FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Guilds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Guilds Reply with quote

Ok so I'm well and truely hooked.

My main character is currently an undead warrior on Lethon, it's been quite fun so far, just questing along, getting killed a lot. Grouping has been good, got a couple of people on my social thing but no-one I play with regularly.

So what's the deal with guilds? I've seen a lot of ads being posted in chat for them but they seem obsessed with getting to end game as fast as possible. What I really want is a guild that just people who play together when they're on, help each other out etc, but are easy going, mature, and just level as they level, don't just charge to level 60 as fast as possible.
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it......alas poor Greebo....I knew him well. Just like I said before WOW is digital crack
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played source for about 3 hours earlier today - don't worry, I'm not disappearing.
Malanthros

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are guilds with random leveled members that will help each other out to get to 60, as that is everyone's goal in the end. Basically what i'll suggest is when you're running around, maybe grouping with people your level, ask them about the guild they're in.

Ask if its active, how many members it has, and anything else you would like to know. Then ask if there is a possibility to get in.

I was in a great guild that helped me a long through my 10's to 40's, then it disbanded. But either way, its great fun while it lasted.

But yeah, just look around.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got tired of joining 10 guilds trying to find one with lots of members around my level. There were also lots of people racing to hit 60 and if you miss a day they are 2 levels higher with no chance of catchin up. Takes all the fun out of it.

I started a guild specifically for that reason. I am keeping my guild at or around 100 members as to avoid groups forming within the guild. Everyone helping each other. So far it is working out better then i could have expected.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Backwardsman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a 56 orc warrior on laughing skull so if you need help or anything just let me know if your on that server and ill get on and help ya.....

Thanks Srontium for the sig...!!
llama_beans
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what will happen. You can get into a nice family guild where everyone is on to just help each other level and have fun. As soon as the first person hits 60. They will start to look at ditching you guys to find a raiding guild. After one or 2 of those happens. The focus of the entire guild will shift to get to 60 faster so we can keep members to start raiding. Face it at 60 there is nothing else to do but raid.

If you resist the charm and choose not to level faster with them, you will be left so far behind you will be in the same boat you are now.

Just meet a group a people put them on your friends list and group with them as much as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
D.B.Cooper
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to try this out once the wife leaves... It sounds like a fun game.

Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llama_beans wrote:
Here is what will happen. You can get into a nice family guild where everyone is on to just help each other level and have fun. As soon as the first person hits 60. They will start to look at ditching you guys to find a raiding guild. After one or 2 of those happens. The focus of the entire guild will shift to get to 60 faster so we can keep members to start raiding. Face it at 60 there is nothing else to do but raid.

If you resist the charm and choose not to level faster with them, you will be left so far behind you will be in the same boat you are now.

Just meet a group a people put them on your friends list and group with them as much as possible.

What's funny is I actually encourage people to do that once they hit 60 if they are looking for end game stuff. I tried doing the end game stuff and it got boring in a hurry so I stopped doing it. I know alot of the leaders of some of the top guilds on my server so I usually help the guildies get prepared before they go off to the other guilds. If and when I decide I want to end game again I will have a few 60's of my own to choose from.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> World of Warcraft All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: