FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
See why safety is key?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: See why safety is key? Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2482701

I hate this guy, and I have no sympathy for stupidity.

But I think for a minute I heard city of Pittsburgh suffer a massive heart attack.

JtH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in pittsburgh

and no offense, whether you like Roethlisberger or not, but not feeling bad for an accident is immature and rude.

regardless of his actions he is still a human being, and therefore deserves your best wishes and prayers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm lol people laugh at darwin award winners. How is this any different? It isn't.
The Tiju

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: See why safety is key? Reply with quote

loka wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2482701

I hate this guy, and I have no sympathy for stupidity.

But I think for a minute I heard city of Pittsburgh suffer a massive heart attack.

just cause you hate him doesnt mean that you shouldnt feel bad for someone elses pain. he nearly died...not something to make light of

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I agree. I personally don't have anything agaisnt Roethislisbergerchestertinfieldville, because I don't keep up with sports or sports personalities. However, I also don't have any sympathy for anybody who dies or nearly dies from a blatent fault of their own. When you ride a motorcycle... you wear a helmet.... doing otherwise is just asking death to come knocking. You crash without a helmet and you're probably going to die, or at least suffer a very serious head injury. It's elementary.

With that said, seeing as how he IS alive, I hope he learned a valuble lesson in safety.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
loka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Pacifist wrote:
No, I agree. I personally don't have anything agaisnt Roethislisbergerchestertinfieldville, because I don't keep up with sports or sports personalities. However, I also don't have any sympathy for anybody who dies or nearly dies from a blatent fault of their own. When you ride a motorcycle... you wear a helmet.... doing otherwise is just asking death to come knocking. You crash without a helmet and you're probably going to die, or at least suffer a very serious head injury. It's elementary.

With that said, seeing as how he IS alive, I hope he learned a valuble lesson in safety.

Whats even worse is he was riding with no valid license just a learners permit on a HAYABUSA. YOU DON'T RIDE A HAYABUSA WITH OUT A HELMET OR A LEARNERS PERMIT. YOU ACTUALLY DIE.

He chose that path of not wearing a helmet, and not taking the extra precautions because he wanted to feel his hair in the wind.

Immature or not this is why I know I can become a cop. Emotions don't get in the way of blatant stupidity. I don't care what he is. If it was some schmuck you'd say good riddance. Give me a break.

Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to agree with vp on this one

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="loka"]Immature or not this is why I know I can become a cop./quote]

Your a cop

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ricen"]
loka wrote:
Immature or not this is why I know I can become a cop.

Your a cop

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys remember Trigger Happy?

He was a villun that passed away from a very similar motorcycle accident.

It is not your responsibility to make sure someone else wheres a helmet. He didn't and thats on him.

Again ill state, he's still a human and deserves your best wishes and prayers, regardless of the circumstances.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JtH wrote:
i live in pittsburgh

and no offense, whether you like Roethlisberger or not, but not feeling bad for an accident is immature and rude.

regardless of his actions he is still a human being, and therefore deserves your best wishes and prayers.

so if Osama bin laden got into a mororcycle accident, you would wish and pray for him to live?

If you couldn't tell from the guy shot at while playing wow thread, I like many other people in this thread, have no sympathy for stupidity.

If you're stupidbenough to speed on a motorcycle without a helmet in the middle of a city, then you deserve to get into a bad accident. THe worst is, he could have killed some innocent person in a car or a pedestrian. This is why i hate those morons who race on crowded streets and highways. It's as just as bad a drunk driving.

Sometimes it upsets me that people who do things this stupid are able to be saved by modern medicine just so they can do something stupid again.
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben was gonna buy this model:

But as you can see they were sold out.

As far as having my best wishes and prayers. I reserve that honor for those who wear helmets. Like others, I have no sympathy for stupidity.

Stupid is as Stupid Does

Willie Busserhimen
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got yer back Loka!

and I agree with VP.

BEN:
Just because you throw a football for millions of dollars doesn't mean you can't die in an automobile accident. But since you are luckily alive, I hope you GWS so the Bengals can rip you apart this season. #alien

Willie Busserhimen.v-V$
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People make mistakes. Fortunately this guy did not die, and hopefully he will learn from this mistake. It is easy for us to say that someone deserves to get into an accident when you don't know them, but would you say that if your best friend or a family member made the same mistake? I know I wouldn't....

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
JtH wrote:
i live in pittsburgh

so if Osama bin laden got into a mororcycle accident, you would wish and pray for him to live?

If you couldn't tell from the guy shot at while playing wow thread, I like many other people in this thread, have no sympathy for stupidity.

If you're stupidbenough to speed on a motorcycle without a helmet in the middle of a city, then you deserve to get into a bad accident. THe worst is, he could have killed some innocent person in a car or a pedestrian. This is why i hate those morons who race on crowded streets and highways. It's as just as bad a drunk driving.

Sometimes it upsets me that people who do things this stupid are able to be saved by modern medicine just so they can do something stupid again.

first off, comparing Roeth to Osama bin Laden is ignorant in and of itself.

Secondly, people make mistakes. What makes you a good person is to be able to look past those mistakes and still see that, like everyone else, at the core of things are a person.

These people have family, lives, friends, goals and ambitions. I will not condemn anyone merely because they do not wear a helmet.

Thirdly, if you guys would do more research into it, you would find that the accident was not caused by Roeth but rather the woman that he ran into. I have driven that intersection many times and its a tough one. She made a left hand turn while Roeth had the right of way. She didn't look to make sure the intersection was clear.

Lastly, none of you have any room to talk if you do not wear a seatbelt while driving, which im sure some of you do not. Same exact thing.

Instead of bashing him, maybe you should hope that he has learned his lesson.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: