FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
From my Book...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: From my Book... Reply with quote

Hey all,

I know I have posted some stuff, that some of you like. So I would like to post some pages from a chapter from my current book.."The meanings of life." this isnt the whole chapter just a chunk. Hope you all enjoy. Aha, this is in rough format still un edited, so your the firsts to see, but if you want I can show you the published format..after..

-GaNjA

A smile, positive presence

“In my mind if you make even one person smile during your day or brighten the mood of a complete stranger, your day has been a worthwhile one.” Well said Robin. I believe you can warm someone’s heart or brighten their day with a simple smile, or kind gesture as in asking how their day is, but don’t just ask as if you don’t really care like many do, really ask, then listen as if every fiber of your soul is in that conversation. I find the response you receive when another sees that you actually care and respect what they have to say priceless; this is one of my many fulfilling parts of my young life. I believe to be the most positive person I know or at least try to be, to spread joy to others by even a simple smile sometimes is a meaning to my life. This has become a passion of mine and is a key to living a genuine life and being an extraordinary human being. I don’t want to be a preacher on how to live, I just want to be another one who leads by example and lives an extraordinary life where the world will remember me for what I have given, To have a positive presence, an inspiring presence which gives me a fulfilling feeling that I cannot explain. It all starts with a simple smile. Here is one of my favorite poems, it was written by Joseph Norris to expand further into this subject.

Influence
Drop a pebble in the water
And its ripples reach out far;
And the sunbeams dancing on them
May reflect them to a star

Give a smile to someone passing,
Thereby making his morning glad;
It may greet you in the evening
When your own heart my be sad

Do a deed of simple kindness;
Though its end you may not see,
It may reach, Like widening ripples,
Down a long eternity

I believe that one can make a difference with just a smile. It’s all about having a positive presence and attitude, being “genuine” as I like to call it. You shine and send off energies which people sub-consciously feel. This was put so well by Robin Sharma when he wrote: “ On his death bed, Aldous Huxley reflected on his entire life’s learning and then summed it up in seven simple words”: “Let us be kinder to one another”. All too often, we believe that in order to live a truly fulfilling life we must achieve some great act or grand feat that will put us on the front covers of magazines and newspapers. Nothing could be farther from the truth. A meaningful life is made up of a series of daily acts of decency and kindness, which, ironically, add up to something truly great over the course of a life time.” Every person in this world has a story to tell or a lesson to teach. Just slow down and look around at what you can be taught or what you can teach. Every person you pass during your days brings opportunities, so show some compassion, smile and expand your positive attitude to others. Simply define your humanity. I look at everyone I come across with amazement and respect. Each one of us is different but yet each one of us is the same. Were all cut from the same cloth, and we should all learn to appreciate one another and what we all have to offer. Smile more often, and next time you come across a stranger show that smile proudly and fill there hearts with warmth because that warmth will spread.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
-Winston Churchill-

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the though of what happens when someone does something extraordinary for others.

Are polite societies on average kinder then others?

How big is this book?
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

published it will be just under 200 pages.. which is a good size... I do not go into much detail about societies and the statistics so much... It is a philosophical book but yet factual.. I do go into detail about society and the world and how off track everything is. How majority of this world hit the twilgiht of their lives or end up on their deathbeds with sorrow hearts full of regets. unfortunitly its too late.based on my research and study of the extraordinary people who have made life and this world a better place and their philosophies. everyone from Jesus christ to mother teresa to albert einstein to nelson mandela and so on, also fromwhat I have learnt through my life, in the section about the author you will here some of it.. I live by many of these philosophies and by what I write. You may recall some earlier post of some of my work, and by some I admire. This is just a little chunk from one chapter.. This book is what the title says "the meanings of life". If you recognize them you will make this world a better place and will live a fulfilling "genuine" as I call it life. Many do not recognize how precious life really is. I am not a religious buff by any means, though I am religious and spiritual. I am actually going to Kenya next year to help at a orphanage, where children call home, because their parents have died from aids, are too sick ect... In this orphange is a school where I am actually working on installing a philosophy and poetry class...Not north american but the worlds work.. Life is a beautiful thing. I believe it is a benificial read.

Life throws it's inevitable curves. It's just a part of life. A life without problems isnt a life worth living. Where would you gain the experience. Behind every problem there is a opprotunity.

"If you think something cannot occur in your life, then theres no way you will take the action required to make that goal a reality. Your "Impossibility thinking" manifests itself"
Robin Sharma
"Most people take the limits of their vision to be the limits of the world.A few do not. Join them."
Philosopher Arthur Schopenhaur

Big Idea: Your days are your life in miniature. As you live your hours, so you create your years. As you live your days, so you will craft your life. What you do today is actually creating your future. The words you speak, the thoughts you think, the food you eat and the actions you take are defining your destiny-shaping who you are becoming and what your life will stand for. Small choices lead to giant consequences-over time. There's no such thing as an unimportant day.

Each on of us is called to greatness. Each one of us has an exquisite power within us. Each one of us can have a significant impact on the world around us-if we so choose. But for this power that resides internally to grow, we need to use it. And the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets. The more this power gets tapped, the more confident you become. Henry David Thoreau related to this point well when he wrote:" I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of a human being to elevate their life be conscious endeavor." And advertising guru Donny Deutsch added a more current spin on the idea when he wrote: " for every person with the stuff, the one out of a hundred who goes to a rarefied place is the one who says, 'why not me?' and goes for it."

The best among us are not more gifted than the rest. They just take little steps each day as they march toward their biggest life. And the days slip into weeks, the weeks into months and before they know it, the arrive at a place called extraordinary.

-Robin Sharma, chapter 5,"your days define your life", the greatest life-

This isnt all from my book....I just thought I'd share it

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passion is beautiful
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: