FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Options for TK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:

I think Stevo would agree with me that late night ville can be a scary place Anxious

I'll second that. Although, after a rash of TKing on the server last night, in less than 2 mins. we had Powder there to police things. Unfortunately, in those 2 mins., we went from a 17 player server count to less than 6.

Would more admins be helpful, yes of course. But, how does an admin deal with these new TKer's, well, new to me anyway. I mean the ones who are smart enough not to kill you for fear of an autoban but, just wound you. These guys show up in groups of 2 or 3 and openly discuss strategy on the mic. That's almost as frustating as getting killed from the get go.

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe thing is the server does not even have auto ban for excessive team kills.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me if i hear them discuss it or i hear from a reg that some people are discussing or gratifying their actions i will ban them as if they have done the deed of TKing...

As far as putting in more options...that is something we can look into but im not sure how much we can add and cannot add at this point...we have just added some new admins so that should get things on the right track. TV1 for whatever reason has become more popular and as a result we will be figuring out how to properly police it...before when it was not popular at all this was not even an issue. But i think we all agree turning on FF for TV1 has been helpful and increased traffic, but with the good will always come the bad we will get through it as normal and eventually people will realize that the behavior that clears out servers is not acceptable here.

The main point im trying to say is that we will figure something out...and junkyard im sorry you had to go esle where to find what you were looking for...hope ya stick around

Powder
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
...........The main point im trying to say is that we will figure something out...and junkyard im sorry you had to go esle where to find what you were looking for...hope ya stick around

Powder

Thats the thing though pmm I don't want to go anywhere else. I prefer playing on the ville.
I have been back recently, because I like playing on the ville as I stated in my post. There is nothing wrong with TV1 besides the players that figure it out when no admin is on, and start the usual cursing, and tking. Hammer made a good point although you showed up in 2 minutes which is great, it still emptied the server.
In three days your server will be full for 72 hours straight. You should hire some crowd control These free weekend players will not care where they get banned from or how many times it's no skin off their backs they don't even own it.

THe hAXis of evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: