FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Options for TK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Options for TK Reply with quote

Ok what are the options?

The worst I saw was slay and that is simply not enough when an admin is not around.

This morning we had 2 people do nothing but TK for 20 minutes straight. It ruined the game that we could not kick or in their case give them a temp ban and EVERYONE left the server.

We do need more harsh options when someone TK's you over and over. IE some people were tk's by the same person everytime they spawned 6 times in row.

Can it be enabled to kick at 4 and then a 20 minute ban at 5 tk's from the same person?

We really do need this option when there are assholes on the sever.
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Options for TK Reply with quote

DaKon wrote:
Ok what are the options?

The worst I saw was slay and that is simply not enough when an admin is not around.

This morning we had 2 people do nothing but TK for 20 minutes straight. It ruined the game that we could not kick or in their case give them a temp ban and EVERYONE left the server.

We do need more harsh options when someone TK's you over and over. IE some people were tk's by the same person everytime they spawned 6 times in row.

Can it be enabled to kick at 4 and then a 20 minute ban at 5 tk's from the same person?

We really do need this option when there are assholes on the sever.

I know what you mean. If the wrong type of people join a FF server they can totally ruine the game. I think that's why FF has usually been off at theVille. Are the supporter commands not working on server1?

PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried the kick/ban vote commands on Srv. 1 yet (thankfully I've not had the need)...although I did try just to kick someone (was just testing w/ their approval) and it said I didn't have access...after that I had to leave so I didn't get to try the others.

I know some of the commands work, but I'm not quite sure how to use them all yet.

I worry about those auto-kick/ban things though b/c one stray nade can get someone banned for not really doing anything wrong....I don't really get why FF is on on 1 anyway....FF seems to, in my experience, cause more trouble than the enjoyment it creates (due to the typical player who doesn't pay close attention).

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the supporter commands do not work on tv1. All you can do is set up a mapvote.
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say the little bit I have played on Serv1 i've enjoyed the FF. When I played though there was no idiots. Infact I may play source a whole lot more now.

Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleeding Tomato wrote:
I must say the little bit I have played on Serv1 i've enjoyed the FF. When I played though there was no idiots. Infact I may play source a whole lot more now.

I enjoy the FF as well. I think I have seen the vote/kick option work on tv1, not sure how to do it though. Most of the time things go well. The problem is that it takes less time for a idiot to screw up a game, empty the server, and trot off into the sunset than it takes to find an admin and get them into the game. What we need is something like that Batman Light. We could just type in "AMX_helpwithajerk" , and all TheVille Admins from around the world could see this big signal in the sky. Then they could jump on TV1 and save us poor helpless supporters from the heathenish hordes lurking in cyberspace.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricen wrote:
What we need is something like that Batman Light. We could just type in "AMX_helpwithajerk" , and all TheVille Admins from around the world could see this big signal in the sky. Then they could jump on TV1 and save us poor helpless supporters from the heathenish hordes lurking in cyberspace.

Definately the Batman light

StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Supporter commands do not allow kicking or banning, AFAIK...
This topic http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22042 discusses it further....

There isn't a lot we can do when a couple of jerks start messing. Some of the Mani commands have been enabled for us (please PMM, don't turn them off!!) This topic http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22880 names a few. Perhaps a freezebomb might do the trick? maybe if they keep getting frozen, they eventually leave without annoying anyone else.

I like the FF too and it definitely messes with your mind! Try playing Source then going onto DoD....!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it would be useful for supporters to have vote kick/ban access, but it seems for some reason that manimod doesn't have an access level for just votes without allowing other stuff. I think that's what the admins said. It seems like it would be easy to fix that, but I don't know.

I usually find FF makes the game more fun and interesting, but it makes it easy for people to ruin the fun. Maybe there should be more options as people continue to TK. Something in between what we have now and what we had at first...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:
There isn't a lot we can do when a couple of jerks start messing.

Well we can do one thing, as I did, leave because the game is not even fun like that.
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaKon wrote:
StrontiumDog wrote:

Well we can do one thing, as I did, leave because the game is not even fun like that.

Please don't do that - I'm sure they will sort something out. I think source is more fun (and the 2new maps are an added bonus) ff also makes the game play better.

The only thing missing is bodies - come join, add as many friends as u can and call us we will come out to play (if our wives let us (husband, life partners.... u get the idea being politically correct here) - lol

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
DaKon wrote:
StrontiumDog wrote:

Please don't do that - I'm sure they will sort something out. I think source is more fun (and the 2new maps are an added bonus) ff also makes the game play better.

I have brought this topic up before, and it is why I have disappeared off the ville for awhile. So first off the reasons I like playing the ville.
1. love the regs
2. like the eva guys, and other admins they can take a ribbing, and still have fun.
3. Usually through intelligent debate most issues that arise around rules can be openly debated in forums.
4. Some really good source players seem to show up on the ville, and I really enjoy going toe to toe with them cough*cmon*cough

What I hate
1. When people are ruining my good time, and no admin is around. This happens about 10% of the time I play on the Ville. While a seemingly small% it is huge in irritation

Since mani has his hands full just making his mod work with source.
Please make more regular source players admins. A well regulated server is a full server.

THe hAXis of evil
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
Please make more regular source players admins. A well regulated server is a full server.

Yeah it might be a good idea to make some trusted regulars admins to keep the server under control. At least until the mod supports supporter vote commands...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven’t’ had a lot of problems with FF yet and most people have been good.
FF on source is what makes it fun to me. It always seemed like something was missing with it off. It’s twice as hard on the admins playing or watching to control the server, but I think it’s worth it. Maybe one day we will have two source servers one with FF on and one with FF off.

junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
We haven’t’ had a lot of problems with FF yet and most people have been good.
FF on source is what makes it fun to me. It always seemed like something was missing with it off. It’s twice as hard on the admins playing or watching to control the server, but I think it’s worth it. Maybe one day we will have two source servers one with FF on and one with FF off.

I don't know if you guys ever look at the server player chart on the daily awards page for source, but this server for some strange reason will be completely empty at 10:00pm , and full by midnight. usually by 12:30am jerks start showing up, and it quickly empties. this is what most of us are talking about. During the daytime the server is well regulated.

Also another thing I would like to point out. DOD:S free weekend coming up July 7th - 10th. There are currently around 2000 source servers with on average 2500 to 6000 daily players. The last free weekend saw player counts higher than 16,000. This one may be as high as 18,000. So what I am getting at is in 4 days your server is going to be packed to gills with fresh newbs ready to give everyone a bad time

I think Stevo would agree with me that late night ville can be a scary place Anxious

THe hAXis of evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: