shooting into the church. On the allied side I’m not sure I would call much of anything spawn camping, just give them a fair chance. You’re trying to keep them from getting to the objectives.

powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah on jagd i think positioning around the church or near the church as long as the person in question is not firing in the church is fair game...but as soon as he steps into or fires into the church then that would be spawn camping.

on the allies side i would say those holes are fair game to sit in and get fired on...i think the developers meant it to be this way as well

in all other cases if they are comming out of spawn and shooting at you then it is fair game and not spawn camping. There are several instances of needing to do this in Donner especially near the end flags where the allies and axis can sit on top of their little bunker and fire down...if they are firing im going to fire back and would assume any other reasonable person would do the same thing.

PMM
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
...but as soon as he steps into or fires into the church then that would be spawn camping.

PMM

Have you tested the new spawn clip feature they added? As allies you can't actually step through the doorway there is an invisible wall there to keep allies out

THe hAXis of evil
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i was unaware of this on many levels including i always have to play axis on that map because teams are unbalanced, when i do get to play allies i can never make that far, and blind ignorance to the fact there is an "invisible wall" feature added by valve....which means they had to be thinking...which means we are in trouble in some way.

PMM
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must have happened in Kalt too...!
Preacherman and I were on the server last night and he teleported me into Axis spawn (I was Allies)...and when I tried to run out, I couldn't get over the ramp.... An invisible wall in the way.
In fact I wonder how many maps have this now? I wonder if Flash has been fixed?

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flash has those giant sand bags in front though so its a lot harder to get in

pmm
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
It must have happened in Kalt too...!
Preacherman and I were on the server last night and he teleported me into Axis spawn (I was Allies)...and when I tried to run out, I couldn't get over the ramp.... An invisible wall in the way.
In fact I wonder how many maps have this now? I wonder if Flash has been fixed?

It was added on all official maps. So when one side wins on flash now you can actually run back, and hide in your spawn, and they can't follow.
No more jumping the sandbags on Anzio no more hopping the sandbags on Avalanche. It only clips the player though not bullets or nades so you can still get some of the that crap.

June 28th update change log
Added new Detonation game mode

Added two new Detonation maps: Jagd and Colmar

Added film grain and color correction cinematic effects while in spectator

Optimizations to the player animation blending system

Improved bullet and melee attack hit detection

Shortened the BAR reload time

Reduced recoil and fire delay on the Garand

Added CVAR cl_autorezoom - set to 0 to not rezoom sniper rifles and rocket weapons

Added new image-based texture blending shader

Added new light warping shader

Added new phong Shading/Rim Lighting on player models

Added support for bloom on DX8 video cards

Added vertex lighting to props

Fixed a case where players could get under terrain in Argentan

Made it more difficult for players to repeatedly block the same cap in order to rack up defend points

Fixed player being able to clear mg42 heat by undeploying and redeploying while reloading

Added blocking walls to enemy spawn entrances

Fixed stepping over window ledges in Avalanche

THe hAXis of evil
Lt. Black

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fair game" is now, and always will be defined as such: anything not wearing the same uniform that I am.

powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true you have a point Lt. Black but when does one become fair game is the issue here...which i stated how i view when one becomes fair game and how most admins and myself will follow.

PMM
ArtesMagae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: One thing Reply with quote

For the most part I agree with the general rule of not shooting into the church. I know you can't run into because of the barrier but can you still shoot into it?

Aside from that, I want to pose the problem with that solution. Although it is very rare, I have seen a couple times where a almost all exits are being camped by multiple people. This can really only be achieved by using grunts up close and MGs far from the exits. The MG does not shoot into the spawn but directly after exit, you are done.

My point is, even with the no shooting into church, it is possible to near completely lock the place down.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: One thing Reply with quote

ArtesMagae wrote:
can you still shoot into it?

Yes. As for the rest of your question, it is a pain in the bottom but a man in the church tower can stop that stuff.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't shoot into the church, but you're right, it is possible to prevent axis from leaving spawn, especially as there are only those two exits.

I have been able to sit near the end of the narrow alley on the way to the half track and shoot anyone coming out of Axis spawn but it feels too much like spawn camping, although I was quite a bit away from it....a bit like shooting into Allies spawn in 1.3 Donner....

If I see anyone inside that broken wall around the church, I warn them off.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: