FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TFC download

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: TFC download Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there that does'nt play tfc anymore willing to spare their copy? I'd be willing to do some trading with someone if they could help me out. I miss playin TFC so much but I really don't have the means to go out and buy a copy for myself at the moment. So if there is someone out there who is willing to help shoot me an email at hallucinogenixxx at gmail dot com
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have cs, hl1, dod, or any other hl1 game, you can download it off of your mygames list in steam.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a full copy of HL along time ago, I'm thinkin about 2-3yrs ago. I played here on the regular but I've lost it or it has been thrown away so I'm stuck. I can't really get out much anymore due to personal reasons and thats the only reason I was asking. Thanx anyways though.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually don't have to go anywhere to get TFC. You can buy a copy of HL through Steam and then download TFC. If you aren't already set up on Steam, go to www.steampowered.com

You can buy TFC here: http://storefront.steampowered.com/v2/index.php?area=game&AppId=20&

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(please correct me if I'm wrong)
I think....If you still have your original HL serial number you can:

1. You can get a full install of hl.exe file from lots of places on the net for free. If you can't find it on the internet, you can get it from any Pier to Pier file transfer network like Direct connect (DL it at) http://www.neo-modus.com/direct_connect.cfm?nft=1&t=7&p=4

2. You would need to plug in your old serial number when installing HL old-school-style (Not through Steam), just launching the setup file.

3. go to www.steampowered.com download/install/creat account

4. Once you got HL installed and going, start steam go to my games and you might need to search (or point) Steam to the right folder (I think it used to be C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe. Then you might need to tell steam to update your HL game.

5. Finally, (assuming Steam has accepted your HL serial number and updated) you should be able to download TFC and DOD and all the other cheesy mods (like Ricochet) through steam for free

I'm sure I left out a step or two This is all from memory.

Since Steam came into play, I just paid the $10 and downloaded it. Wayyyyyyyy easier.

This is MY suggestion, buy this:

http://storefront.steampowered.com/v2/index.php?area=package&SubId=40&

HL1 anthology, everything HL1 for $15.00

eternalVillealliance
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beeron, he lost it so the cd key is gone. Also, you don't need to have hl1 installed to have it on steam, you just enter the cd key into steam.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
beeron, he lost it so the cd key is gone. Also, you don't need to have hl1 installed to have it on steam, you just enter the cd key into steam.

He did mention that at the bottom of the post. The top part was only if he still had the key written somewhere.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
you don't need to have hl1 installed to have it on steam, you just enter the cd key into steam.

Right on Mike, thanks. I always wondered about that.

...so after you get steam (if you have old HL serial number) you can tell it to DL HL1 and then it will ask for serial number?

eternalVillealliance
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="l3eeron"]
Mike wrote:

...so after you get steam (if you have old HL serial number) you can tell it to DL HL1 and then it will ask for serial number?

I've never done it before, but there's a thing to enter your cd key into under the games button on your mygames list. After that it'll let you download it. You might be able to start downloading it before hand too.
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you are at your steam games list. click on tfc start the preload and then eather if before you registered your cdkey to you login name then it downloads automaticlly, if not it asks for a key or to purchase. very simple they made the process of getting these games very easy and convienient (i know i cant spell).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Team Fortress Classic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: