FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
prodod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
It’s just nice seeing some of the 1.3 regulars trying source.

Lt. Black

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned, DoD:Source rots.

1.3 is superior, save for graphics, which aren't really a big deal. Maybe if Valve decides to fix up numerous weapons and classes they'll regain my faith, but not until.

junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
Quote:
I will refer to this post. It is pointless to argue with source haters. Vehement hatred however unjustified is unchangable. A lot has changed since the last update. I have been suprised with my time at the ville that so many 1.3ers are so hostile towards source. Go visit the DOD:S forums, and see how the prodod community treats people

Yet again, you have proven yourself to be a hypocrite who is blinded by their own opinion. I'm sorry if you've had poor relations with source-haters in the past, but as you've not offered any kind of formal arguement against any source-hater in this thread (or, for all I know, on this board) you've no right to say that it is pointless to argue with anyone.

I have no right to say it is pointless to argue with anyone?? OK... FLAME ON BROTHER FLAME ON>>>> Your first post starts out with shots at me then you say that being said you abhor source, and go on a four paragraph rant against it. You know why I don't post in the 1.3 forum section? because I haven't played it since last year, and I feel it is rude to go in there, and say your game sux for twenty different reasons.

Maybe I should ease up on the prodod guys, but him telling me that you can't hit 70% of what you aim at is imo just taking shots at source. Your statements that you couldn't hit someone 10 feet away while prone, and unloading an entire clip on them is something that we that actually play source consistently would have to seriously disagree with( even before the last update) So I await the next rant ....go.. FLAME ON FLAME ON #Onfire

THe hAXis of evil
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
Regardless of whether we play dod or it's source equilivant, the object is for us all to have fun with a few mates.

Absolutely.

Does it really matter which game is better? I play Source and DoD because I like the people I play with!

I'm finding both games are very similar and very enjoyable, but only because I've been playing them both for a while.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
preacherman wrote:
Regardless of whether we play dod or it's source equilivant, the object is for us all to have fun with a few mates.

Absolutely.

Does it really matter which game is better? I play Source and DoD because I like the people I play with!

I'm finding both games are very similar and very enjoyable, but only because I've been playing them both for a while.

I decide on which game to play based on who is currently playing on the servers. It really doesn't matter what game I'm playing, but who I'm playing with. But if you really can't stand a game, don't panic, because you can still play the other.

Like I said earlier, there's no reason for personal attacks here...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
Violent Pacifist wrote:
Quote:
I will refer to this post. It is pointless to argue with source haters. Vehement hatred however unjustified is unchangable. A lot has changed since the last update. I have been suprised with my time at the ville that so many 1.3ers are so hostile towards source. Go visit the DOD:S forums, and see how the prodod community treats people

Yet again, you have proven yourself to be a hypocrite who is blinded by their own opinion. I'm sorry if you've had poor relations with source-haters in the past, but as you've not offered any kind of formal arguement against any source-hater in this thread (or, for all I know, on this board) you've no right to say that it is pointless to argue with anyone.

I have no right to say it is pointless to argue with anyone?? OK... FLAME ON BROTHER FLAME ON>>>> Your first post starts out with shots at me then you say that being said you abhor source, and go on a four paragraph rant against it. You know why I don't post in the 1.3 forum section? because I haven't played it since last year, and I feel it is rude to go in there, and say your game sux for twenty different reasons.

Maybe I should ease up on the prodod guys, but him telling me that you can't hit 70% of what you aim at is imo just taking shots at source. Your statements that you couldn't hit someone 10 feet away while prone, and unloading an entire clip on them is something that we that actually play source consistently would have to seriously disagree with( even before the last update) So I await the next rant ....go.. FLAME ON FLAME ON #Onfire

No, you don't. It's not a flame. It wasn't an attack. It's a fact. If you havn't tried arguing with any source-haters (on this board) using a rationale arguement, you cannot lay claim that it is pointless to argue with them. Even then, you would need to have experienced several such occurences (again, on this board) to be able to justify a claim that ALL source-haters are incompetent. Heck, I even stated that I would try source again since the patch release seems to be a major improvement. That in itself nullifies your statement that it's pointless to argue with source-haters.

My first post doesn't take shots at you. It doesn't call you stupid, ignorant, arrogant, or anything else insulting. It calls you a hyprocrite. Though that may feel like a shot, it's a statement I did not make out of contempt, nor did I make without proper evidence.

A rant implies something is said or written in a violent manner. As my first post was anything but violent, it also wasn't a rant. I explained why I do not play source anymore using detailed examples. If I hadn't played source for a year, I would agree that it would be impolite to post why "it sucks". However, in my second post I explained that I last played source a month ago. I also state I have played it sufficiently over time to get a more than proficient feel for the game.
My first post wasn't making up random scenarios to explain why I don't play anymore. I have actually experienced said proning and missing situation several times. I have also had the roles reversed, and been the one who lived through such an attack several times. I'm sorry if you disagree with it, but it's not something I'm just making up.

Again, I didn't flame, I didn't take shots, I didn't rant, though I've had several opportunities to do so. If you decide to reply to me or anyone else, please do so in a calmer manner.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Mister X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
s.Squirrel wrote:
Mister X wrote:
There is no sprint strafing. Sprint jumping is impossible
This comment has me a little confused. Are you saying you can shoot while sprinting in 1.3?

He's just saying that you can't sprint sideways or jump while sprinting. I don't know if that's true, though, since I haven't really tried it.

That is what I meant Stevo!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: