FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DCOM error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: DCOM error Reply with quote

Ok, SO i got my RAID set up a windows xp pro installed ok. I was getting a BSOD but found out it was the printer drivers causing this. Now I keep getting a DCOM error in event log.

Event ID 10016

I've gone through the process of giving this service permissions, just like the support site (microsoft) said. But I'm still getting this error

Anyone know?

aLSO, this thing is chugging up my ssytem. Everytime i get the error, a game/system whatever, SLOWS DOWN TO almost a HALT!!!

edit: Also, I'm getting a blue screen again, i cant tell what it is because it flashes for a second, then reboots

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost sound like ur bios are messed!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the Blue screen flashing, apparently there's an option to set it to auto reboot when an error occurs. I had it on . So now I'm patiently waitin for another blue screen.

the DCOM error however seems to be fixed, i ran a few things, tweaked the registry a bit, and it hasnt reported an error in 12 hours. (which is good because it was doing it ever ten minutes.)

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: