FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
prodod
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: prodod Reply with quote

it will be the new mod for source ,comes out on the 17th i think

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets just hope cal will use it this time, unlike when prodod first came out, and was denied by a vote that it merely lost. if prodod becomes popular i will play source again
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never messed with it, but from what I've read the ProDoD for source sounds like a really nice mod designed to correct many "flaws" that valve doesn't seem to be addressing...i.e. the firing cone, etc...

I'll definitely take a look at it when it's released.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
all-star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played it when it first came out, the firing wasn't as exactly was 1.3 was, but it was pretty close

strafing and shooting with a k98 was accurate most of the time
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what exactly is prodod?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
So what exactly is prodod?

I had the same question so I did a Wiki....

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Prodod

Just a mod for DoD:S that is supposed to make it "competitive" for CAL... from what I can see....
Will it be free? Will it require a special server? Will it panic?

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting

#2gunfire STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON! #2gunfire
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
all-star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pro dod is just 1.3 physics with source graphics...

so basically you can shoot a k98 in source like you did in 1.3

so much better, cause valve seriously screwed up the shooting physics in source, its just awful.

i know they never tested the game before its release, come on, when it was first released, the garand was completely awful, only one shot would hit out of 8, even when crouched, it was just awful, the axis had a huge advantage
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all-star methinks you talketh crap.

Source is a different game - so many people were disappointed with it not because it's a bad game by itself but because it wasn't 1.3. Some hardly gave it a chance before running back to 1.3 claiming source was crap (I'm not saying this is the case with you but it is the case with some people)

The cone of fire is just fine and dandy as far as I'm concerned, I have little problem hitting people with most weapons (cept the sniper, but I sucked with that in 1.3 too). The garand and kar98 were both at disadvantages against automatic weapons before the update and frankly they still are, nothing changes there. The garand was never a one hit killer, even in 1.3, but it certainly didn't miss 7 times in 8 before the update. I'm not saying I don't think it hasn't been improved with the faster fire rate but it wasn't a horrible weapon in the first place.

Perhaps the cone of fire in 1.3 was too generous, did that ever occur to you?

Regardless, comparing the 2 cof's is meaningless. Both are virtual representations of guns firing, you can't claim that just because 1.3 had (seemingly) more accurate guns that source is somehow inferior because of this. Definitely can't claim one is more realistic than the other without having fired the guns in question.

Even then you still can't call one more realistic because you firing, and the soldiers firing, those guns only tells you how accurate *you* can hit with them, which tells you nothing of the next guy's abilities. Sure with training you'll get better but there's always going to be differences from one shooter to the next.
I feel that source more accurately portrays the potential accuracy of a soldier in battle, especially a draftee. They weren't one shot kill robots who were 100% accurate every time and nor should I, or you, be able to be in game. I like the close calls and I like not being able to kill everyone I meet in game.
These elements make the game better, not worse, than 1.3.

Of course that's just my opinion.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve come to respect DoD source it’s an excellent game that gets better with every update.
Everything has been seen or done in 1.3 over and over.
After playing source for a couple of weeks my KD ratio is the same in both games.

StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source is no different to 1.3 to those players who play both games.
Anyone trying to modify Source to play like 1.3 hasn't played the game long enough!
You can't play 2 years at Dod and expect to switch overnight. Most people changing over sometimes think that. You have to do your time....

Practice, practice...!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I will not try prodod.
1. The people developing it are complete a$$h*les they come into the DOD:s forums, and start s&^t nonstop.

2. The prodod development teams openly talk about using hax, and exploits like it is no big thing.

3. Source is coming around to being a great fps the last update fixed a lot of the bugs, and the hit reg that everyone was complaining about. I will say it again just in case you didn't retain it THE HIT REG IS FIXED THE GARAND IS FIXED SOURCE OWNS NOW.

4. prodod is basicly a mod of source that just makes the rifles own everybody, and everything. This is why CAL did not pick it up you couldn't have a match with class limits because the three rifles on your team owned everybody, and all the other classes just got stomped.

5. Point and click one shot kills does not equate to skill for me, because if that was the case anyone that can click on a desktop icon has skill in this game.

On a side note 1.3 will eventually go the way of TFC it will slowly fade, and already is. A year ago 1.3 averaged 2,000 servers now it is down to 1,600 it will fade away. Source is hitting over 6,000 players daily which is a thousand more than 1.3 hits. Not to bash 1.3 , but all the source bashing that has happened by 1.3 players in the last year needs to stop, because it is no longer the bug filled game it used to be.

THe hAXis of evil
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like source, always have. I have issues with some parts of it, but most of those have been fixed and/or aren't what I would classify as "dealbreakers"

The main problem I have with source is that for whatever reason, and it's not graphic settings/etc.....I can't find but a handfull of populated servers that I have a decent ping to (if my ping is over 100 I don't bother)...and of those that I can play on there maybe 1 is that isn't full of compmlete jerks.

I try to get on TV1, but I've discovered that even though the server is almost full when I leave/am close to leaving work it's always, and I say always meaning without fail, empty by the time I actually get home, so I always fall back to TV3 so I can play with the villuns.

So basically to make a long story short, I know...too late, my issue is with the sheer lack of playable options for me in source...which hopefully will take care of itself as it continues to grow.

I just worry how many players may have been permanently lost due to the bad rep. source got in the beginning...hopefully that will fix itself to.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source definitely takes time to get used to after playing the old version for years. If you don't like Source, it doesn't mean it is a bad game. It is a different game and shouldn't be compared to 1.3. Prodod seems like a good alternative for players who find Source too challenging.

I'd rather just play both games, no one has to commit to just one game.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolluX wrote:

I try to get on TV1, but I've discovered that even though the server is almost full when I leave/am close to leaving work it's always, and I say always meaning without fail, empty by the time I actually get home, so I always fall back to TV3 so I can play with the villuns.

So basically to make a long story short, I know...too late, my issue is with the sheer lack of playable options for me in source...which hopefully will take care of itself as it continues to grow.

I just worry how many players may have been permanently lost due to the bad rep. source got in the beginning...hopefully that will fix itself to.

From experience even if 1 person goes onto the server others will follow.
- someone add the post with alot of our names on it to add as friends -
or maybe a sticky or another new post with only source friends???!! - maybe

Any way if I am about I will goto source if asked - BTW a small number of players just at the start is good fun just to work out orientation and tactics (especially on the new maps)- other than mine which is run, shoot, die ...... alot

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: